Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

HA! I was closest in scale (I guessed 1/2500).

I think if they do ABS/POM/Die-Cast construction like the Destroids it won't be too expensive, most of the cost would go into gimmicks, also depending on quantity made. The transformation of the SDF-1 is relatively simple, so engineering isn't much of an issue. Considering this will be the biggest, and potentially most detailed SDF-1 ever made, I imagine it will sell like hotcakes, especially in Japan.

I'm excited.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this shrank a tiny bit to something closer to 1/2500 scale by the time it was released.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Like everyone else OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG! :lol:

Now $500 is a bit step but I think most of us will find a way to swing it :lol: . Maybe cut back on the VF-1 1/60 purchases! :lol:

Anyway all I really have to say is

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SIZE OF THE BOX YAMATO IS GOING TO PUT THIS IN!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOOD:

SIZE = AWESOME

PRICE = FINE FOR THE SIZE

BAD:

NOT TV VERSION :(

On the other hand, everytime so far Yamato releases a VF-1 lately, its not just one color scheme or pilot like Max, its the whole line 1A, 1A TV and his 1S and so on. Hell who knows, maybe a TV version will follow when they see were all set to shell out the dough for this one!! Its a crazy theory, but then again.............

Edited by 505thAirborne

Like everyone else OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG!OMG! :lol:

Now $500 is a bit step but I think most of us will find a way to swing it :lol: . Maybe cut back on the VF-1 1/60 purchases! :lol:

Anyway all I really have to say is

CAN YOU IMAGINE THE SIZE OF THE BOX YAMATO IS GOING TO PUT THIS IN!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

for me its called cutting out the transformer toys since the movie ones suck donkey balls

Hm Quarter looks good for a prototype.

And 500 dollars isn't too far off from what I predicted, STILL it's going to get marked up by Retailers for US selling, and I'm sure the shipping will be a rape as well, probably 60+ cause of weight and cause international shippers like to fondle our wallets.

It's a bit too steep for me right now...I'm got things planned and gotta save up as much as possible between now and July and that is very difficult.

I just blew up one of the photos and it says that the SDF-1 will be 1-2000 scale that`s pretty sweet!

Edit: Sorry I think someone mentioned this already. :mellow:

post-9075-1235284258_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Good news. Reports from Japanese fans say Yamato is aiming to keep it around the 50,000yen mark (approx. US$500).

Well, no one know how much this 'monster' going to cost, but it IS coming next spring.

That means we all have at least 12 months to save up for this! ;)

Well, no one know how much this 'monster' going to cost, but it IS coming next spring.

That means we all have at least 12 months to save up for this! ;)

next spring? wow, that's good news... hopefully things will be turned around enough where I can spend that kind of money on a toy.

It says it will be available in spring of 2010 and the price is TBD... :rolleyes:

Yes, nice but at the current 86 yen to 1 us dollar it would be more than for 581.00 for 50,000 yen not to mention hlj only ships EMS for that dollar value. So add an additional 190. Dollars to the price. So yamato better rethink that price or they will lose out on the customers.

Yes, nice but at the current 86 yen to 1 us dollar it would be more than for 581.00 for 50,000 yen not to mention hlj only ships EMS for that dollar value. So add an additional 190. Dollars to the price. So yamato better rethink that price or they will lose out on the customers.

Actually, the yen is 93/1 right now, and has been slowly going down. By the time the SDF-1 ever gets to market, it'll be more like 100/1 or better.

HLJ always shows an artificially low rate on their auto-conversions.

Vostok 7

I also wouldn't be surprised if this shrank a tiny bit to something closer to 1/2500 scale by the time it was released.

Vostok 7

I actually hope you're right about this, but I doubt it.

A 1/2500 scale at about $300 would have been grate, but this? this is just ridiculousness to the point of nausea

the quarter and the EX-Gear looks cool though... *runs to those threads*

I actually hope you're right about this, but I doubt it.

A 1/2500 scale at about $300 would have been grate, but this? this is just ridiculousness to the point of nausea

the quarter and the EX-Gear looks cool though... *runs to those threads*

Well, the prototype seems to be in about the same stage the original 1/60 Monster was when they were first showing that off, and we all know how that (de)evolved into the 1/100 Konig. At some point they'll probably realize that 1/2000 is just a little TOO unreasonable and it'll get shaved down a little bit, just like the Monster.

But we'll see. I know that anything SDF will probably fly off the shelves in Japan, I just don't know if 50k yen is a good price point.

Vostok 7

Well, the prototype seems to be in about the same stage the original 1/60 Monster was when they were first showing that off, and we all know how that (de)evolved into the 1/100 Konig. At some point they'll probably realize that 1/2000 is just a little TOO unreasonable and it'll get shaved down a little bit, just like the Monster.

But we'll see. I know that anything SDF will probably fly off the shelves in Japan, I just don't know if 50k yen is a good price point.

Vostok 7

I hope you're right as well.

Actually, the yen is 93/1 right now, and has been slowly going down. By the time the SDF-1 ever gets to market, it'll be more like 100/1 or better.

HLJ always shows an artificially low rate on their auto-conversions.

Vostok 7

I hope your right, plus I hope yamato shaves it down in size it'll be easier to play with like the kong monster

The monster is a one time thing. If anything they upsized everything else. Remember the 1/100 VF-0, the 1/72 19 everyone was waiting for. They'll probably go 1/32 with the VF-1s once they milk the 1/60s again...

I dont really see the point of a smaller Macross. It should overtower the other toys Yamato has. Maybe they'll make a smaller one down the road.

Besides, my source that told me NOT to commision a custom said that Yamato was pretty excited about this toy, that it's coming for sure.