Macross General SCOOPUDA thread

azrael

No. Cuz some member(s) seem to find stuff before the rest of us do and don't wanna translate it into something the rest of us can read.

OK, well I want to make a comment on the Takani Auctions post on the main page, but I don't want to start a whole new topic for it. I don't believe every single news item should have its own topic, and that's why this thread cannot work like the News thread in the Toys section... which is gone now for some reason! I'm sorry, I just don't get it.

Anyway, back to mini-news (again, not worth putting a whole post on the main page, but I'm sure Tochiro will upload a write-up), a reminder that Mylene Night is tonight in Shibuya. Check out the entry on the venue site:

http://www.womb.co.jp/#!/live/2012/02/02/mylene-night02.html

There's English on it -- but according to the description, Yoshiki Fukuyama is apparently just some guy "who sings one of the ending theme songs"?? The Japanese doesn't say that... :wacko:

Hey Renato... there's a thread in the models section about the auction post that Shawn made.

Yes, not every news piece will or should have a thread created, I would say most news post will be based on member's posts that have a thread already. Creating a thread simultaneously is an option though so the news author has a choice of not having to make the post twice. If a duplicate thread is accidentally created, just let any mods know to either merge or delete it.

I originally retired the Toys scoop thread because I knew about the News Site and no one was really posting on there anymore. But now that the main site has been implemented I have been thinking about reactivating it because it actually might aid in the gathering of toy news. Maybe there should be one in every major section, not sure yet.

So, to sum up so far (and remember, these are all IN-UNIVERSE proposals, not actual, real-world ones)...

Proposal #1: Galactic Divas (Minmay, Sharon Apple, Mylene, Sheryl, Ranka) holographic fashion show: REJECTED.

Proposal #2: Valkyrie history show: REJECTED.

Proposal #3: Miss Macross 29 Contest: REJECTED.

Edited by Gubaba

• 3 weeks later...

Dengeki Hobby April 2012 Macross content:

Macross the Forefront column:

- DX Chougokin VF-25S (Ozuma Rii) use Armoured Parts (renewal version): ¥8,190. Planned July release. VF-25F (Saotome Aruto) use release at the same time

- Figuarts Zero Ranka Rii: ¥4,725. Planned May release.

- DX Chougokin YF-29 Durendal Valkyrie rerelease planned for may. ¥17,850

- SDFM Complete edition

- Yamato YF-4G: included CG cutaways (believe we've already seen them all) give the impression that the designers are focused on the central body of the craft, and working out how to fit all the transformation mechanics yet retain the streamlined shape. Wings and engine nacelles look untouched (no detail).

- Yamato VF-1 series additional parts (seats, head mounts, etc., etc.)

Macross the Ride Konkuuru-deregansu model contest announcement page (repeat from previous issues)

... and the real surprise of the issue:

announcement of the 2nd Macross the Ride kit: the VF-11B Nothung II.

The 3 pages also include supplemental & reprinted character info (Chelsea Scarlett, Yuein Lau), KuWa's thoughts on building the kit, and the aircraft's explanation and spec (just glancing at the text, it looks like a reprint of the explanation, spec and thoughts from MtR: Visual Book Vol.2.)

The main difference with the VF itself is the addition of the "Sky Love" lettering and art on the outsides of the engine nacelles (decals included with the kit).

Hasegawa 1/72 scale VF-11B Nothung II "Macross the Ride": Planned release mid-March. ¥3,150.

Deeper in the magazine, in the Dengeki Recommend Guide:

Hasegawa's YF-19 eggplane gets reviewed.

Not enough information on this to post on the front page yet IMO so I'm putting it here.

Details have just emerged on a new book coming out on April 17: 'Shoji Kawamori - The Viewpoint of a Visual Creator.'

The book will be 192pages in length and include input from Tenjin, Yoko Kanno, satellite CG team, Risa Ebata, etc.

Features will include (what I presume will be an editted transcript of) a 20 hr interview with Kawamori, the origins of his ideas, his history with the medium of anime, vision for the future, etc.

Preorders are up on Amazon Japan.

• 2 weeks later...

The Macross 30th Anniversary Project site posted in March 2nd a conversation where a misterious new character talked with the planners of the event. As far as I can tell from Google translator they talked about Minmay's concert from the end of Space War I in 2012. The misterious character also mentioned that in a week some results from some contest would be announced...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Just announced minutes ago via the Macross F fanclub newsletter (er...email)… the events that are to be held for Macross 30th Anniversary are:

(1) ‘Miss Macross 30’ contest.

