Another Century's Episode 3

CF18

The opening title song for this game is called "Shinku" (roughly translated to "bright red") and was performed by Shimatani Hitomi, an up and coming singer in Japan. It's quite catchy. The CD single is supposed to come out on September 5th in Japan and I am hoping I can see it soon here in Hong Kong as well.

The opening title song for this game is called "Shinku" (roughly translated to "bright red") and was performed by Shimatani Hitomi, an up and coming singer in Japan. It's quite catchy. The CD single is supposed to come out on September 5th in Japan and I am hoping I can see it soon here in Hong Kong as well.
Yep and you left out she is doing the end game song Ai no Uta also. as for up and coming I think she is past that as she has had a few acting roles and has been a singer since 1999 when she released an Enka album when she finished high school (she got a contract though while still in school) her music has also been used in animes such as Inuyasha as an opening theme.

Yep and you left out she is doing the end game song Ai no Uta also. as for up and coming I think she is past that as she has had a few acting roles and has been a singer since 1999 when she released an Enka album when she finished high school (she got a contract though while still in school) her music has also been used in animes such as Inuyasha as an opening theme.

So true. I was able to get a music file of this song from a friend of mine (don't ask me how he got it) and have been listening to it all day. I will definitely get the CD when it comes out.

I guess you're right but compared to the "top" singers such as Utada Hikaru, Nakashima Mika or Hamasaki Ayumi, she still falls short although clearly she is getting more "promo", having signed with Burning Production. Her track record certainly is impressive since she came out on top in a talent finding audition beating 200,000 to 1 odds.

You know I picked up the first A.C.E, thought it was so-so, and then picked up the second A.C.E, but didn't get around to it until just this week (just finished the atmospheric re-entry mission where Altron's the boss). I'm really enjoying it. I'm hoping to get through it quickly since I've got the new Tiger Woods, Dynasty Warriors Gundam, and Metroid Prime 3 to be playing, but I'm definitely going to get A.C.E 3 when it hits.

Sharing time.

I asked my mate for something simple for a wallpaper.

This is what he came up with in two minutes, and he is working on something better.

The dimensions fit my tablet 1440 x 900. post-466-1188399967_thumb.jpg

I know it's a little late but here's a good site to get the game.

Here

I've bought from them before. Great customer service and very fast shipping.

Yeah just a little late as I all ready got two of the game on order. One that will come with the ACE Library and Game that with shipping will cost me 93.00 and one that will cost me 65.00 with shipping that doesnt come with the bonus ACE Library (they just told me they dont get the bonus after I have had it on order for months now and was told before I ordred it that it did come with the item and now they say it doesnt and I cant cancel the preorder gee thanks :angry: ). If you can find it as I can't on the site you listed what is their shipping cost?

Edit: Never mind just noticed it listed in yen amounts based on weight.

In case you guys want to know the company that lied to me was yesasia.com I aked them if it came with the item and was told it did so then I ordered the item. Then recently I noticed sites that sold the game on average were 10.00 higher on the game price and mentioned that it came with ACE Library and that was why it was more expensive as they had to order it in advanced. So I contacted yesasia again and now they say it doesnt come with the bonus which is why they are 10.00 cheaper than other sites and that I couldnt cancel the order though I was lied to but they would forward my inquiry would be "forwarded to the relevant product executive for further follow up." That was 5 days ago with no more replies from them and they are ignoring my further contacts to them.

Edited by Sorata

Here ya go.

EMS rate

Airmail Rate

I have to apologize, the Airmail rate is in Japanese only and its from Japan Post's website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, its no problem for me to convert the currency.

Edit: Ok new update from yesasia, finally emailed me again saying sorry for not emailing sooner (I had to email them today that they arent replying to me) but that though the game doesnt come with a bonus gift it does come with a bonus gift and the bonus gift will come in a first-come first-serve basis as the game producers make the gift in an unknown quantity :wacko: They also said that just for my particular order they will email me before it ships as to if I get the bonus gift that they dont give even though if it doesnt have the bonus gift they dont have and that I still cant cancel my order either way. Engrish Please.

