Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

The color is terrible :mellow: it needs to be off-white. Or is Arcadia doing the anti-flash white?

It would be nice if they make the reactive armor to fit on the V1, there is no way I will be getting this bird with those colors.

you might get lucky with the odd piece fitting but chances are no they simply wont. The new Zero range is basically completely new with minimal to no carry over components from the original.

And regarding the colors, they may be changed for the final release version but as it they are now I rather like them!

I doubt we'd get more markings... in fact, my Yamato VF-0 didn't even have the UN Kite symbols on it, just a lousy space in the lines with bare plastic showing.

I doubt we'd get more markings... in fact, my Yamato VF-0 didn't even have the UN Kite symbols on it, just a lousy space in the lines with bare plastic showing.

Yeah Yamato only did that on the VF-0A unknown soldier, but the Roy and the Shin had it tampo'd on.

Actually nope, none of the originals had the nose kites tampo'd on. Was really disappointing actually, because I never use any of the stickers. I had heard it was something about them having issues tampoing across multiple parts early on, but they clearly got past that limitation later on. :)

Edited by Chronocidal

As much as having optional stickers available is good and depending on the application I don't really mind the use of stickers but Arcadia really needs to move on from their use as it seems the great majority (in this forum anyways) would opt for more tampo even at the cost of not getting any additional included with the Valks..

Guest davidwhangchoi

the 0S will have the same amount of tampo of the vf-0D. which includes the UN Kites.

i'm waiting for august to see how the 0A turns out re: tampo markings. almost definitely the same amount as the 0D with the corrected intake markings that won't be crooked (i posted about this for the 0D.)

i really like the color of the 0A, light grey which means...no pink hue (that's what i care most about more than shade at this point)

i'm just worried the 0S will be pink... that'll drive me crazy.

Actually nope, none of the originals had the nose kites tampo'd on. Was really disappointing actually, because I never use any of the stickers. I had heard it was something about them having issues tampoing across multiple parts early on, but they clearly got past that limitation later on. :)

My bad, it's been so long that I got the blank spot for the modex confused with the kite on the other wing. Here is the link from Anymoon to demonstrate my confusion lol:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/Yamato-VF-0-6.jpg

This is what he was really talking about:

http://anymoon.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/Yamato-VF-0-15.jpg

Edited by Loop

Is there an exact release date for the VF-0A yet?

Usually, towards the end of the month. NY says it's 8/31. It's safe to assume it's the last week of August. So better get your cash ready for the last week of August. ;)

Guest davidwhangchoi

I really hope it comes with those markings as tampo at minimum.

The "Danger Intakes" I can deal with, but I hate doing the kites and the skull logo on black would look terrible as stickers, not to mention it's hard to trim round shapes perfectly.

100% sure, they'll have kites and skulls tampo'd

Guest davidwhangchoi

Somehow, I really wanna see David go berserk if/when this 0S does turn out pinkish after purchase...

:bump:

Also, I'll never ever trust Arcadia's promo shots.

:touche:

lol, i've been contemplating if i should order the 0s after it is released like i did with the 0d a few weeks after everyone got theirs.

Not to mention the missing black paint on the leg fins. ;)

MrK. said the black part of the leg fins comes as a sticker and we should apply it after carefuly trimming it!!

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

Guest davidwhangchoi

MrK. said the black part of the leg fins comes as a sticker and we should apply it after carefuly trimming it!!

hahaha

It was during sarcasm mode on.

I thought so, but needed a conformation. I was hoping he did not make some hair brain announcement on twitter that I couldn't read.

And after all that, we still forgive Arcadia. :lol:

Well they do have some pretty sexy molds to say the least and that matte finish does it for me :lol:. I just wish they would include water slide decals if they are not going to tampo print the markings instead of stickers.