Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Nice buy! VF-1s are pretty. Btw you don't need supers/strike for those since Roy's in it and it's the tv version. If you want to be totally accurate that is. :p

That is true, I just like how awesome the VF-1 looks with Super/Strike packs on it. :D

Nice buy! VF-1s are pretty. Btw you don't need supers/strike for those since Roy's in it and it's the tv version. If you want to be totally accurate that is. :p

ahhh yeah we never saw tv Roy with supers eh..

That is true, I just like how awesome the VF-1 looks with Super/Strike packs on it. :D

and besides the VF-1 looks so sleek and sexy without supers! but supers are cool still though! :D

I got my VF-19S & VF-1 assembly kit from HKC yesterday. But I'm going out of town and have no time to swoosh it.

I'm still a little wracked by getting 2 valks at once, but the shipping savings was good. Normally I only get one a year...

I think I'm done for now though, until the new series comes out.

That's a real shame guys as the VF-19 range are just gorgeous things! B))

Yeah, I was going to say the color/lines of the 19F are absolutely gorgeous. And no speakers on that one either. Just sexy blue. Totally missing out if you're thinking super-speaker, rockstar robots because the 19F/S aren't that at all. Hell, pop the silly shoulder pods out and the 19P cuts a sexy profile as well. And there aren't any speakers on the 17's either. There's plenty to go around in Macross 7, even if you don't like the show (I don't, but I know sexy when I see it. I just didn't buy Basaras Valk).

I got my VF-19S & VF-1 assembly kit from HKC yesterday. But I'm going out of town and have no time to swoosh it.

I'm still a little wracked by getting 2 valks at once, but the shipping savings was good. Normally I only get one a year...

I think I'm done for now though, until the new series comes out.

Aw, dude, you totally have to pull that 19S out just to check out the sexy blue for a bit. MY Mom doesn't know a damn thing about these toys but even she will comment on how great the color of the 19S/F are.

Edited by Mommar

Yeah, I was going to say the color/lines of the 19F are absolutely gorgeous. And no speakers on that one either. Just sexy blue. Totally missing out if you're thinking super-speaker, rockstar robots because the 19F/S aren't that at all. Hell, pop the silly shoulder pods out and the 19P cuts a sexy profile as well. And there aren't any speakers on the 17's either. There's plenty to go around in Macross 7, even if you don't like the show (I don't, but I know sexy when I see it. I just didn't buy Basaras Valk).

Aw, dude, you totally have to pull that 19S out just to check out the sexy blue for a bit. MY Mom doesn't know a damn thing about these toys but even she will comment on how great the color of the 19S/F are.

I have noticed that also! The M7 VF-19 bunch do seem to get the most comments when people see them in my collection! And its always positive! ei. "the colors on those are really nice!" or "oh I like those ones!" etc etc..

Glad you got him up into batty Saburo! See.. it's not hard at all :D

Thanks for the help Gakken! The parts of the transformation I was really worried about were swiveling the shoulder part into position and separating the diecast plate from the chest piece. Now that I have done it, I am fairly confident transforming it. :)

after seeing these, i really miss DYRL off-white, they look so much better.

Thank. You. :D

Exactly what I was saying in the other thread about the color changes from Yamato to Arcadia's DYRL VF-1S's.

Thanks for the help Gakken! The parts of the transformation I was really worried about were swiveling the shoulder part into position and separating the diecast plate from the chest piece. Now that I have done it, I am fairly confident transforming it. :)

Very cool. Of all of Valkyries in my collection I have the most fun, or maybe the easiest time, transforming the VF-1's.

-b.

Yeah, the arm swivel and the chest are the most nerve racking your first few times.

But these are tough little suckers, for the most part.

Your main concern would be paint scrapes to the diecast swivel bar, though the roy isn't painted there.

and besides the VF-1 looks so sleek and sexy without supers! but supers are cool still though! :D

I like the VF-1 clean, its great looking but.. my love for super parts goes all they bay back to childhood. My cousin had 1/55 Bandai VF-1S with Strike Parts for his birthday, I thought it was the coolest toy ever. Granted I had the Takatoku 1/55 VF-1S with GBP armor, but the Strike could transform and keep the parts on, where the GBP had to be taken off. I had parts envy... :lol:

Reason to get another VF-1 that actually use supers/strike. ;)

Hunt has begun. :)

Thank. You. :D

Exactly what I was saying in the other thread about the color changes from Yamato to Arcadia's DYRL VF-1S's.

Very cool. Of all of Valkyries in my collection I have the most fun, or maybe the easiest time, transforming the VF-1's.

-b.

I wanted a DYRL Roy, but they are hard to find at a reasonable price.

Yeah, the arm swivel and the chest are the most nerve racking your first few times.

But these are tough little suckers, for the most part.

Your main concern would be paint scrapes to the diecast swivel bar, though the roy isn't painted there.

I was watching your video and would pause it, then do the transformation very slowly. I am pretty sure if someone watching me it was pretty comical as I was talking to the valk. "Come on work with me." "You ok nothing broke right?"

Thanks for the info, I'll keep an eye on the swivel bar. :)

Edited by Saburo

Haha I do the same thing. But I curse a lot :/

I remember on that video I had to edit it (which I rarely do) because it took me so long to get the chest broken up.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hunt has begun. :)

I wanted a DYRL Roy, but they are hard to find at a reasonable price.

Saburo, i hope you find one, your pictures are awesome and would be great with the yamato off white shade...

i'll pm you if i see one cheap :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Nice Vf-1d! Buyee hasn't email since I won my auction. Still waiting to hear from them on mine!

Edited by dapro

At this rate, my SH Monsterart Godzilla Jr will arrive with SAL before my vf-1d! LOL

It's a pretty bird. Ca-Kawwwww.

Min may sits kind of weird...

Don't forget the review! PM the link when done, please. :D I love Macross reviews.

Guest davidwhangchoi

really cool!!!

Took a quick Milia pic for you with some tips from Saburo :D

mV7w96S.jpg

i had to repost it up, it's so awesome!