Macross König Monster Renewal ***

cinello

Already got the SP version but after looking at the pics a bit more, even though the color and nose art are really the only difference I can see, I think I'm down. Count me in for one. I could use a second one anyway :)

Edit: Yay 2000 posts. That's a record for me on any forum...been tired of eatin all them pineapples B))

Edited by xrentonx

Kind of on the fence about this one, I hope there are improvements of some sorts. I already have the older SP version and all the Side <VF> toys to go with it including a completed pixie squad. I don't know how another one will fit in to my collection. I will wait until we learn more about it.

I really don't understand you guys sometimes....

Justifying a new Macross purchase is so simple :D

One for fighter, one for battroid!

B)) B))

Hey, you have to be a fan of the design.

There are a few releases that I've gladly passed on and not looked back in regret, this Monster will join those ranks along with the last one from Bandai and the one from Yamato. :p

-b.

I really don't understand you guys sometimes....

Justifying a new Macross purchase is so simple :D

One for fighter, one for battroid!

B)) B))

I love my Valks in GERWALK too :(

btw can someone point me to the thread for the previous release of this? Want to read up on it.

K monster re-colour in Nov, maybe hints for VF 25S armored movie version in Dec?

And actually this darker green goes back to the Yamato's colour scheme :)

This board is so going down when the VF-25S is about to release for PO (asuming that it does).

All these people getting one is making me want one :X

Funny how that works... ^_^

I'm tempted too, but the pinnup nose art kind of puts me off; I'd much rather get a version with the eyes over the shark's mouth, to be honest. And what's with 3760 JPY mark-up over the previous SP release? Also, will this be a true renewal (reengineered) release, a half-assed tweak like the VF-27 1.5, or the exact same old toy molded in slightly darker plastic and unique decoration as some have mentioned?

Edited by mechaninac

Still got the two originals. They were solid so I think this to be a rerelease not a renewal. There's nothing in that scan to indicate a change in scale, nor improvements to the mold. Darker colour is welcome, but it's more of Bandai keeping interest before the new series.