Whats your 1 wish for Arcadia

Faisaijin

I'd take a Battle 7 as well but considering they won't even make an SDFM version of the SDF-1 and how many shelf warmer Quarters there were I don't think capital ships sell at all. I even want cap ships that don't transform, like an Uraga or something.

That's true. Although to be fair, the Quarter has a stupid looking carrier mode and storm attacker mode is the only decent form it has. Not to mention it was floppy. The color didn't please many people either.

I would love a Uraga and even a Guantanamo or two in 1/3000 scale to put next to my SDF-1.

That's true. Although to be fair, the Quarter has a stupid looking carrier mode and storm attacker mode is the only decent form it has. Not to mention it was floppy. The color didn't please many people either.

I would love a Uraga and even a Guantanamo or two in 1/3000 scale to put next to my SDF-1.

IMO the Quarter looks stupid all around.

I'm not a big fan of the Guantanamo but I'd take a few Northamptons. Honestly it would be nice any they made any of the other caps though.

The Octos from Macross Zero:

tumblr_lwmk49ZKMb1qlbf9no1_500.jpg

-Roy's VF-0 but with the reactive armor this time

-Redo VF-11c but with Full Armor (my fave looking cannon fodder in mac 7) Make sure the arm joint is REAL GOOD to hold that massive gunpod. lol

-revisit VB-6 Konig Monster (this time make sure the locking nubs are super strong, everything locks together so the cannon barrels don't flop around freely, and tampo print the eyeballs! Add clicky joints for better poses)

-Variable Glaug

-1/48 VF-1 version 2! (make this superior to the 1/60 in ALL modes. Although the 1/60 is "balanced" the old 1/48 still look a bit better in fighter mode imo)

The last one can be when they have pretty much nothing left to do. lol When they release it, make sure the robot is designed with the GBP armor from the start though. Bring back the gunstrap! We never got 2-seater variants of the 1/48. With all the money they make from 1/60, this line can be for those who just want 1 particular high detail model to display. (which replaces the old 1/48)

1/48 will probably take up more space but look better up close. Maybe they could try to add superposable features to rival a revoltech toy but in big form?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Ok but you know what?

What is a 1/60 vf-0?

It's just a big updated vf-1 with more curves. LOL (the phoenix is bigger than a valkyrie)

If they are going to do mac 0 toys at 1/60.....how much harder would it be to do vf-1 at 1/48? Wasn't zero less popular than sdfm? They just got to be careful at how much they produce and only go for popular characters. ie Max Mila Roy Hikaru. Include a stand this time and make these "webstore only" toys for the rich guy who can preorder in advance so they don't over produce.

Uh skinny girl arms, tiny little hands, shoulders that hang too low in fighter mode, GBP that looks nothing like the one in the anime with a huge chest that sticks out too far forward, posability that is not as good as a 1/60 v2, lack of two seater variants in that scale, FAST packs that are too heavy and add weight to the toy for no practical reason where plastic is fine, feet thrusters that look fake because when they split apart in robot mode the circular thing underneath also splits apart making it look super fake, the chest looks too wide in robot mode, the seat doesn't rotate upwards for robot mode, the panel lines are thick, certain details should be tampo printed (like the cockpit), the fact that 1/48 is not as easy to find anymore for the new collectors who just started to buy macross toys, and last but not least...the valk was never packed with side parts. So important for covering up the sides of the robot mode.

The one thing 1/48 has over 1/60 v2 is how the fast packs attach.

But the 1/60 v2 has gimmicks like being allowed to remove the nose so you can attach it to the arm of the robot.

If they do a v2 1/48 you might get a better fighter mode without the robot mode looking weird. Combining the strengths of the 1/60 v2 (better robot mode than 1/48) with the strengths of the 1/48 (better fighter mode).but none of the weaknesses of either of them. The 1/48 VF-1 shouldn't be much different in size to a 1/60 VF-0. Maybe something for them to do years later after all the other stuff is considered.

Guest davidwhangchoi

1/60 VF-1 V3 or 1/48 VF-1 V2! Although I did hear that they ruled out a 1/48 V2 because it would require too many parts and the molds would be supah expensive.

i wouldn't want a v3 1/60, it would make the 30th anniversary pre-order a waste.

I would be happy with just a few reissues of the actual in show and movie VF-1 valks. Maybe then I wouldn't have to pay such outrageous prices.

Other than that 1/60 scale monster mk. II (So I could use it like a teddy bear at night).

and I definitely agree with getting some Spartans and Phalanx toys, but as much as I love Destroids...

I'd give them up for at least one damn Regult in 1/60.

The one thing 1/48 has over 1/60 v2 is how the fast packs attach.

But the 1/60 v2 has gimmicks like being allowed to remove the nose so you can attach it to the arm of the robot.