Edited by Sorata

It's out? Damn, the past two weeks have flown by! I didn't even finish the second one... I got stuck on the mission where you have to shoot down the ships, and you fail if more than four or something get away. Frustrating, because the lock on system is so crappy for it, I can't keep track of which one's the closest to leaving the area. And then I got distracted by Dynasty Warriors Gundam (I've got nearly 40 hours into it).

i have the game! :ph34r:

for starters...

they simplified the menu. you won't get lost (as much) with the menu items.

there's now a training/tutorial mode which (i think) walks you through a specific unit's controls.

(i only used it with Nirvash, & the prompting seemed conssitent to Nirvash's controls/abilities)

plus 2 more for ground & space missions. what they're good for, i'm not sure yet.

the repair button's still there & it still costs "ace points"

the unit upgrading's pretty much a streamlined version of what they had in ACE 2

the controls are pretty much the same as ACE 2. if it's different in some way, i haven't noticed.

your support units actually seem to help now, and the team attack gauge seems easier to max up.

and the good news...

you get YF-19 as soon as mission 4 (i think) !!!

so much better than waiting 'til half the game for anything Macross in ACE 2

^_^

i have the game! :ph34r:

for starters...

they simplified the menu. you won't get lost (as much) with the menu items.

there's now a training/tutorial mode which (i think) walks you through a specific unit's controls.

(i only used it with Nirvash, & the prompting seemed conssitent to Nirvash's controls/abilities)

plus 2 more for ground & space missions. what they're good for, i'm not sure yet.

the repair button's still there & it still costs "ace points"

the unit upgrading's pretty much a streamlined version of what they had in ACE 2

the controls are pretty much the same as ACE 2. if it's different in some way, i haven't noticed.

your support units actually seem to help now, and the team attack gauge seems easier to max up.

and the good news...

you get YF-19 as soon as mission 4 (i think) !!!

so much better than waiting 'til half the game for anything Macross in ACE 2

^_^

I'm glad to hear things are simplified a bit. I actually have a notebook with menu translations for A.C.E 2.

What's the YF-91?

Lulz.

I am just getting into the series.Excuse me for the typo :lol:

Anyway.YF-19 is fun to play with.

<3 the missiles on it

The control scheme is a bit more simplified from ACE 2.

Last time to switch weapons you had to hold down the L1 button and then cycle through the weapons menu.This time you just hold down the L1 button and then choose a weapon that is mapped to one of the buttons,aim,and then fire.You always have your gun equipped so you don't have to bother re-equipping it

Edited by Zeta Gundam

Lulz.

I am just getting into the series.Excuse me for the typo :lol:

Anyway.YF-19 is fun to play with.

<3 the missiles on it

The control scheme is a bit more simplified from ACE 2.

Last time to switch weapons you had to hold down the L1 button and then cycle through the weapons menu.This time you just hold down the L1 button and then choose a weapon that is mapped to one of the buttons,aim,and then fire.You always have your gun equipped so you don't have to bother re-equipping it

You could use the Shift style in ACE 2.

Yeah, the YF-19's money, once you get the hang of it. It's got a perfect loadout... micro missiles, gunpod, and (I'm assuming) reaction missiles... oh, yeah, and chaff. Too bad the YF-21's loadout isn't as good. You get the wrist guns for default, the gunpod, micro missiles, and you can go limiter off. Just after you get the 21, you get the Focker's VF-1S, Hikaru and Max's VF-1As, and Milia's Quedlunn-rau. I immediately starting dumping ACE points into Focker's VF-1S (loadout's similar to the YF-19, except you get head lasers instead of chaff). My question is, are Hikaru and Max's Valkyrie's any different than Focker's? If not, I'll focus on Focker's Valkyrie, the Q-rau, and the 21 (19's already maxed). If they are different, though, I might prioritize them instead.

