1/60 VF-1 Accessory Parts from Yamato displayed at Wonder Fest

Graham

CO SIGN! Max too while they're at it! I love the VF-1D but already have that paint scheme. Make a Virgin Road version with the extra parts and I might bite...

Good call, I'm totally down for that. :)

Oh, hang on, I realized that the baby pod wouldn't come with the blue 1D... Argh.

Edited by Renato

CO SIGN! Max too while they're at it! I love the VF-1D but already have that paint scheme. Make a Virgin Road version with the extra parts and I might bite...

Ditto. I had passed on the Max and Milia Vf-1J's originally.

I would certainly think this means a re-release of the M&M valks too right? Since those are even more scarce?

That would be good. Never manage to find those. They should include gun-straps as well though in these re-issues..

And I think the side covers should all be gray like the GBP...

They should include gun-straps as well though in these re-issues..

Good point!

In other news.... ARGH. I found a rapidly growing crack on one of my VF-1D's shoulder hinge. I guess I might be getting a reissue after all... :wacko: (Although between VF5SS's new hinges and Yamato seemingly still providing service, I still might be able to salvage this guy)

A VF-1D with a shoulder crack? Perhaps there's no such thing as a "safe" V2... just "less prone to breaking".

Actually to be fair, none of the valks by Yamato Bandai and most makers are "safe". It is as you have said, more or less prone to damage, that's all.

I remember back in the 80s, I even managed to break the Bandai chunky munkey's back pack and vertical stablizers for a toy considered "unbreakable"

I would certainly think this means a re-release of the M&M valks too right? Since those are even more scarce?

That would be good. Never manage to find those. They should include gun-straps as well though in these re-issues..

And I think the side covers should all be gray like the GBP...

Damn. I sure hope so.

ishop2go has the 1-j with option parts up for pre order. Not sure about the other versions....

Shouldn't be too long before Amiami and HLJ have them up. They also have the cavalier up for pre order which I did grab, the option parts are cool but I'm not going to buy all the Valks that I already own just for the sake a few parts.

A VF-1D with a shoulder crack? Perhaps there's no such thing as a "safe" V2... just "less prone to breaking".

Actually I remember reports of broken VF-1D shoulders, it wasn't until Max's valks were released that the V2 line had a period of no broken shoulder reports(until the VT-1 and 1st run of the GPB1 set with Hikaru's VF1J).

Poster showing the optional parts included with the re-issues.

Neck area cover will be included.

ameblo.jp/digitamin/entry-11163810949.html

Thanks for the pic! Gotta go a LITTLE off-topic here just to say what a good-humoured company Yamato is. In the text, in brackets you see the word アラサー coming after "30th Anniversary". Romanized, this reads "Arasaa". This is actually quite a new word in Japanese society which is taken from a truncation of "Araundo Saatii" -- "Around Thirty". As some of you may know, there is a Kon-katsu phenomenon here in Japan which has its roots in the desperation of women feeling pressured to get married "around thirty". Basically, they're equating the Macross franchise as a woman who should be thinking of settling down.

Anyway, all of this is part of the reason why I think the Yamato guys are so great. They're not just a company making kick-ass toys -- they have a cynical, crazy sense of humour, even in official settings such as these. :)

So is it official that they won't sell them seperate?

Also with these re-released versions, does this mean they're going to release the super and strike packs again? Missed on them as I didn't expect them to out of production after a couple of years...

So is it official that they won't sell them seperate?

Also with these re-released versions, does this mean they're going to release the super and strike packs again? Missed on them as I didn't expect them to out of production after a couple of years...

It is official that they are releasing non-FP versions of the 1S, 1D and 1J with the extra parts. That's all we know.

Edited by Renato

Is the VF-1S specifically labeled as Roy or Hikaru?

I ask because these VF-1/side cover combos on offer here are all the ones Hikaru flew in SDF.

Anyway glad Yamato is finally doing this, although they should have done this the first time around.

Now all I need is a re-release of Hikaru DYRL VF-1S with the side covers and the revised crotch lock...

Graham,

Any word on Yamato releasing the option parts separately? Even if it was only through HLJ I don't care. I'd just like a few sets to put on the Valks I already purchased.

Thanks!

Dunno, Yamato are being a bit uncommuncative recently. Probably beacuse of me not writting any reviews recently...........LOL!

Graham

Random question.... does ishop2go charge you up front for pre-orders, or do they only charge when the item is in-stock and ships?

I just ordered the vf-1d, vf-1j with option parts, and vf-1 cavaliers. I had to pay up front.

I don't want to miss out, so I'll just have to wear it.

Hopefully they are reliable.