All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

So, I got bored of the Doom open beta after about a heavy day of playing. My main complaint is that the weapons are pretty unbalanced. The super shotgun is the undisputed king, due to the insane damage it does in short range, the speed at which everyone is capable of moving (to close medium distances to short distance), and the general cramped-ness of the deathmatch levels. I am still looking forward to the single player campaign and will explore the other multiplayer modes that the retail version ships. Not gonna recommend it based on my beta experiences. There needs to be some significant rebalancing to make it fun again, IMO. But man, it's so fun to get a glory kill on a player who has the demon rune. Soooo satisfying.

I also got into the Overwatch beta over the weekend. Played two matches and then gave it up. A lot of imbalance from character to character. The movement and controls felt clunky and laggy. I probably should try some other classes, but again, balance was an issue.

Tried out the UT4 alpha. VERY good for the state that it's in right now. This game is definitely my style, which is why I played the crap out of UT99 and UT2K4 back in the day. They've done a fantastic job of bringing back the feeling of UT99 both in gameplay and aesthetics (they even are using recycled media such as sounds and some maps, which helps). The levels are much more wide open and combat is fast and frenetic. Weapons are pretty well-balanced, but I think the link gun needs to be tuned down a bit. The alpha is fully-functional and it's FREE to play. I ran into some very good players and did not feel like the game was bullshit like Doom is right now. I'd recommend checking it out, partly due to the "free" pricetag. Epic is hoping to get tons of feedback from the community while building this game, so take advantage of it!

So I was messing around on Steam and found this group. Please tell me it is official:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/MacrossWorld

*shrugs*

PockySticks is the only one I recognize, although it's possible that board members are using different Steam IDs than their MW names.

Okay, so I watched a bunch of Doom videos this weekend and I CANNOT wait for it to release. I didn't really enjoy the multiplayer beta, but the single player campaign is gonna be amazing.

Yeah, I need a single player game to eat some of my time right now.

I want to hate on this SO BAD, but I just can't. This looks cool and I wanna play it right now. although the zero G space stuff towards the end makes me REALLY, REALLY want a Dead Space 2 remaster.

Guest davidwhangchoi

modern warfare remaster looks better than the new cod

Edited by davidwhangchoi

a lot of people are gonna get this for MW remastered and be really disappointed when the discover that cod4 wasn't nearly as good as they remember it being.

Guest davidwhangchoi

uF89bAQ.gif

you guys waiting for gundam breaker 3 asia release for english localization?

p97rTgo.jpg?1

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Yes... although to be honest, I've been so busy with 3P Transformers that I kind of forgot about GB3...

I was going to buy GB3 but I've been too busy playing Dark Souls 3 :lol: .

i'm honestly thinking about i'm getting this.

(Call of Duty whatever video)

I think they're wasting possibly a good sci-fi setting on a shallow FPS with no RPG elements. At people are going to play the campaign at least once for the story and achievements, but the multiplayer will always be the main draw. Why even try to make a compelling story?

Edited by Einherjar

i'm honestly thinking about i'm getting this.

Dark Souls III or GB3?

If the former, I have no opinion on the series. If the latter, I say go for it. I played the Japanese versions of the first two, and even without subtitles I thought they were a blast, with the second one having a lot of improvements over the first. If GB3 is as good as 2, it should be a great game. I just haven't had much time for gaming since my daughter was born.