Kurisama's Custom 1/60 Upgrades & Add-ons

Kurisama

Potentials for my next set of Custom Parts;  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Potentials for my next set of 1/60 Custom Parts;

• 1/60 APS-11 Armour for the VF-11
    • 1/60 '21 & '22 New Feet, Ankle and Shin parts to be Anime Accurate + other minor parts
    • 1/60 Queadluun Nona conversion pieces including new back-pack and new head sculpt
    • 1/60 Ghost X-9
    • 1/60 Anime-accurate GU-15 Gunpod for Arcadia YF-19
    • 1/60 Frontier FAST Packs for the Arcadia YF-19
    • Other? Please comment below!

I'll need very specific arm measurements - do you have a vernier caliper?

No I do not, but I'm sure I could get a set, and I don't even have the toy in hand yet. I'm sure I'd end up using the calipers for something else (hand loading ammo), so once I get all that I can get those measurements to you.

I'll need very specific arm measurements - do you have a vernier caliper?

Hmm, looks like I'll have to google some pics and collect - unless someone has a neat little collection at high rez? Is there official art>? Leg armour would be a pain - to get it to sit flush... The head unit will be the easiest and straight forward thing to make for sure, then the nose verniers - the other if, I decided to would be a lot trickier.

Um, yes? I could make ones to hold the gunpod - but my existing hands all work with the armour too - simple remove the grey piece with plug that sits in front of the wrist - and plug the hands in the valk's wrist as usual!

PS - anyone know a close-to-exact tamiya spray can colour that matches the TV VF-1A CF? Or the DYRL VF-1 off-white? Must be off-the-shelf Tamiya sprays.

I can get what I have in the MtR books that show it, and hi-res scan those. I also have a nose from one of the unassembled kits I could let you borrow, if that'd help for the verniers. As for the wing pieces, wings (wider and shorter), tail fins, and all that, I'll send those to you, if you're interested. Just send me a pm.

On the 1X++, looks like the wings are wider (greater chord) than standard too. Also, look at the exhausts/feet. Different shape.

"This deal is getting worse all the time."

LandoFetgif.gif

LOL :p

No I do not, but I'm sure I could get a set, and I don't even have the toy in hand yet. I'm sure I'd end up using the calipers for something else (hand loading ammo), so once I get all that I can get those measurements to you.

How are you going to load rounds with a measuring tool - or am I missing something? I'm curious!

If you had measurements, could you be convinced to make your missiles for Bandai toys as well?

Just my HMMs?

I can get what I have in the MtR books that show it, and hi-res scan those. I also have a nose from one of the unassembled kits I could let you borrow, if that'd help for the verniers. As for the wing pieces, wings (wider and shorter), tail fins, and all that, I'll send those to you, if you're interested. Just send me a pm.

Hell yes HR scans please! I just now pulled apart my TV CF 1A, fiddly in the leg assembly - and couldn't pull apart the backpack without damaging the plastic... not sure people would want to hack away at their yammies/arcadias - I have a very small amount of people now that barely want to paint their custom pieces let alone what would be required to make a VF-1X++.

Feet could be done, but it'd need to be done in WSF polished, even then would require more sanding and prep than the FUD. Wings too coould easily be done - just thinking about the WSF material and prep to get a smooth finish. A lot of this would be possible if I had access to resin/molds of my pieces.

But yes, I'd be glad to borrow and return those items!

On the 1X++, looks like the wings are wider (greater chord) than standard too. Also, look at the exhausts/feet. Different shape.

As above.

The long and short of it is that the head, nose verniers & main wings are very doable with a quick turn around I think. The other parts are a maybe - only because of how fiddly they'd be to sit flush on the valk / strength / material prep / valk disassembly & price.

I shall start the head unit tonight methinks - I'll use the same neck piece as the MtF VF-1J for starters.

How are you going to load rounds with a measuring tool - or am I missing something? I'm curious!

Quality control, to make sure the bullets are properly seated in the casing, and that the overall length is within tolerances so that they feed properly.

Just my HMMs?

And the Anti Vajra ones you have too.

Edited by Valkyrie Driver

PM me, Kurisama, and we can discuss what you need. I have a few kits of the unassembled kit, and I can send you what you will need. As far as the work, very nice. Liking it very much.

