Smartphone Wallpapers

Mr March

I was thinking about using a gif for a background. Does that take a lot of battery power? I really want to run a small movie clip.

I'd love to do that to, but I think you have to use a special app to make it happen.

Any Macross-y ones sized for an iPhone 5? I very much like Kelsain's. (that's the best new Macross artwork in years, IMHO, it should be EVERYWHERE)

What about the UN Spacy kite against a background of stars? The iPhone 5's screen resolution is 640 x 1136 pixels, so this should fit. It is what I am currently displaying.

un-spacy-iphone5-640x1136.jpg

Edited by Noriko Takaya

I still can't believe some company in Japan isn't making a phone with an anime interface. We should have a Macross or Ghost in the Shell themed phone by now. Microsoft had that fairly lame Ghost in the Shell Arise tie in.

There actually are a couple full Macross interface apps, with vocaloid Sheryl and Ranka support, but they're part of monthly services.

Have a link to the details? But the "monthly services" thing sounds bad.

I still want a Macross or Ghost in the Shell designed cellphone. You would think Microsoft would have jumped at the chance for more than just a few tablets in advertisments for Arise. But they have done this sort of thing before in Japan with Xbox and Windows having cute anime girl artwork in the ads.

Surfing through DeviantArt I found two amazing images for smartphone wallpapers. The two images are near perfect designs for the layout of a four-icon S3. A little bit of rearrangement and some of the icons even merge with the subject's pose within image :)

post-114-0-00394600-1379707456_thumb.png

post-114-0-53361200-1379707464_thumb.png

I just upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to a 4S this weekend, so this thread is once again relevant to me. (I see no need to spend $200 on the latest model when the 4 is just fine - that's half of a YF-19!)

What surprised me is that no one has made a Sharon Apple iPhone case. It seems like such a no-brainer!!

Might be time to dust off the Cafe Press account and make one...

I remember that on the front page. I'm looking for something more complete. Phone exterior design. OS icons, voices, sounds, menus, etc. Really no reason not to have one for Macross, Ghost in the Shell, Gundam, or any of the more popular tech anime shows. It's amazing to me that I've still only seen Evangelion and Eden of the East cellphones.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

We most certainly are. I just stopped cause I felt kinda alone in this thread. I love the two you've posted; do you have larger, clean versions of these two images so I can build some for my phone?

Edited by Mr March

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...