Not So Important News

antibiotictab

Was it that popular enough they made a sequel for it? The original I can understand, EVOL was kinda nonsensical.

Thanks to pachinko money, Satelight can make animes and the works will become some pachinko machines. Because it is a subsidiary company of Sankyo, a major pachinko machine manufacturer.

And many pachinko players have come to know the title of the anme and some of them will watch it.

Even though many anime fans dislike pachinko, many works of Satelight become pachinko machines and the huge revenue of them helps them to make the other ones.

Thanks to pachinko money, Satelight can make animes and the works will become some pachinko machines. Because it is a subsidiary company of Sankyo, a major pachinko machine manufacturer.

And many pachinko players have come to know the title of the anme and some of them will watch it.

Even though many anime fans dislike pachinko, many works of Satelight become pachinko machines and the huge revenue of them helps them to make the other ones.

Just look at how many people keep flogging the Macross pachinko footage on Youtube as "OMG!! NEW ROBOBLECH FOOTAGE!!1!!1!1!!"

Just look at how many people keep flogging the Macross pachinko footage on Youtube as "OMG!! NEW ROBOBLECH FOOTAGE!!1!!1!1!!"

Too bad the word is that Macross Pachinko was rubbish as well from those who actually play them. Something about the maths used in the game was bad or some such.

Personally never tried it even though I could have when they were just introduced into the parlors, the places are a violent assault on the ears. I was unfortunate enough to be walking past one at an inopportune time once as the doors were opening and I felt like I got hit by an ear splitting explosion.

Too bad the word is that Macross Pachinko was rubbish as well from those who actually play them. Something about the maths used in the game was bad or some such.

Personally never tried it even though I could have when they were just introduced into the parlors, the places are a violent assault on the ears. I was unfortunate enough to be walking past one at an inopportune time once as the doors were opening and I felt like I got hit by an ear splitting explosion.

I liked it, but I was playing it at a friend's house (he owns that, the Ghost in the Shell, the Combattler V, and the Back to the Future pachinko machines), so first, it was free, and second, it wasn't noisy.

I was the first person to ever win on his machine, but even then... I won with Kakizaki, so I'm not sure you can REALLY call that winning...

Not sure about Fever Macross being crap.. sounds like ramble from someone who doesnt know any better.

I have the Pachislo (Slot) version and its pretty entertaining.

I have been hunting the Pachinko Version since last summer.. I played it @ AX 2014 and the same vendor had it setup @ Otakon ... liked it enough to keep an eye out for it.

Well I can understand owning one, especially since you're really not playing to *win* at your own place. It's always been an open to the point that it's not a secret that Pachinko parlors are basically a sort of a gambling slot machine, a prettier and more engaging one at that. Which is why the bad maths used in the Macross one made it such a failure and not well regarded when they rolled out into the parlors.

Hell I won't mind owning it myself. It'd be relaxing and *fun* to play with, which is why it's popular. People need a distraction after dealing with the drudge of a Japanese working day.

And it's Macross to boot.

I liked it, but I was playing it at a friend's house (he owns that, the Ghost in the Shell, the Combattler V, and the Back to the Future pachinko machines), so first, it was free, and second, it wasn't noisy.

I was the first person to ever win on his machine, but even then... I won with Kakizaki, so I'm not sure you can REALLY call that winning...

Any game that ends with Kakizaki alive is a win! XD

Winning with Kakizaki is like double winning.

YEAH! Gotta love that underdog bakero! XD

• 4 weeks later...

The next Aquarion.

https://youtu.be/szjAot0GEQM

Is the robot in the video formed from just two units?

Also, not to derail the news thread, but I tried to watch Evol and dropped it after three episodes due to the way I felt it was exploiting its female characters. Is the original any better in that regard?

Is the robot in the video formed from just two units?

Also, not to derail the news thread, but I tried to watch Evol and dropped it after three episodes due to the way I felt it was exploiting its female characters. Is the original any better in that regard?

Mmmm... Evol is not as good a show as the original, but I'm unsure about exploitative. Both of them are behind me a bit, and I don't remember them as well as I might.

The original doesn't have a worthless main heroine like Evol(I call 'em as I see 'em), though it suffers from having a large cast and no focus at first(it takes them a while to settle into their leads and start relegating the others to second-tier).

• 1 month later...

I have sometimes got mad about the fu*cking comment about anime of the former NH Rep. Nick Levasseur.

Now he has gone somewhere and I thank Mr. Obama this morning.

https://youtu.be/l-8zQC-9Iok

• 5 weeks later...
Not Macross related info, but one of Kawamori-san's works, the racing cars of "Future GPX Cyber Formula."

The model cars of Asuradas he designed are sold by Megahouse, and 1/1 Super Asurada 01 will be exhibited at "Megahobby Expo Spring" on next Saturday.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yuichi Nakamura, Hiroshi Kamiya, Jun Fukuyama, and Aya Endo play their roles in "Osomatsu-san."

ANN didn't catch up with the brand-new news story yet, Ms. Endo plays Totoko-san, the heroine.

The original manga of it started more than 50 years ago.

Recent YT upload, DYRL? Discussion Panel with crew and concepts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cX3NJi_1cQ

I did a write up on this program a couple of years ago on the MW Main Page, see here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/countdown-to-dyrl-on-bd-a-look-back-at-2005s-bs-anime-yawa-macross-do-you-remember-love-tv-special/

In fact, there is already an entire thread on the subject here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf//index.php?showtopic=37167

Edited by Renato

• 2 weeks later...