DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Wouldn't you need to sell said kidney in order to raise the funds? :unsure::p

No, donate the kidney to the person who needs one and has the armor. they have been up late drinking endless nights to get the pre-orders and managed to get the armor. Their kidney is now fried from red bull and alcohol. They will trade the armor for the kidney.

Edited by sreichma

Well call me slightly irritated... I nabbed a "pre-order" from HLJ for a VF-25F Renewal back in July (26th, to be exact). At the time I got it, I they were due for release in August, for some reason. August came and went and now September is almost finished, my order didn't move and no payment request.

After lots of searching and waiting, I've finally thought to check Bandai's site itself and see the reissue was July, 2014. I see no reason why HLJ would be getting another shipment when the release was back in the month I "Pre" ordered the thing in the first place.

Something tells me this one ain't gonna happen.

Am I missing something?

Well call me slightly irritated... I nabbed a "pre-order" from HLJ for a VF-25F Renewal back in July (26th, to be exact). At the time I got it, I they were due for release in August, for some reason. August came and went and now September is almost finished, my order didn't move and no payment request.

After lots of searching and waiting, I've finally thought to check Bandai's site itself and see the reissue was July, 2014. I see no reason why HLJ would be getting another shipment when the release was back in the month I "Pre" ordered the thing in the first place.

Something tells me this one ain't gonna happen.

Am I missing something?

HLJ dropped the ball for me too, but on a completely different item. I pre-ordered the VF-22 Master File back before it was out. The release date came and went and there was no movement on my order. It went to backordered and now on the site, it shows Oct restock. What the hell is the point of pre-ordering?! I never even got any communication from them saying that they didn't have enough or whatever. Between this and N-Y botching the Ozma YF-29 Super parts pre-orders, I don't know what place I can trust these days not to screw up a pre-order.

I've followed up 3 times now. Their response is always that they don't know when they'll be getting their shipment of BAN964807. That would be fine if it weren't for the fact that according to the release schedule, it already happened - In July, the very same month I ordered it!

If they're saying they expect an additional shipment, but don't know when, I'd say that's flat out not going to happen.

If they're waiting for someone to cancel an outstanding Private Warehouse order or something similar, in order to free up items, then that's something else entirely and I am happy to wait. In the meantime, those second hand items on Mandarake are becoming more and more expensive and hard to find.

Edited by mickyg

HLJ dropped the ball for me too, but on a completely different item. I pre-ordered the VF-22 Master File back before it was out. The release date came and went and there was no movement on my order. It went to backordered and now on the site, it shows Oct restock. What the hell is the point of pre-ordering?! I never even got any communication from them saying that they didn't have enough or whatever. Between this and N-Y botching the Ozma YF-29 Super parts pre-orders, I don't know what place I can trust these days not to screw up a pre-order.

That's a bit harsh to say about NY when it was only slightly delayed for the YF-29 Ozma Super parts. We don't know what caused the delay, but they did not botch it up as everyone who ordered it, is getting them but just slightly delayed about a week.

I have faith in NY still as they have met all my preorders. Their biggest delay would have been the YF-29 Ozma, but even then, they managed to fulfill their orders.

I've followed up 3 times now. Their response is always that they don't know when they'll be getting their shipment of BAN964807. That would be fine if it weren't for the fact that according to the release schedule, it already happened - In July, the very same month I ordered it!

If they're saying they expect an additional shipment, but don't know when, I'd say that's flat out not going to happen.

If they're waiting for someone to cancel an outstanding Private Warehouse order or something similar, in order to free up items, then that's something else entirely and I am happy to wait. In the meantime, those second hand items on Mandarake are becoming more and more expensive and hard to find.

Sorry to hear...I still feel like HLJ may be a good bet, but you're correct about what you've seen on Mandarake. You could pull the trigger on one of the next sealed 25F's that pop up and cancel your pre-order.

If worse comes to pass then maybe you can request HLJ give you some sort of discount on your next purchase.

-b.

Thanks guys. Did just that last night but in the time it took me to update my shipping info in Paypal, someone else purchased the items out from under me. Mandarake had a heckuva night last night in terms of what they listed and how quickly it sold out!

I've finally found the pages in this monster thread that dealt with the July re-re-release and I'm more convinced than ever that I somehow ordered when stock levels hadn't been firmly established. I ordered within 24 hours of Kanedas Bike and almost the same time as Pedro2k6. Kanedas' shipped within days, Pedro's didn't until just a week or so ago if I recall correctly. I think the stock levels were "fuzzy" and I managed to get the order into that gray area.

I'll wait another day or two to hear back from HLJ. I sent them a very simple email asking if I'd missed out and if they could verify stock. Hopefully I get a definite answer this time. If not, I'll grab something from Mandarake and hope I can find another item from the same store to make the shipping easier to swallow.

Don't suppose any Aussies have ordered using the DHL option? I hate not knowing how much I'm up for in shipping before I order! I chose EMS last time on some super parts because I figured it'd be safe - $25 for that tiny little box...

I've finally found the pages in this monster thread that dealt with the July re-re-release and I'm more convinced than ever that I somehow ordered when stock levels hadn't been firmly established. I ordered within 24 hours of Kanedas Bike and almost the same time as Pedro2k6. Kanedas' shipped within days, Pedro's didn't until just a week or so ago if I recall correctly. I think the stock levels were "fuzzy" and I managed to get the order into that gray area.

I'll wait another day or two to hear back from HLJ. I sent them a very simple email asking if I'd missed out and if they could verify stock. Hopefully I get a definite answer this time. If not, I'll grab something from Mandarake and hope I can find another item from the same store to make the shipping easier to swallow.

Don't suppose any Aussies have ordered using the DHL option? I hate not knowing how much I'm up for in shipping before I order! I chose EMS last time on some super parts because I figured it'd be safe - $25 for that tiny little box...

I am not sure how much Mandarake is selling the VF-25F now, but check out Amazon JP as might be a cheaper route to order. Currently going for about 14,500 Yen depending on which seller you buy from. You have to use Tenso as a forwarding agent and they ship by EMS which might be cheaper than DHL. Tenso charges actual shipping costs plus their service fee which I find it to be reasonable. Their fee is based on the weight of the parcel.

Yep, they're common enough. But when you've only got the funds for 2 renewal valks and a deal you can't pass up comes along, you have to weigh up your priorities. Do I keep the F or S preorder? F had to go, unfortunately. If I can replenish funds in time to score another later on, at a reasonable price, I certainly will.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone somewhere has probably asked this before but I can't find it, so I'll ask it here. Anyone know if the old Gallia IV fold set is compatible with the renewals? Specifically the wing mounted speakers.

I can't remember who it was, but I remember someone posting pics of the speakers on a VF-25G renewal.

Edited by Saburo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes I think it was davidwhangchoi. The speakers were fine but the fold booster could not be properly attached.

i ve seen it on this thread but it was someone else who posted it (too lazy to look back) yeah, i just saw the speakers attached as well.

With fold speakers.

10533898_10152291672362861_7542026877690

I think attachment on the renewal is more accurate compared to one on the V1.

Not a VF-25G but you get the picture. Fold booster won't fit because it doesn't have the mounting holes.

10459065_10152274924282861_2979492976337

Thank Duymon for this pic:

DSC07233.JPG

Edited by wmkjr

25f sold out again most places?

Seems to have jumped up to 200 bucks.

To the best of my knowledge it's been sold out for awhile at HLJ, AmiAmi, Hobby Search and the like, but still fairly available at places that sell 2nd hand merchandise.

Did a certain store have a run on their stock or something? There were tons available just a couple of days ago at or around $ 150.

-b.