Looks great! You built that from a Tallgeese, yeah?

Yeah from the Tallgeese. Knees, back skirt, shoulders and head are 3D printed, couple parts here and there mixed from other areas to get it closer to the look. It was a fun and simple conversion I didn't have to look at the instructions much to pick out what stayed and what got left in the runners.

Used flat green, brown, German gray, and yellow.

That too----I still can't quite figure out what the proportion issue IS, but it does look wrong to me. Simply literally not tall enough?

I'm thinking the kit replicates the huge thighs and legs of the lineart too well actually:

http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/OZ-00MS_Tallgeese

The broad thighs are quite distracting on the gunpla. Perhaps if there was some artistic license to thin the thighs a bit it would look better.

I've been leaning towards an MG Epyon or Tallgeese too for quite some time now =D

The thighs are a bit thicker than they should be and maybe a bit shorter. I guess it's just very stubby even compared to the original line art, but perfect for the comic and the 3 from endless waltz. Even some of the line art between talgese 1 and 2 look a bit different.

Personally, I don't rely on lineart when it comes to mecha designs, as it's always not consistent with the anime art and scale replicas. Lineart is more of a proof of concept rather than what should be used on the final product. Take Kunio Okawara's art, for example. Sure, he's the father of Gundam designs, but would you buy a Build Burning Gundam kit if it were 100% faithful to his lineart?

Here's my custom Gunpla Battle unit: GN-0000BMF 00 Gundam BMF.

Kits
*HG00 #61: GN-0000GNHW/7SG 00 Gundam Seven Sword/G
*HG00 #35: GNR-010 0 Raiser
*HG00 #66: GNT-0000 00 Qan[T]
*Kotobukiya Modeling Support Goods (MSG) HW-05 Mega Slash Edge

Decals
*Gundam Decal #86: HG00 GNT-0000 00 Qan[T]
*Third-Party Decals for RG GN-0000+GNR-010 00 Raiser

00gundambmf01_zpsx2ezjarn.jpg

00gundambmf02_zps2qvawkgv.jpg

00gundambmf03_zpsc4zwdc6p.jpg

00gundambmf04_zpsge38uzbw.jpg

00gundambmf05_zpspln19d2e.jpg

00gundambmf06_zpsnwkwwduu.jpg

00gundambmf07_zpsvmziqwby.jpg

00gundambmf08_zpsjstcwsrl.jpg

00gundambmf09_zpsf0lvukyx.jpg

00gundambmf10_zps0xvrzf6z.jpg

00gundambmf11_zpsy2zeesfb.jpg

00gundambmf12_zpsdlyjnjkm.jpg

00gundambmf13_zpsgaixdp5j.jpg

Edited by areaseven

I like the markings a lot. Gives it some real class.

That's one helluva sword, your 00 looks great A7!

That's a awesome mashup a7. Decals looks nice and trim.

Thanks, guys. I wish I had more decals to use on the Mega Slash Edge. Also, I'm torn between keeping it in dark gray or repainting it blue and white to match the other weapons.

I might buy the Heavy Arms Custom. He was the first Gunpla kit I ever built way before I even knew what Gunpla was or a Heavy Arms Custom. I ended up painting the whole kit because this is what your're suppose to do right? :D

Edited by Scyla

New Gunpla revealed at Gunpla Expo 2016:

• RG Build Strike Gundam Full Package
  • HGCE Strike Freedom Gundam
  • 1/100 Gundam Barbatos Lupus
  • HG Origin RX-77 Guncannon Early Type
  • HG Origin MS-05S Char's Zaku I
  • HG Origin MS-04 Waff (Ramba Ral Custom)
  • HGBF Transient Gundam Glacier
  • HGUC RGM-79[G] GM Ground Type
  • MG MS-06R Zaku II High Mobility Type "Psycho Zaku" Ver.Ka
  • 1/100 New Gundam Type MS (IBO)
  • HGPG Petit'gguy (Cat Ver. & Dog Ver.)
Edited by areaseven

Nothing particularly exciting. Actually, I'm pretty disappointed that the RG line is dipping into BF when there are a TON of MS I'd rather see. Even if I exclude UC, since everyone knows I'm a UC purist, I'm still waiting for the other four hero Gundam from Wing, any Gundam from 00 besides Setsuna's, Infinite Justice, Turn A, Gundam X, etc...

I hate it, but I'm not surprised: The most popular version of Heavy Arms, as seen in EW, is the limited P-Bandai release. While YEARS ago we got the "never seen anywhere" orange version of that mold. Yeesh. Either give us red+orange TV version, or navy/teal EW. Not some hypothetical hybrid.

Same rant for Sandrock. Give me TV or EW. Not "inbetween" ones we never saw.

The Wing series isn't popular, apparently. Not in Japan, and certainly not enough in America that people will flock to the merchandise in sufficient numbers. Me, I'm fine with the old 90s Heavyarms Custom, and the majority of the old 90s EW kits in general. (I think their weapons are, across the board, equal to if not better than their MG counterparts.) Probably the only kits that I think benefited greatly from the MG upgrade are the Shenlong and Altron.

If push comes to shove, you can just repaint the regular MG and throw the old HG gatlings on it. It'll be cheaper by far. Now if they release a P-Bandai Serpent, THEN I'll take back everything I said and jump on it post-haste.

I can't wait to see the Ground GM and Origin Guncannon. I hope the former shares parts/design from the Ground Gundam and not from the Ez8. Almost certainly it'll at least take its head from the Gundam Ground War Set, which featured a then-new GM head with neat clear visor over mechanical/camera detail.

That just even further proves my point. If Wing as a whole is not that popular to start with---then why make a little-known (did it even exist at all before the kit?) variant of Heavy Arms first, as a mainline release, then wait literally years to make the minor changes needed to make the most-wanted/popular version and make it a limited release?

It'd be like making a never-before-seen variant of the VF-19P first, then 4 years later doing Basara's.

That just even further proves my point. If Wing as a whole is not that popular to start with---then why make a little-known (did it even exist at all before the kit?) variant of Heavy Arms first, as a mainline release, then wait literally years to make the minor changes needed to make the most-wanted/popular version and make it a limited release?

It'd be like making a never-before-seen variant of the VF-19P first, then 4 years later doing Basara's.

Because the MG kits (as well as one RG kit) were following the continuity of the 2010 manga reboot Gundam Wing Endless Waltz: The Glory of Losers and not the TV series.

I like all the origin kits shown and that gm from 08th ms team is a must have. I have one of the weapon sets with the sniper rifle so I may get a couple of them and paint one green, because knowing bandai they will release a web exclusive sniper instead of a major release.

I was looking a bit closer at the gm and it looks like a newer design rather than reusing the parts from the ground gundam and may be more similar to the ez8, but possibly even newer than that. The parts on the lower arms look like the go together different, but the upper thigh is missing the seam line and looks smooth like the ez8.