Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

• 3 months later...

Aww.....come on! You gotta have the Fire Booooomba! valk, it's just so... Booooomba! The sound booster is kinda goofy, but the Valk itself grows on you. Basara won me over in the end as well. I actually liked the character for the most part.post-11393-0-11584300-1438663593_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Sigh, I was totally going to order it from Nippon Yasan at their great price, but then it sold out.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/7455-macross-7-vf-19-kai-nekki-basara-special-with-sound-booster.html

To be honest, I thought it would have sat around forever and was just waiting for it to be discounted further.

Is Amiami the only place that might have it right now for a decent price?

That is to say... does back order mean that they'll probably be able to get it?

If so, I think I'll order it...

BOMBA!!

Edited by rasky

Only difference is the new one includes the band figures and they swapped the Yellow for Metallic Gold. Back when I was making less money it was between the Alto YF-29 and the Basara VF-19 Kai and booster. I actually chose the Basara even though I was not a big fan of the face or the color scheme but wanted it for completeness and it was a new VF-19 mold. Once I got it, I was able to look past the colors as it was a great toy. I ended up getting the Alto later as Bandai did a reissue.

Okay, I ordered the VF-19 Basara on Amiami.

Apparently that was the last one, as the order is now closed?

Sorry, Gundam@EFSF...

I hope I didn't take the one you were planning to get. I didn't know that was the last one. :(

Let me know if you want it. I can try to see if I can cancel the order.

Love your photos, by the way!

Edited by rasky

• 4 weeks later...

I have a spare set of corrected wings for my 1st run. I never checked the second one that I have, it never left the bubble wrap it came in. I e-mailed the shop that I bought it from when I found out they flipped the wing tip lights and Yamato was sending out fixed ones.

Thanks guys. So is the main problem with the Yamato/Arcadia 19s just the ankles? If I don't push them back too far they'll stay stiff?

No guarantees but that's been my experience. Basically, don't do much of anything in GERWALK mode and when in battroid mode stick to left/right rocking at the ball joint, not forward/back (toe up or down).

No guarantees but that's been my experience. Basically, don't do much of anything in GERWALK mode and when in battroid mode stick to left/right rocking at the ball joint, not forward/back (toe up or down).

Thanks Jenius. I wish they had fixed this problem. If not on a rerun they could've tried to fix this on the subsequent 19 releases?

It's not something that'll be fixed in this design I think, because it's just an inherent problem with the ball joint itself. Never quite made any sense to me why the joint doesn't work well, it's apparently just molded unevenly, and doesn't hold its stiffness across the entire range of motion.

I noticed with mine even in Battroid it would want to slowly creep forward or backward even with the feet in a toe out position.. so I just switched it back to fighter mode which is where it will stay.

Besides I just could never quite get use to that head with the clown face or with the optional mouth piece fitted..

After its first nosedive, I ended up taking the ankles apart and applying clear nail polish on the ball and socket. Now it can actually stay up in gerwalk. It's just too lose otherwise.

its good to know there is always that option to help the situation even if its not a permanent fix to a bad design.. or is it!? after you applied the nail polish how has it held up?

While it's a simple fix, I will say the same thing I've said about many Bandai releases: for such expensive toys, I shouldn't have to "fix" it right out of the box like this.

Though I did get my VF-19 from the bargain bin, so, uhh... :o

Edited by Lolicon

While it's a simple fix, I will say the same thing I've said about many Bandai releases: for such expensive toys, I shouldn't have to "fix" it right out of the box like this.

Though I did get my VF-19 from the bargain bin, so, uhh... :o

haha! maybe its an intentional thing the manufacturers do to add to the consumer experience! Fix, transform, pose & play! :lol:

but yeah its annoying nonetheless.. considering the premium these toys demand now days they shouldn't require out of the box fixes..

As much as I hate waiting for stuff to release, they could add another month or two to the wait time and do a little more testing and quality control to ensure the final product doesn't require those irritating fixes.

But that would only add to the final price.. and probably not worth their time.

Its like they design them so that most of the joints only hold out long enough for a few transformations figuring the consumer will then pop it on display and be done with it..

• 7 years later...