by the way who are the people in the pic? i am familiar with your macrossworld user names but i have never seen you guys in real life who is who in these pics?

chris

Yeah could someone Photoshop some nametags or something? Who's who here?

What is this talk about a dvd re-release?  Is HG milking the robo dvd's again, but with a different cover <_< ?

HG bought up the remaining Animeigo sets from Animeigo since their license had expired, and Tommy said that the standard practice is that they (Animeigo) were going to destroy the remaining stock.

So, in short, YES, they're re-releasing the Animeigo set, under a different box design. According to what Tommy said, they're releasing all 9 discs at once since they (RT.COM) are out of the original 9 disc sets. I don't think they are selling the smaller 3 disc sets.

Also, you will still be able to get them from Animeigo for a limited time.

Edited by Mechamaniac

What is this talk about a dvd re-release?  Is HG milking the robo dvd's again, but with a different cover <_< ?

HG bought up the remaining Animeigo sets from Animeigo since their license had expired, and Tommy said that the standard practice is that they (Animeigo) were going to destroy the remaining stock.

So, in short, YES, they're re-releasing the Animeigo set, under a different box design. According to what Tommy said, they're releasing all 9 discs at once since they (RT.COM) are out of the original 9 disc sets. I don't think they are selling the smaller 3 disc sets.

Also, you will still be able to get them from Animeigo for a limited time.

Thanks for clearing that up ;) .

Man doesn't Tommy know he can buy a pair a white cloth gloves instead off taking off his socks. :lol:

haha, I know huh? Nah, that's all he had at the time. It was either that or use Egan's little macross mitts! :blink:;):p:D:lol:

Man doesn't Tommy know he can buy a pair a white cloth gloves instead off taking off his socks. :lol:

Nah it was under my suggestion. He was taking out latex gloves to handle the original sketches. He was really nice took them out of the bags and boards to show us. So i advised him that he should have used cotton gloves. Latex gloves can have a release agent on them. So he said "wait I have something" and he whipped out two clean socks from his bag.

Yeah could someone Photoshop some nametags or something? Who's who here?

I would, but I can't even remember half the people I met yesterday unless they went to dinner too. And even then, I could probably only tell you their real names and not their handles. There's not even any proof that I was at the con, except you can see my arm in a picture or two.

What was your favorite moments from the con? For me, it was when Mari arrived, and Egan ran away to hide! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

;) There can't be any proof that she and I have ever been in the same room.

Oh wait, there was the group photo. :o;)

I tried to reach Don Yee to come to Macross World Con 5, because he should have been there. Without Don Yee and his 1999 Protoculture Addicts article, few people in America would have known Mari Iijima was living in Southern California for the past decade. I didn't find out until 1995 when I was in Japan.

haha, I know huh? Nah, that's all he had at the time. It was either that or use Egan's little macross mitts! :blink:;):p:D:lol:

;) It scares me how tiny the kids must've been to wear them. We were joking that the Macross swimming trunks and mittens would barely fit the plush Minmay and Valkyrie dolls.

It sure was fun. Thanks go out to Solscud007, Shawn, Seiichi, Egan Loo and anybody else who helped to put MW Con 5 together. Good to see some of you guys again and meet new faces also. I hope MW Con 6 happens next year, and you can be sure I'll bring the Saporro again. :D

Yep, to be fair, I only pitched in on the day of the con, since I wasn't completely sure I could make the con until I arrived in Southern California at 3 am that morning. Solscud007, Shawn, Seiichi, and the others have been working hard to make this con fun for several months.

I can't remember who got the lion's share of the group shots with Mari, and also the single shots with Mari.

If you get a chance Nick, can you shoot me a copy of the pic you got of me with Egan's Gubaba?.

I think Memo got most of the shots. I got one on my camera of me and Mari though. ;)

That would be Memo, who got the pics of everyone with Mari and the solo pics. Hopefully he'll post up his 100 shots or so. Maybe he'll send them to Shaun for upload onto this site in a special section or so. Man, I had a great time there, and loved the company.

It was great to see Mari again, she is always sooooo hot :wub:

I was kinda sad not to see too many new customs in the works. That's always a real treat seeing original stuff and paint schemes. but still some great new stuff nevertheless. I wish I could've gone to the dinner afterward, but had to meet my parents for father's day dinner. I guess I'll see many of you at AX.

Seiichi, great to see the stuff for sale you brought, I can't wait for the store to come up and I'll see you at SD comicon.

Thanks guys for making this a great con again. :D

Mari was so very considerate and nice. Yes, she looks to be about twenty-five. :)

I personally thought it charming when she dropped the F-bomb. She seemed to be trying to make us feel like she was comfortable there and perhaps engaging in a bit of informal langauge was what she felt was needed to demonstrate it.

If I recall correctly, the only F-bomb I heard was in response to someone who asked if her kids were into her music. Her response (jovially): "They don't f'ing care." :lol:

But I might have missed others because I was in the back and sorta wandering from room to room. We also arrived partway through her appearance.

I also think everyone in attendance deserves a lot of credit for not making her feel uncomfortable but rather being very dignified and respectful. I was fearing (having never met anyone from MW in person before) a cliche Star Trek convention atmosphere where she is asked super-obscure questions and/or made to feel leered at. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Everybody was super-respectful towards her. Well, at least, that was my take on it. I suppose we can't know for sure how she felt about us. :lol:

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised at how, well. . . normal everyone was. It wasn't nearly the geek-fest that a small part of me anticipated. And, my girlfriend, who attended partly to see where I ranked on the geek-o-meter among my MW peers, was surprised at how "normal" everyone seemed. And she pointed out more than a few cute guys! ;)

Looks like a good time was had by all. We should have stuck around for dinner. Didn't realize things were going to go so late or that others were still going to show up! Would have rather stayed than sit in traffic on the 405 and wander Ikea. :o

Thanks to Soloscud, Shawn, and Seiichi. It was a lot of fun!

P.S. I also thought it was cool of Mari to just come down and have pizza with some of y'all. . . like she was just one of the guys. I didn't even realize she was over there until I had finished half my lunch.

Well Hurin if your GF thought some of us were cute maybe she can send some of her single friends our ways, lol.

I had a great time too, too bad I had to bug out before Tommy Yune showed up, I would have liked to have seen that collection. It was really good to see everyone again and I'm glad that my work schedule allowed me to even attend. If I make it next year I promise I will bring my repainted helmet, now I just need to find time to repaint it, lol.

Like many people found out the MWers are for the most part a fairly normal and not totally obsessed lot. No one showed up in costume, thank god, or was overly pushy, really they were there to meet each other and have a good time. Having Mari there was the the icing on the cake, though I have to admit it was pretty funny to see Egan just disappear when Mari showed up. If work and life allows I will definitely make it again next year.