(2) A Macross musical

(3) Macross 30th Anniversary Exhibition – MACROSS: THE DESIGN (to be held from April 26th at Shibuya Parco)

(4) 30th Anniversary Macross Exhibition ~ Valkyrie de sasotte! (to be held from April 28)

UPDATE - This will be held in Ikebukuro and will apparently feature a 1:1 scale VF-25 Valkyrie in Gerwalk mode.

Further information in Japanese just went live at the Macross 30 website.

EDIT: Interesting timing, considering that Newtype Ace goes on sale tomorrow. I wonder if it will have any additional information ...hmmmmmm.....

Edited by Tochiro

Just announced minutes ago via the Macross F fanclub newsletter (er...email)… the events that are to be held for Macross 30th Anniversary are:

(1) ‘Miss Macross 30’ contest.

(2) A Macross musical

(3) Macross 30th Anniversary Exhibition – MACROSS: THE DESIGN (to be held from April 26th at Shibuya Parco)

(4) 30th Anniversary Macross Exhibition ~ Valkyrie de sasotte! (to be held from April 28)

UPDATE - This will be held in Ikebukuro and will apparently feature a 1:1 scale VF-25 Valkyrie in Gerwalk mode.

Further information in Japanese just went live at the Macross 30 website.

EDIT: Interesting timing, considering that Newtype Ace goes on sale tomorrow. I wonder if it will have any additional information ...hmmmmmm.....

do you mind if i crosspost this on CDX :3

do you mind if i crosspost this on CDX :3

Be my guest :-)

I like that they're doing a gerwalk. It's really a distinctively Macross thing.

(null)

Now that I've thought about it, its really the only 1:1 thing they could do indoors. Battroid would be too tall for the venue they've selected plus they would need holes in the ground for support posts (much like the 1:1 Gundam did). A Fighter Valk would just be... well nowhere near as unique or exciting. Gerwalk is unique and doesnt need as much vertical support so it is kinda the logical choice.

Have been going over the details on the Macross 30 site during the odd spare minute at work - The Shibuya exhibition (1:1 Valk is at Ikebukuro) will have cells, sketches and some sort of new collaborative artwork among other things.

And just think - these are just the events for the first half of the year! :-)

I just hope they keep the exibit somewhere like they did with the 1:1 Gundam, instead of scrapping it. I'm not going to Japan until July so I hope it's still around by then. I wonder what they did with the Space Battleship Yamato promo prop they built for the live action movie?

Edited by peter

Newtype Ace Vol.07 is out.

Content:

a Macross the First poster, featuring Max.

Macross Ace+

Playback in Divas: feat. Mireenu Jiinasu

Macross Goods Express: 2x Macross F Sayonara no Tsubasa puzzle (500 pc & 1,000 pc), Macross Warehouse 9 collector cards, 1/72 VF-11B Nothung II, Figuarts ZERO Sherly Nome statue, SDFM Blu-ray disc set, & the macross30.com homepage.

Manga:

Macross Plus TAC Name - concludes next issue

... no Macross the First...

Next month's preview is basically the same as last months. No Macross the First, either? T.T;;;

However, it does say:

"Macross 30th Anniversary Project: the latest information!

News flash on such things as the news as the events being held during Golden Week!! In addition, as a special appendix for the 30th anniversary, the "Macross File" project booklet that can be saved as a collection is scheduled to start!

http://andriasang.co...combat_macross/

Lucky to those living in Japan and playing that game, but still no word about Kawamori's custom-designed bird. Basically, it's a DLC theme skin set for the F-14 Tomcat.

Discussion starts here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=33622&view=findpost&p=962966

Edited by soul.assassin

Lucky to those living in Japan and playing that game, but still no word about Kawamori's custom-designed bird. Basically, it's a DLC theme skin set for the F-14 Tomcat.

You mean the ASF-X "Magnificent Lightning II"? That's oh so 4 months ago of you.

Ref: Dengeki Hobby 2011.12 Pgs 198-200; also has the CFA-44 Nosferatu

Great Mechanics.DX 20 is out.

Macross content:

A pair of (mostly text) interviews with Matsuzaki Kenichi and Miyabe Ichitaka.

Looks like it's mostly about the origins of Macross (ie one chart shows the combination of Megaroad (a love comedy with anime style robots) combining with the essence of Genocyders (hard SF) to form SDF:M).

Dunno if this qualifies as news, but some limited-edition MF artwork (mostly genga reproductions; A4-size, all for 6000yen apiece) to be made available at TAF2012.

http://www.satelight.co.jp/news/category/post_002234.php

62 images from the first movie, 76 images from the movie, 15 images from the TV series, and two illustrations of Sheryl & Ranka by Risa Ebata.
Edited by soul.assassin