Anyone purchase 3 sets of same Valkyries?

potatotomato

I used to have a "no duplicate paint schemes" rule for myself, but I caved eventually and got both a DYRL Hikaru 1A and 1S. Then I grabbed four Roys (two DYRL, one TV, and one Arcadia).. and it snowballed from there. :lol: All in all, I might have 30 of the darn things now.

I have to make special mention of the VF-19s though.. I've bought multiples of each of them, because I intend to do a couple of customization jobs, and if you count the Arcadia YF-19, I think I have a solid dozen of that mold. :lol:

As far as the space though.. yes, the boxes are the biggest issue. You could easily pack 4 1/60th VF-1s in the space of a single Yamato box, and I might take to doing that at some point, collapsing down the others, and stacking the trays into a single box. Sadly, that doesn't work for the Bandai releases, because of the styrofoam trays.

I used to have a "no duplicate paint schemes" rule for myself, but I caved eventually and got both a DYRL Hikaru 1A and 1S. Then I grabbed four Roys (two DYRL, one TV, and one Arcadia).. and it snowballed from there. :lol: All in all, I might have 30 of the darn things now.

Me too, I had my one Hikaru 1A and didn't want any other VF-1's. That was good enough. And then the subsequent Max releases blew that out of the water. Sure I want his 1S, at least it's a different head. Oh, but I like his original 1A scheme from SDFM. Another 1A isn't a problem. And then two months later. Oh, Max's 1J... but I need to match it with Milias 1J, at least they're different head sculpts. And boy does that Elint Seeker cool.... and it's different And by that point it really didn't matter. Different paint schemes were good enough.

Me too, I had my one Hikaru 1A and didn't want any other VF-1's. That was good enough. And then the subsequent Max releases blew that out of the water. Sure I want his 1S, at least it's a different head. Oh, but I like his original 1A scheme from SDFM. Another 1A isn't a problem. And then two months later. Oh, Max's 1J... but I need to match it with Milias 1J, at least they're different head sculpts. And boy does that Elint Seeker cool.... and it's different And by that point it really didn't matter. Different paint schemes were good enough.

Lol that's probably very similar for all of us here! I dub the Hikaru 1A and the Roy 1S as the gateway valks! XD