Arcadia 1/60 VF-19 Custom Nekki Basara Special with Sound Booster

SaitouSad

Apologies in advance if this has been posted somewhere in 1 of the threads.

So... this showed up on Taghobby

Would be an easy pass for me, since I'm fairly happy with the Yamato VF-19 I already own.

Wonder if they will rework any part of it.

post-17838-0-65042700-1396925155_thumb.jpg

Edited by SaitouSad

^ I don't know... the VF-19 Kai was fairly easy to get. And was even discounted a couple of times towards the end of Yamato's life.

That's what I was thinking, it wasn't hard to find and was quite a shelf warmer in the end.

That's what I was thinking, it wasn't hard to find and was quite a shelf warmer in the end.

that and coupled with Arcadia's new pricing policy, I don't know if this would take off unless they did some re-design / engineering. Though that said, the Yamato one is a very good Valk already.

When I wrote a few pages back that Arcadia's YF-19 was bound to have its share of design/engineering quirks an WTFs, I was hoping to be wrong; but from all the postings I've read since it came out, it appears that my pragmatic observation was a major understatement... Be that as it may, I'm about to find out for myself in a few days as my copy has just shipped from HLJ, about 12 hours after making payment (HLJ has been on the ball lately). Now the nail biting begins until I can see if I got a gem or a lemon... kind of an unsettling feeling given the cost of this thing. :unsure:

Edit: D'oh! Meant to make this post in the YF-19 thread... oh well.

Edited by mechaninac

When I wrote a few pages back that Arcadia's YF-19 was bound to have its share of design/engineering quirks an WTFs, I was hoping to be wrong; but from all the postings I've read since it came out, it appears that my pragmatic observation was a major understatement... Be that as it may, I'm about to find out for myself in a few days as my copy has just shipped from HLJ, about 12 hours after making payment (HLJ has been on the ball lately). Now the nail biting begins until I can see if I got a gem or a lemon... kind of an unsettling feeling given the cost of this thing. :unsure:

it's the worst toy ever made, you will be disappointed.

Edited by anime52k8

They should re-release VF-11B imo. (add a new atmospheric booster)

Then VF-11C with changes that allow you to add Full Armor. Yummy. Maybe by this time they will have to have fixed ankle design to allow for all the extra weight it has to cope with?

The announcement of this gives hope for re-releases of other things.

I'm waiting for Arcadia to announce VF0S with Reactive Armor. Roy Fokker Ozma has the best paintscheme. Grey tint and black with the high-vis yellow/Gold trimmings.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I was never a fan of Mac7, so it's an instant pass for me. Still, I'm interested in seeing what the differences are between the Yamato version and theirs. And more importantly, what improvements they've made on it, if any, compared to the V2 YF-19.

Well, if they're working on Macross 7 now, I wouldn't mind getting Millia's VF-1J in its M7 colors. Then again, I'm not sure I'd want to pay Arcadia prices for a slightly different paint scheme, since I've already got my Yammie M&M's.

Such a frustrating choice for a release.... There are other things that have been unavailable for a lot longer. I think if they thought it out better they could drive more sales.

I guess I don't really see the market demanding this release is all.

Edited by Loop

It's coming with removable intake covers and matte finish.

Wouldn't that be kick in the nads for anyone who prefers matte on their Yamato/Arcadia valks and the ability to remove or keep the intake covers, but bought all the 19s despite the show car finish and permanently shuttered intakes because what was released was IT, take it or leave it.

Personally, I still would not buy the Kai... worst Macross character ever, tie for worst VF design (Mylene's 11MAXL is the other) in terms of colors and detail -- a face with nose and mouth, pfft! However, if Arcadia were to update the molds for the chages you stated for the S, F, and P, I'd likely cave on those, and sell my one VF-19S.

it's the worst toy ever made, you will be disappointed.

I'm a pragmatist; I always hope for the best while expecting the worst... that way, I'm rarely disappointed. I doubt the new YF-19 will be enough of a let down to be truly disappointing... unless I get a copy made of self-explodium...

Such a frustrating choice for a release.... There are other things that have been unavailable for a lot longer. I think if they thought it out better they could drive more sales.

I guess I don't really see the market demanding this release is all.

So what's the Japanese market demanding right now?

Wouldn't that be kick in the nads for anyone who prefers matte on their Yamato/Arcadia valks and the ability to remove or keep the intake covers, but bought all the 19s despite the show car finish and permanently shuttered intakes because what was released was IT, take it or leave it.

I only said that because guessing is for free, but if that was the case Arcadia, as a different new company, would be offering the options you wanted but didn't have before :wacko:

So what's the Japanese market demanding right now?

I only said that because guessing is for free, but if that was the case Arcadia, as a different new company, would be offering the options you wanted but didn't have before :wacko:

I don't understand M7 nor the Japanese market....

I think what's driving Arcadia is seeing how pretty much every VF-25 of Bandai's except Alto and Ozma have been shelf warmers. While I think older series had a wider variety of likeable characters, and could appeal to a bigger audience, the current market is extremely main character focused.

They're probably doing the mains to start, and hopefully that'll lead to enough profit to produce some of the less well-known designs.

As I predicted a while ago in other threads, Arcadia is playing it safe with what they're releasing.

Every single release and announcement of theirs is carefully premeditated from that character popularity poll sheet that caught my eye months ago in this forum.

VF1S Roy [with strike]---on the top 3 most popular valkyries

VF1S Hikaru [with strike, again]---very close to that

YF19-----Need you ask? Top 5

VF0D----Best sales of the VF0 series as it's the only one we never got, hero-wise.

VF19Kai---whether you like it or not, it's an amazing toy and a hero character

So besides the VF1J which came out for the anniversary, everything else is a hero mecha. I suspect Gamlin will be next with either VF17.

I also believe they will make various changes to the Kai for this release. Not remoulding, but extra quirks like more tampo printing maybe and so on. Because otherwise it makes no sense, both the kai and the booster can be purchased for below their original retail right now, there'd be no incentive to buy a bundle.