New Macross 1/1 DYRL helmets

Jasonc

Finally got my replacement parts, but im having trouble putting this thing back together. Is anyone else having problems screwing in the chin piece? The screw just doesnt catch for some reason, probably because these pieces dont't line up very well.

Finally got my replacement parts, but im having trouble putting this thing back together. Is anyone else having problems screwing in the chin piece? The screw just doesnt catch for some reason, probably because these pieces dont't line up very well.

I took mine apart and had a lot of trouble as well. Kept trying switching which side to start on, swapping screws between the sides. Finally I took it all apart again and was really careful putting the visor on perfectly, then it all seemed to screw together a bit easier. But I do agree it's hard fro that screen to catch if things aren't line up perfect.

Edited by akteon

I'm still waiting on my replacement parts. Every time I ask about them, they keep asking me what my address is. I give it to them, then I hear nothing. I was hoping to order a couple more, but not with this sort of service.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, this went for a lot more than I expected...

$_12.JPG

Masei Macross helmet with Focker TV paint scheme

Despite being canonically incorrect, I liked the paint style and was going to bid to have a second helmet, but the price got out of hand in my opinion.

Did anyone get their replacement parts?

Masei pretty much just ignores every email or attempt to contact them.

still waiting for mine as well... :angry: .they keep apologizing stating that the factory got it wrong with the replacement and they waiting for the next batch now...

I'd post pics of them, but I'm still waiting for them to send my damn parts they promised to send me a long time ago. So far, they keep saying a couple weeks, and they've said that a few times now.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so it appears I've been screwed over by Masei helmets. They never sent the repair parts for my helmet, and kept extending the time. Now, they will not respond to my emails. Kinda sucks, cause I had a specific use for it, but yeah, guess between the botched first shipping, the double accounts here, the fluffed advertising they've done, and now deciding to not be people of their word, I'm starting to regret buying it. I'd rather not give business to a company that can't follow their word. I know there are a few others who feel the same. It's just sad. Well, that's my rant. I just pulled a few potential buyers from them, so I guess it all balances out in the end. I'll probably continue to sway a few more in the coming days, so that's that. If there's any revisions, I'll respond later. Anyways, that's my rant.

OK, so it appears I've been screwed over by Masei helmets. They never sent the repair parts for my helmet, and kept extending the time. Now, they will not respond to my emails. Kinda sucks, cause I had a specific use for it, but yeah, guess between the botched first shipping, the double accounts here, the fluffed advertising they've done, and now deciding to not be people of their word, I'm starting to regret buying it. I'd rather not give business to a company that can't follow their word. I know there are a few others who feel the same. It's just sad. Well, that's my rant. I just pulled a few potential buyers from them, so I guess it all balances out in the end. I'll probably continue to sway a few more in the coming days, so that's that. If there's any revisions, I'll respond later. Anyways, that's my rant.

Same here, hey stop answering my e-mails, i filed a paypal complain but they somehow wanted me to return the "incomplete item" with proof of delivery and the complained expired.

They promised me a blue max helmet and a replacement visor, I only got the blue max helmet at least.

Same here, hey stop answering my e-mails, i filed a paypal complain but they somehow wanted me to return the "incomplete item" with proof of delivery and the complained expired.

They promised me a blue max helmet and a replacement visor, I only got the blue max helmet at least.

YEah in the same boat as well.... still waiting for a visor ...but i just gave up on that now as my one was not that bad...just a little crack .... also took that deal and got a max helmet as well...at least that arrive in good condition....

Edited by lancalot

I was actually kinda bummed out, cause I was going to buy a few other helmets, not Macross related, but with this type of service, and not being able to follow on their word (which should mean everything), I'm going to pass on the other few. It ends up being their loss, and while I still hope it's just some thing where they're busy (shipping everyone's stuff out), I'll probably stay away from any of their product. It does make me wonder if they were actually going to send this stuff, since they kept trying to sell me on getting the bubble face shield and all that. I hate to say it, but I think they would've taken that money and ran with it.

just chiming in to vouch that i did receive my replacement parts about a month ago. everything came except a replacement hose connector piece on the back of the helmet, but i see how that would be hard to replace. Sorry to hear about the others not getting their parts. Keep emailing them!

I didn't get my replacement parts either. Instead I got 2 extra helmets for price of one. :lol:

Their disorganization worked in my favor. I like their product but they are a perfect example of a shady flake.

They got a ton of shill eBay accounts. If you want a new helmet snipe it.

OK, so I FINALLY got a reply with a tracking number, and so, the wait begins to see what will arrive. I asked for mine with the decals and the top visor non painted, so we'll see how it comes out. If all is well, I can retract my issues. I have no clue why it took so long, but in any case, I hope the rest of you guys get your stuff resolved is there is anything to resolve. I'll have a detail of things when they arrive.

wow something unexpected happen....a reflective face shield arrived today.....!!!!????? not the part i wanted...i need a red hood visor cause that the cracked one..... but on the package it described as a helmet visor .... so they gotten it wrong again....but i just have given up now anyways.... at least i got a reflective face shield now...

OK, got the parts, now just waiting on the decals (I ordered mine raw so that I can paint the black sections and clean it right. Hope they don't forget about those.

OK, got the parts, now just waiting on the decals (I ordered mine raw so that I can paint the black sections and clean it right. Hope they don't forget about those.

Finally a happy ending about your long wait on the parts, sounds like they arrived safely. Look forward to seeing your custom Helmet! B))

Finally a happy ending about your long wait on the parts, sounds like they arrived safely. Look forward to seeing your custom Helmet! B))

Thanks, although, I'm still waiting on the decals so that I can apply the graphics properly and in the right locations. I have another bubble visor coming soon, so I'll do some work on that. Hopefully, with not as much trouble as before. I'm still a little wary on getting all the parts. I do need the decals that were part of the helmet. I'll be a happy customer again once those come in.

wow something unexpected happen....a reflective face shield arrived today.....!!!!????? not the part i wanted...i need a red hood visor cause that the cracked one..... but on the package it described as a helmet visor .... so they gotten it wrong again....but i just have given up now anyways.... at least i got a reflective face shield now...

Did yours come without the snaps?

I assume from looking online they can be purchased:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C22UOeiW5y0

I give up also...

ILdEXlV.jpg

Edited by oshanmacross

yeah i didn't even bother testing it on so i didn't notice that !! fuken dik!!!! no snap on my either.... there you go another piece of junk , they can't even get that right!

that a cool link thanks.... very usefully ....

Edited by lancalot