1/20,000 Zentradi Fleet Models

Benson13

So the last three weeks I've been stuck in a hotel room meditating on the lint in my belly button and building models. I haven't applied the decals yet but I'll do that once I finally get home. I'll also be panel lining them a little more and once that's done I'll apply the clear coats to get rid of the glossy finish.

2012-05-15_20-39-27_992.jpg

2012-05-15_20-40-47_460.jpg

Three of the kits went together pretty easy and then there was the Queadol-Magdomilla. That one didn't want to fit together one bit.

Does anyone know if these are the only enemy ships that were produced or if there are any more?

Edited by Benson13

Awesome models Benson. Those are the only 4 kits I have ever seen. Not sure if any Meltrandi ships were ever produced as plastic kits... resin if anything.

I used to have these years ago but when I lived in LA I moved around alot and sadly something things had to go, models like these were on the list. Plus many others (B-17's-24's, 25's and a B-29 1/48 scale to name a few)

The ships look great. I remember seeing one of the three man scout ships put out by nichimo or big west but i think it was a 1/500 scale model.

I got my eye on that one. I saw one on evilbay but I'm not ready to buy yet. Anyone know if there is a Gnerl model?

I think I'm gonna scratch build a head for the SDF-1. It just looks damn retarded otherwise.

Did you hand brush those, or do you have an airbrush and compressor in your hotel room?

And why have you been stuck there for 3 weeks??

Sweet. I'm definitely interested in these kits now, having seen that fleet.

Years ago I decided not to get them when spotted at Mandarake as - well, early '80s kits have really cool box art, but less than spectacular kits inside. Now, thanks to you, I know that I must make my own fleet!

Question: did the stands come with the kits?

Sweet. I'm definitely interested in these kits now, having seen that fleet.

Years ago I decided not to get them when spotted at Mandarake as - well, early '80s kits have really cool box art, but less than spectacular kits inside. Now, thanks to you, I know that I must make my own fleet!

Question: did the stands come with the kits?

Yes they did. Some have small 3 inch figures randomly inserted and an SDF-1. There are two types of stands in the box one so you can display just the ship and another so you can display the ship and SDF-1 or nameplate.

If anyone wants to know what colors I used or wants to see the figures let me know and I'll take pics.

Edited by Benson13

Did you hand brush those, or do you have an airbrush and compressor in your hotel room?

And why have you been stuck there for 3 weeks??

I used Tamiya spray paint. I'd walk outside with some newspaper and the piece that I needed to paint, hose it down, pick it up and let it dry in my room. I got some looks but whatever, I was entertained. I've been out ot town for work. Since it was such a long period of time I decided to bring something constructive to do.

Edited by Benson13

Looks good!!! There was a Gnerl resin kit made by I believe the "Cap'n" here on the forums years ago. There are pics somewhere around....The only other kits are the resin scout ship..which comes in two scales..both are for sale over at Starship Modeler. And then there is the PICKLE! (as my gf lovingly named it)..a resin kit made by a guy in Australia. Don't know if he still makes it or not. His company is called Scale Solutions. He has a website. Nice guy, name's Wayne.

post-11393-0-75885000-1337206806_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-56941400-1337206941_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-57473800-1337207024_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-23005100-1337207146_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-18530200-1337207229_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-99334300-1337207250_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Looks good!!! There was a Gnerl resin kit made by I believe the "Cap'n" here on the forums years ago. There are pics somewhere around....The only other kits are the resin scout ship..which comes in two scales..both are for sale over at Starship Modeler. And then there is the PICKLE! (as my gf lovingly named it)..a resin kit made by a guy in Australia. Don't know if he still makes it or not. His company is called Scale Solutions. He has a website. Nice guy, name's Wayne.

I've never wanted a pickle more in my life...

I saw the Gnerl and that thing is just to damn huge. If it was the size of the fan racer then I'd be all over it but the Capt's is bigger than an NFL football.

The pickle is awesome and I want one to build up and put in my collection. Was it a difficult build?

It's only 5 or 6 pieces. A noob like myself could tackle it. It's all about the paint on that one.

"don't get cocky"...as Han Solo would say....It's not a hard kit...EXCEPT the part of getting the two halves together. You have to use epoxy and as the pieces are tapered, it AINT easy...just a fair warning...I snapped about the front inch and half of the nose OFF while trying to get it together for the epoxy to set. Just FYI....and I hope you like sanding and puttying. LOL.

The pickle is sometimes available on eBay time to time. Sadly I have one and have yet to put it together. I really want more enemy ships.lmk I want to be on that list.

Btw benson cool builds. I don't have the time and patience for the but for the looks of it they look awesome to me.

The pickle is sometimes available on eBay time to time. Sadly I have one and have yet to put it together. I really want more enemy ships.lmk I want to be on that list.

Btw benson cool builds. I don't have the time and patience for the but for the looks of it they look awesome to me.

Thanks Kicker. I had a lot of time to myself being out of town for 3 weeks. I had them done in about 2 though they still need a little work. I took Derex's advice and bought another model to practice putting on waterslide decals on. These models aren't cheap so I don't want to screw them up. I did manage to get them all for half the typical evilbay price so that makes me feel better.

Derex, is the material that the pickle is built out of the kind you can boil for 20 or so seconds making it a lot more managable?

Edited by Benson13

I read on another thread that while building the Gnerl he boiled it to make it line up right. I'll link it to this thread later. I found it by searching Gnerl on this site.

Well it is a nice model but at $163 I am almost tempted to take a stab at a scratch build first.

Most of it seems to be shipping since it's coming from the English penal colony.