1/60 Yamato VF-4G Web-Exclusive Toy

Graham

VF-4 Poll  

333 members have voted

1. 1. If you lived in Japan would you pre-order a VF-4?

• I would pre-order but I'm not sure I can afford it.
    • Yes I would pre-order, but I would only buy it if it was under $300 (about 24000円).
    • I would pre-order it and buy it at any price.
    • I would pre-order it just to bump the numbers, but won't actually buy it.

I was thinking earlier---I'd like the VF-4 to come with a stand. Because (as mentioned above) we almost never see it gear-down. Heck, we don't even see it in battroid that often, and almost never in GERWALK. The VF-4 is most-depicted (and thus, "in our conciousness") in fighter mode, gear-up. And that requires a display stand. :)

Hey, the SV-51 and YF-21 did.

I was thinking earlier---I'd like the VF-4 to come with a stand. Because (as mentioned above) we almost never see it gear-down. Heck, we don't even see it in battroid that often, and almost never in GERWALK. The VF-4 is most-depicted (and thus, "in our conciousness") in fighter mode, gear-up. And that requires a display stand. :)

Hey, the SV-51 and YF-21 did.

I agree, a custom VF-4 or 30th Anniversary type stand should come with it. It will make it that much more exclusive! B))

I agree, a custom VF-4 or 30th Anniversary type stand should come with it. It will make it that much more exclusive! B))

Hear hear! A stand with that 30th anniversary logo (kinda like the Fire Bomber one for the Bandai VF-19Kai) but in color would be awesome... Still I think the most important thing right now is to keep the price reasonable. I'd rather have the additional parts released separately than including everything with the box and jacking up the price.

I agree wholeheartedly for the stand as well. For me atleast, many times, the thing that really sold me on items like the SV-51, YF-21, and even 1/10 Beagle Ride Armors and Gundam Fix Figuration stuffs, was the inclusion of the stand, which really does open up a lot of ground to use the toy.

I honestly wish, regardless of price hikes, that almost all Yamato toys came at least with a basic stand.

Know what I'd love? If they could figure out some way to ditch all the goofy extra attachments their stands always require.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they could just put a few random reinforced holes on the bodies of the valks in obscure positions (under the main body, into the centers of the feet, etc), and then gave me a stand with a metal peg on the end that I can set at a variety of angles.

Know what I'd love? If they could figure out some way to ditch all the goofy extra attachments their stands always require.

I honestly wouldn't mind if they could just put a few random reinforced holes on the bodies of the valks in obscure positions (under the main body, into the centers of the feet, etc), and then gave me a stand with a metal peg on the end that I can set at a variety of angles.

That'd be great.

but then how will Yamato continue to jack us with their overpriced, wtf-designed, always-oos yammie-stands then? :p

Bandai made a display stand that allow user to put a postcard or any print out to the base frame, I think this is also good for displaying Valk, you can put sky, space or whatever background you like to it.

Example (please ignore the Gundam :p ):

Photo%2016-1-12%2011%2053%2047.jpg

Edited by Swoosh

Howaboutno.jpg

Especially to having holes in the feet thrusters.

-Kyp

I want lights and sound effects! Look how AWESOME the TF leaderclass Starscream and Jetfire look, particularly in jet modes!

Kidding :p

Chris

Edited by Dobber

If this is going to be released in 2012 then I hope we will see some prototype shots soon.

But that may be wishful thinking.

Probably first a blurry silhouette with illegible japanese writing,

then some CAD drawings of a small fraction of it,

then a full CAD drawing that we will all hate,

then an unpainted prototype that will get several people to swear never to buy yamato again,

then painted prototype photos that will make us all clamor for the pre-order that will sell out within a week.

Months later it will be on sale at HLJ for 35% off and everyone will need triples (one for each mode).

If this is going to be released in 2012 then I hope we will see some prototype shots soon.

But that may be wishful thinking.

Probably first a blurry silhouette with illegible japanese writing,

then some CAD drawings of a small fraction of it,

then a full CAD drawing that we will all hate,

then an unpainted prototype that will get several people to swear never to buy yamato again,

then painted prototype photos that will make us all clamor for the pre-order that will sell out within a week.

Months later it will be on sale at HLJ for 35% off and everyone will need triples (one for each mode).

That sounds about right, although you left out the part where someone will post the pic of a Panic Button!! :p

That sounds about right, although you left out the part where someone will post the pic of a Panic Button!! :p

Also, there was nothing about childhoods being raped or the shade of red the UN Spacy logo should be in or the waves of people proclaiming that it sucks and will disintegrate shoulders as soon as you touch it, even though it doesn't even exist yet.

And then Jenius will rate it 4x/50. :lol::p

Also, there was nothing about childhoods being raped or the shade of red the UN Spacy logo should be in or the waves of people proclaiming that it sucks and will disintegrate shoulders as soon as you touch it, even though it doesn't even exist yet.

And then Jenius will rate it 4x/50. :lol::p

Well the was concerns on whether the thing would actually fly in real life. That almost set off the panic button.

Hmmn, I don't see any landing gear doors----they should be "important" enough to show up in even a basic CAD drawing.

Graham--is Yamato aware of how the VF-4's ventral fins can pivot up for ground clearance in fighter mode? (they should be, it's clearly indicated in SK's drawings and it's not the only valk that does it---notably the Sv-51 as well) I sorta see something like that in the drawing, but it almost looks backwards from how it should be.