EDIT: One mission after you get some VF-1s, you get Hikaru's VF-1J, plus the Armored VF-1J, Max's VF-1S, and Hikaru's VF-1S become buyable. I should be able to play the rest of the game without using anything but variable fighters... but I might not, because also buyable is the Nu Gundam, and right after that, Turn A Gundam.

Edited by mikeszekely

JUST GOT MY COPY TODAY!!!!!!

does anyone have a menu translation guid yet?

so far it seems to play like ACE 2 and the YF19 and YF21 look AWESOME!! cant wait to fly them :)

SWEET!! my son and i figured out a coop 2 playermode!!! totaly cool!! :)

Edited by Razor x

JUST GOT MY COPY TODAY!!!!!!

does anyone have a menu translation guid yet?

so far it seems to play like ACE 2 and the YF19 and YF21 look AWESOME!! cant wait to fly them :)

SWEET!! my son and i figured out a coop 2 playermode!!! totaly cool!! :)

I think it's like this.

Main menu

-New Game

-Continue

-Multiplayer co-op

-Free Mission

-2player versus

-Load save

Continuing brings you to the Intermission screen

-Briefing

-Units for sale

-News

-Unit Viewer

-Battle Records

-Movie viewer

-Options

-Back to Main menu

After the briefing, you're on the unit selection screen. That's

-Launch

-Player setup

-Wingman 1

-Wingman 2

-Back to Intermission screen

If you pick player setup, you'll get

-Unit select

-Upgrade current unit (switch units to upgrade a different one)

-Repair armor

-Test area: ground

-Test area: space

-Test area: tutorial

If you pick one of the Wingman, I think you got everything but the test areas.

If you pick upgrade, I think the stats are

-Armor

-Dash

-Vernier

-Turning

-Attack

If you need to tweak the options, they should be

-Save

-Load

-Game Settings

-Controller Settings

-Sound Settings

-Screen Settings

The Game Settings are

-Difficulty

-not sure, something like Lock Info

-Target (sets the priority for targets when you hit the target button... it's camera, direction, distance, or damage)

-Quick Turn

-Auto Height adjustment

-Attack demo

-text

-Operation Navi (you'll want to remember that, as you'll want to quickly turn her off when you realize she's going to ask "are you sure...?" more than Windows Vista)

-Reset everything to default.

Controller Settings are

-Type (shift or select)

-Flight Type (easy, flight, easy reverse, flight reverse)

-Radar

-Camera

-Vibration

-Assign buttons

-Default.

I didn't really mess with sound or screen. Sound looks mostly for setting different volume, and screen is for adjusting brightness and contrast.

I think it's like this.

Main menu

-New Game

-Continue

-Multiplayer co-op

-Free Mission

-2player versus

-Load save

Continuing brings you to the Intermission screen

-Briefing

-Units for sale

-News

-Unit Viewer

-Battle Records

-Movie viewer

-Options

-Back to Main menu

After the briefing, you're on the unit selection screen. That's

-Launch

-Player setup

-Wingman 1

-Wingman 2

-Back to Intermission screen

If you pick player setup, you'll get

-Unit select

-Upgrade current unit (switch units to upgrade a different one)

-Repair armor

-Test area: ground

-Test area: space

-Test area: tutorial

If you pick one of the Wingman, I think you got everything but the test areas.

If you pick upgrade, I think the stats are

-Armor

-Dash

-Vernier

-Turning

-Attack

If you need to tweak the options, they should be

-Save

-Load

-Game Settings

-Controller Settings

-Sound Settings

-Screen Settings

The Game Settings are

-Difficulty

-not sure, something like Lock Info

-Target (sets the priority for targets when you hit the target button... it's camera, direction, distance, or damage)

-Quick Turn

-Auto Height adjustment

-Attack demo

-text

-Operation Navi (you'll want to remember that, as you'll want to quickly turn her off when you realize she's going to ask "are you sure...?" more than Windows Vista)

-Reset everything to default.

Controller Settings are

-Type (shift or select)

-Flight Type (easy, flight, easy reverse, flight reverse)

-Radar

-Camera

-Vibration

-Assign buttons

-Default.

I didn't really mess with sound or screen. Sound looks mostly for setting different volume, and screen is for adjusting brightness and contrast.

thanks mikeszekely!!!! you da MAN! :)

OKay, this game was not properly play tested for balance. The Freedom and METEOR pack are broken. Just keep pressing circle.

And once you complete the game, you can buy an item called the 'Limiter'. It removes the ammo limit of your weapons.

UNLIMTED ROLLING TWIN BUSTER RIFLE WORKS

The main problem I'm having with the game is that you have to use a unit and gain experience with it before you can upgrade it fully. So, by the time I got the Nu Gundam, it's pretty much worthless. It takes too long to kill things in a mission (I failed the first one I tried with it because some enemy units escaped) to actually use it in any missions to get any experience... especially when I have a fully upgraded YF-19 that decimates all comers.

Haven't been keeping track of this thread. I'll try to pick up this tomorrow, especially if you can use only Macross units from mission 4 onwards. No interest in playing Gundams, only destroying them.

I wish From Software would just make a Macross game for the PS2.

Graham

Haven't been keeping track of this thread. I'll try to pick up this tomorrow, especially if you can use only Macross units from mission 4 onwards. No interest in playing Gundams, only destroying them.

I wish From Software would just make a Macross game for the PS2.

Graham

You get the YF-19 After mission 2 and the YF-21 after mission 13. After you gain enough experience in each the fast pack sets are available. You can Also fly Hikaru, and Max's VF-1A with or without FAST Packs, Hikarus VF-1J with or without Armor, Hikaru's, Max's and Roy's VF-1S with and without Fast Packs, and Also Max ans Miria's Q-Rau. The VF-1J Armored can jettesion its armor at will by pressing R3+L3.

Done beat the game several times and have most of the mechs maxed out and the limiters turned on. Go to here http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=38183980 for a guide to all the secret mission requirements. Here is Combo attack ratings http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=38199663

A few questions for those that have ACE 3 already: -

1) Can you freely transform between Battroid, Gerwalk and Fighter at anytime in the game?

2) Do you have a chance to fight against Gundams? I wanna blow up those silly looking Gundams with my VFs.

3) Is there a two-player, split-screen versus mode?

4) Can you fire missiles in all modes, or only in Fighter and Gerwalk like some of the other Macross games?

Graham

A few questions for those that have ACE 3 already: -

1) Can you freely transform between Battroid, Gerwalk and Fighter at anytime in the game?

2) Do you have a chance to fight against Gundams? I wanna blow up those silly looking Gundams with my VFs.

3) Is there a two-player, split-screen versus mode?

4) Can you fire missiles in all modes, or only in Fighter and Gerwalk like some of the other Macross games?

Graham

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes, Co-op too but not story co-op

4. Yes in all modes except the VF-1 Series can fire them in battroid mode unless wearing Fast Packs with Nukes :)

Also I own all 3 Ace games if your interested I suggest getting ACE 2 as that was the debut of Macross in the game series and they had a huge role in that game story wise but only Macross DYRL was used. Wait till November though to buy ACE 2 as a new version of ACE 2 is being released that will include vocal songs in it unlike the previous release which had the songs but no vocals to them.

Edit: Well just finished unlocking all 103 units and all their limiters.

Edited by Sorata

I think I have a copy of ACE 2 somewhere already, but IIRC I gave up after only playing a few times.

I forget why, I think it was beacuse I read you didn't get any Macross units until really late in the game and I have no interest playing through half the came as Gundams (which I loath) or other mecha.

Also, I'm pretty bored with the VF-1. If I want a good VF-1 game I've already got the PS2 Macross game.

The only reason I'm getting ACE 3 is beacuse it's got the YF-19 and YF-21. I really love the old PS1 VF-X2 and Macross Plus Game Edition and want more chance to fly the YF-19.

Graham