Vf-s1 Project

wongster

lol thanks thats probably a good idea. When I start to animate I don't think the fighting and transformation will be in all one scene anyway.

as for the dats comment well, his stuff is g000d, but as modelers, we all have tons of bad things to say about our own work anyway 0.o.

Edited by wongster

Alright so I'm almost done.. just wings + gun!

oh wait I also have to do the cockpit 0.o

don't have any references for that... guess i'll have to wing it.

now I can start thinking about animating and texturing. Do you guys think I have enough detail or should I put the rest in with UV's?

More work in progress... 0.o Torso and nose

post-2815-1140505168_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1140505179_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1140505192_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1140505200_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1140540870_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

Looking nice! Btw, I don't know much about cg stuff, but I've been wondering could the panel lines be done with bump maps, and maybe matching line textures? I tried to play a little with 3dsmax few years ago, just for fun. Nothing more. I think actual model kits are the thing for me. But it's fun to watch other peoples different projects. :)

Edit: You know, you could make the maps straight from hasegawa instructions?!? :blink:

Edited by Sdf-1

alrighty, some weird abstract thingie... well actually its the view from behind the seat lol, but I messed up with the camera on that one :rolleyes:

second one is from outside

third is sitting in the cockpit... enjoy

fourth, zoomed out... this was a test for render times.

wings coming next and i'm going to rework the gun... then i'll be done. wahoo! well at least the modelling

garr that darn glass just cranked up render times by soooo much. It was faster when the cockpit winshield was solid lol XD.

post-2815-1140769390_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1140769428_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1140769439_thumb.jpg

post-2815-1140769844_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster

k guys, I'm working on the UV maps right now. Unfortunately due to drivers ed, piano, kung fu classes, and a large mass of homework, I will be unable to bring you any updates until friday or this weekend. :p

but heres some eye candy for now, its a bit old. If you can't guess what this is a model is of, either I haven't spent enough time on it, or you aren't that into sci fi.

post-2815-1141184613_thumb.jpg

Edited by wongster