I still don't get why they changed the FAST pack booster mounting---the 1/48's looked a *lot* better, seems more secure, and is straighter. It's my biggest complaint with the 1/60. It's overall a better toy than the 1/48, but one of the few ways it's worse is one of the things they shouldn't have changed. After the 1/55, the v.2 has the worst-looking FAST pack attachments--because they are, like the 1/55, big external mounts that never appeared on-screen or in the drawings, and are big non-canon additions that are NOT needed, since most toys do just fine attaching the boosters directly to the backpack.

As for the removable nose---pointless, and a negative---often gets a bit mis-aligned etc, and most valks never did it on-screen. It's not nearly as bad as the YF-21's limbs, but it's another "chops a major part of the valk in half and introduces joint/alignment/transformation issues, to replicate something that happened briefly and most toy owners will do once and never again"

And here I thought there was something inherently wrong with my TV 1S or the TV FP's that I bought for it. The FP boosters just never seem to sit straight when it's placed on the valk and for the longest time I was under the impression that I may have gotten a lemon or something. Thanks for chiming in guys and for giving this guy a peace of mind.

I'm pretty sure the 1/60 V2 Super Parts attachments were modified from the 1/48 attachment method because of durability issues with the 1/48. Several BP9s were broken and I'm guessing someone at Yamato felt it was because of how the super parts attached that was causing the issue and that those issues would be worse in 1/60 scale. So they added that big wrap around part to reduce a person's ability to put strain on the backpack while installing and removing super parts. I think that the problem with the 1/48s wasn't so much the super parts but was rather the little triangle that should be recessed in battroid mode. If you installed super parts you probably used the clip to keep the backpack up, and if you used that clip it became very important you recessed that triangle on the back. People forgetting to do so would create huge strain on the backpack and the BP9 would snap. This is how I broke one of mine at least.

I also agree that the removable nose gimmick isn't something I would want to pay more for in the future. I would rather Arcadia figure out a way to make the heatshield part of the fuselage and use an anime accurate transformation so we could get a rotating waist and a point of articulation where the chest meets the fuselage (so you could jut the crotch forward a little.

Whether or not you liked the Macross Quarter design, it was a really crappy toy.

It's the only Macross purchase I regret making. Well, that and those VHS copies of Macross II back in the 90s. :p

Even my cat expressed his disapproval by biting off one of the tower antennae.

I would like to have a new/new mold of

1) VF-0D

2) YF-21 with non floppy wings, no gaps and landing gear that lock into place

3) SV-51 line with stiff joints and non-floppy shoulders/arms and have the rudders lock into position so that it doesnt look like some kind of crazy wing-knife thingy when it flops down over the hands

twich

Yeah, Zero hasn't even been translated into english and it isn't a big property. Hope they do the Spartan looking armor upgrade too.

And maybe a redesign on the bad guy valks.

Actually, my one real wish is that they would grab up the Votoms line and resurrect it.. but that's a long shot. It is the 30th anniversary this year so I'm sure other kits and toys will pop up.

But I'd love to see a redesigned 1/12 line focused more on being a high end toy. Better deco, paint, and gimmicks. Maybe even shrink it down to 1/18 to bring it into line with a 1/60 scale.

Who knows.

Edited by Gakken85

I asked about Votoms a while ago and the outlook was definitely not good. I was hoping they'd redesign the arms and then give us a heavily tampo printed 30th anniversary special but I suspect that was one of those molds that Arcadia didn't purchase off Yamato.

I suppose Takara and Yamato had both made some profit out of Votoms a few years ago with their 1/48 and 1/12 toys, However, Bandai seems to have got burn for their 1/20 model line.

The franchaise is kind of dead at the moment, except a few garage kit here and there. As much as I like it (I was lucky to have aquited nine 1/12 dogs and various option sets, most of them at very reasonable price :) ), I am not optimistic about it being revitalised

Edited by alchemo

I think yamato/arcadia should do Mospeada way more than VOTOMs.

Yeah it might not make much money but they can make it a preorder web exclusive like the vf-4 project.

Who here would not buy a Legios with TREAD toy? You guys would be insane.

I think all the guys on robotech.com would go crazy for that. lol

Robotech was popular and represents a huge opportunity for yamato in the west despite maybe not being so great in japan. These are guys who would be in their 30s and have enough income to afford a high priced toy and depending on how cheap arcadia could do all the variants without much problem since they all look the same.

Even though this is a macross board and everyone hates robotech you have to admit if yamato/arcadia were to make a really good Legious w/TREAD they would be the only game in town and could have this market all to themselves while they wait for bandai to get tired of macross frontier.

For any unsold stock they can have robotech.com store buy it up, rebadge it as robotech toys, and sell as masterpiece collections. Yeah I know: it helps the enemy and all that. But this lowers some of the risk too.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.