Vf-s1 Project

wongster

hmmm the VF is in a mess and not in any shape to be shared lol... only I know how to work my way around the source files for it bcuz its sooo disorganized lol. Anywho, not likely to be sharing the valkerie anytime soon. It is likely that i will make the reguld available in .lwo format once I finish modelling it because i'm not sure whether i want to rig it or not... that presents its own challenges away from the valkarie.

Do check back to the thread, i should be finished in the next 3 weeks or so... but no guarantees since school is starting soon :(

Also! some renders

some smoothing errors in the images when i mirrored the leg... gotta fix that. From the reguld's perspective, i modelled the left leg and then mirrored it to create the right one... but lightwave merged some of the extra points when i mirrored it over... didn't think it would do that. meh will have it fixed and part of the body done next update...

huh, i liked it better before i coloured it... what do you guys think?

post-2815-1187766529_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1187766532_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1187766538_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1187766541_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

• 3 weeks later...

haven't had that much time to work on the project... i've run into a few bugs with the body

top left...

smoothing between body and bottom of the body is a little rough... sub patching not working out so great so i will have to fix that

top right...

don't know whats going on with the bottom of the body where theres kinda a peak... its a lil messed up and i'm trying to get my bearings in terms of what it actually looks like so i can fix it

bottom right...

full view of the body in progress.

may decide to remodel this part from scratch since its giving me some issues... i didn't plan it out that well when i started to spline model it

any suggestions on how to fix the geometry would be helpful.

post-2815-1189322177_thumb.jpg

We have faith in you , trust me when I say it will take a few more tries .......

This is one of the most difficult shapes in the Macross , u think the main shape is difficult ..... look at that bump on the side of the main body , good luck , that took me days and day and many redos

It's been months since I even touched mine, but I had to rework it 7-8 times before it started to look and feel 'right' from the various angles. I can tell you one big thing though. Lower the amount of geometry that you are currently working with because your just making more work for yourself than needed. Also something that I found useful was to place a cylinder placeholder where the side thrusters are because it'll give you a much needed reference point mainly due to the shoulder area being the key issue for getting the body to look good.

The side view looks pretty solid though the frontal top needs more slope.

*i may have to break this model out again.....*

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

hey, been a long time guys. I'm gonna get back to working on my regult soon.

heres some low poly alpha fighter i found on my computer. Not sure where it came from lol.

check out my site if you haven't seen the ANIMATED transforming VF-1S

(it transforms when you click the links)

http://www.aeven.net

post-2815-1231534096_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster