SV-51r Nora Type

Mechleader

Okay then, not ugly.....idea02.thumb.gif.....how about eccentric looking?

However, ugly isn't necessarily bad. A-10 pilots and crews consider their birds ugly, but it's a cool ugly. And I'm sure they're even uglier to any joker on the receiving end of that massive gatling cannon.lol.gif

I THINK THAT THE FIGHTER DESIGNS in Zero are refreshing deviation from the norm, in all modes, i actually like their "ugly" looks this one in particular is almost. they feel as if the designer of the planes didn't actually cared much about the final look of the fighter, as was more worried about it working in its own fugly way.

I agree, the ugliness of the macross zero is what makes me love them.

'specially the SV-51... it really does look like a cobbled together hybrid of overtech and modern tech.

Mean, completely uncute and supremely functional.

Though... that paint scheme is murder on the eyes though.

I agree, the ugliness of the macross zero is what makes me love them.

'specially the SV-51... it really does look like a cobbled together hybrid of overtech and modern tech.

Mean, completely uncute and supremely functional.

I agree. It really looks like a first generation variable fighter. Like it just barely made it past the concept stage, but there is still a lot to figure out. I think it adds a certain element of realism to the story.

Edited by Mule

I wonder will they ever show the SV-51's undercarriage now that Hasegawa came up with the model.

Why did they include weapons for this kit and not with the VF-0S ? :huh:

Overall it looks like they spent a lot more time and effort on this model than the VF-0 version for some reason.

hmmmmmmmmmm....

...that...

..looks..

....awesome...........!! :blink:

damn, thats gonna make me dust off my airbrush and bring it outta its short retirement......... thats just too cewl to ignore.... :)

Sam

and the colour i actually like for something different....

dare i say 'sick of the same colours'

so this is nice in its 'difference'

mytwocents :)

Sam

Does anyone have the software and skills to try changing the color on the model? I don't have Photoshop on my work computer and I'd love to see the SV-51 with base color in Blue Angels blue or low-viz grey...

not the skills but i have the software.

post-3-1079830178_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have the software and skills to try changing the color on the model? I don't have Photoshop on my work computer and I'd love to see the SV-51 with base color in Blue Angels blue or low-viz grey...

grey color

post-3-1079845242_thumb.jpg

mk16, I just got done trying my hand at recoloring the model--and my results are similar to yours, but not quite as good! Thanks again!

I also tried a low-viz version, with considerably less success. I think all the stripes need to go, or be turned into a dark grey--I tried making them white and it looked like crap.

Edit: Thanks for the grey one, RTHK

Edited by ewilen

Thank you for the comments guys :D

Well what i did is a pretty simple procedure guys. Photoshop makes this really easy. just make a new layer and change to opacity to "color". Then pick a brush ( I recommend a small paintbrush 100% opacity) and the color you want to change to and start painting. I recommend you make a new layer with the same options for each new color. Once you're done coloring you can use the color balance tool(Ctrl+B) to tweak the colors on each layer.

Since the picture already has all the material surface information you don't have to worry about highlights, shadows or luminosity, but you can still stweak the information which is in the picture...hmm i guess thats were professionals take over.

:huh: Completed?!? Jeez, now I can really feel lazy when I look at my stack of unbuilt models. Those modelers work fast don't they? Thanks for the pics Graham! :)

What you have to remember is that Hasegawa probably gives kits to those Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby in-house model builders a few weeks before the general release.

Actually, they probably get them even earlier given the long lead times involved in magazine publishing.

Graham

:huh:  Completed?!?  Jeez, now I can really feel lazy when I look at my stack of unbuilt models.  Those modelers work fast don't they?  Thanks for the pics Graham!  :)

What you have to remember is that Hasegawa probably gives kits to those Hobby Japan & Dengeki Hobby in-house model builders a few weeks before the general release.

Actually, they probably get them even earlier given the long lead times involved in magazine publishing.

Graham

Good point Graham. Much like other hobby magazines (Fine Scale Modeler for example) I am sure they do indeed recieve the kit to review and build before it is available for sale to the general public.

That said, even if they got the kit an entire year in advance , their model building rate would still be much higher than mine... :p