The computer and electronics super geek thread

Dante74

It's a Netgear Super-G Wireless Router (WGT624 V3)

It does its job decently. Although sometimes for whatever rare, quirky reason, the port-forwards I set up disappear (still there but unaccessible; I got over that...).

I have never try a super-g before, but my old range max was doing the same thing, and I had to reset the router about three times a week. It got better after a firmware update, but I was still having to reset it every week. now i use a linksys n router, it used to have similar problem but the firmware update fixed it.

I figured out my problem by googling it.

sometimes line noise could cause problems too.

It's a Netgear Super-G Wireless Router (WGT624 V3)

It does its job decently. Although sometimes for whatever rare, quirky reason, the port-forwards I set up disappear (still there but unaccessible; I got over that...).

Typically routers for home use work as-is but when you try to use any advanced features (port forwarding, nat/pat, dmz, etc.) that isn't standard to the factory config (even if advertised as features), they act retarded. If it's compatible you should try to load DD-WRT or Tomato on your router, typically features that work terribly (or not at all) in the regular firmware work great with the aforementioned firmwares. I've been lucky enough to acquire obsolete equipment from previous jobs to build my network with, if your company has a warehouse, i'd go knocking on their door, i know for a fact ours throws away perfectly good equipment on a daily basis. I was able to get a 48 port gig switch with POE and two POE access points from our warehouse "junk" yard, it had a bad 60mm fan that i replaced with parts from my local Micro Center.

Edited by emajnthis