Yes, I think the reason for the head shaped that way is it's supposed to be more streamlined for the racing. If you can make the top part wider and the part covering the lasers narrower if it's within tolerances.

the front view is perfect my only suggestion is elongate the side view but once again impressive job kurisama

Good god man, where were these images when I asked days ago!?!! Thanks man! Much better angles.

I'll elongate the face and cap when I get to working on this tonight. I'll also tweak the lasers.

Yes, I think the reason for the head shaped that way is it's supposed to be more streamlined for the racing. If you can make the top part wider and the part covering the lasers narrower if it's within tolerances.

I'll try tweaking as best I can :)

Saw some pictures of the VF-19 Advance, the forearms have a contour to them that might prove tricky. Just a heads up, it might not work.

?huh? Did I missing something? What about the VF-19?

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Saw some pictures of the VF-19 Advance, the forearms have a contour to them that might prove tricky. Just a heads up, it might not work.

?huh? Did I missing something? What about the VF-19?

I guess, he's referring to your YF-19 Arm Cannon. That it's not going to fit since Bandai's VF-19 arm has more contour than Arcadia's.

NIce! As long as the front of the visor doesn't hit the front landing gear bay doors looks good to go! edit: About 28.25mm front to back for the top.

R0032703.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Looks great. Kinda prefer this one over the MotF VF-1J face design. :wub:

Just curious Kurisama, any chance you can create another version of this head with a VF-1J laser turrets? But still maintaining the design on the sides of the head. Thanks. ^_^

That Double plus head is looking fantastic, I might have to get one for my VF-1S. The VF-19 Advance definitely has that muscle-y bulge in the forearm near the elbow. With a counter contoured piece it could work, but that seems really complicated. I'll see if I can get some calipers to get some measurements, but without the right contour it'll probably be almost impossible.

This is a really nice design! I like the last adjustments

Thank you very much! Yeah, it really pops now, compared to the old sculpt.

NIce! As long as the front of the visor doesn't hit the front landing gear bay doors looks good to go! edit: About 28.25mm front to back for the top.

R0032703.jpg

Image isn't loading for me!

Looks great. Kinda prefer this one over the MotF VF-1J face design. :wub:

Just curious Kurisama, any chance you can create another version of this head with a VF-1J laser turrets? But still maintaining the design on the sides of the head. Thanks. ^_^

Same! Ask, and ye shall receive;

post-1623-0-92806800-1438921685_thumb.jpg

Next?

M_the_first_D_head.jpg

I dunno - not a fan of the design and also - how can you overhaul what is *to me* THE iconic valkyrie - first ever on-screen battroid reveal ?? <3

I think the visor is totally hidden in fighter mode

Yeah, that's how I envision it resting.

looks fantastic! will be made available on Shapeways yes?

Absoloutely! Just let me tweak some small tolerances here and there and a better cap-lock on internal parts and I'll upload - make it available separately to what else I have planned for this.

That Double plus head is looking fantastic, I might have to get one for my VF-1S. The VF-19 Advance definitely has that muscle-y bulge in the forearm near the elbow. With a counter contoured piece it could work, but that seems really complicated. I'll see if I can get some calipers to get some measurements, but without the right contour it'll probably be almost impossible.

Awesome! That'd be great, when u're ready - let me know and i'll draw what I need for you - is it possible to detach the arm or part of it to lay it on a scanner and scan it? Seems dumd - but I've used this technique on difficult pieces before to great effect.

BTW - has anyone go good, hi-rez, multi-angle pics of the arm and leg FAST pack style attachments?

Awesome! That'd be great, when u're ready - let me know and i'll draw what I need for you - is it possible to detach the arm or part of it to lay it on a scanner and scan it? Seems dumd - but I've used this technique on difficult pieces before to great effect.

BTW - has anyone go good, hi-rez, multi-angle pics of the arm and leg FAST pack style attachments?

I can probably scan it, I'd feel very uncomfortable detaching the arm on a brand new toy. I don't have a scanner so I'd have to take it into the university. Would a high quality photo work?

http://blog-imgs-54-origin.fc2.com/f/r/a/frameout/R0032703.jpg

Same pic as Valhary's Middle pic. It shows the 1/60 version with the front of the visor almost right at the landing gear bay doors. 28.25mm was the length I estimated measured.

Try this image if the link above doesn't work:

post-7577-0-80480500-1438930725_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr