Bandai Sv-262 DX valk

seti88

What are the odds the toy has cannons in the forearms too?

Right arm. By the gold part area. There's 2 barrels. During Fighter mode, that part rest near the top part of the fuselage before the cockpit area. I don't think the left arm has it since the shield is mounted on that arm.

Here's a photo of the TomyTec 1/144 Battroid kit from TagHobby. Looks like the barrel can pull out from the arm. Not sure if this is a feature also for the DX version.

R1610.jpg

If only Bandai has this proportion as well for the DX one, this will look awesome.

Edited by no3ljm

Noel, that's the cleanest pic I've seen of the Tomy Tec version yet. Nice grab. Seems the chest is a single piece, which is a smart move in my book. I'd been wondering how Bandai and others would deal with that aspect of the design (along with the shield). Tomy's version is hitting all my good buttons EXCEPT for size. The DX and Bandai kit look fine, but the compromises they have to make are all sorts of blegh...

If only the DX could hide those shield hinges somehow..the tomytec shield is proof how much nicer it could be.

Unfair comparison of course since the DX is a perfect transformation toy...Oh well win some lose some.

I think it is unlikely that the PT shield will change for the finished product. All my hopes lie in a second non-transforming shield piece like Bandai includes with their SoC releases.

I think it is unlikely that the PT shield will change for the finished product. All my hopes lie in a second non-transforming shield piece like Bandai includes with their SoC releases.

It would be nice if a shield piece was included, perfect transformation be dammed.

If they dont, it certainly opens up a opportunity for 3rd party shields.. ;)

I only just now noticed that the Tomy Tech kits are prepainted and only need to be assembled.

I preordered all of the Delta kits available. Hoping the final product looks as good as the promo pics.

Currently am 50-50 on the tomytec draken, tho partly due to which mode to get. Getting all 3 might be too much since i am also interested in a DX.

Mommar, Hopefully we are talking about the same thing.

q4LjmlQ.jpg

30zYlmW.jpg

Thanks for highlighting that, I couldn't tell it was there, certainly not prior to seeing the episode.

Oh hell, don't I feel like a dope. Looks like they used the arm cannons in episode 6 as well. That's what I get for watching on a phone in my Mom's hospital room.

Edited by Mommar

All this talk abt forearms guns, and in episode 8 it pops up...a DX gimmick i really would like to see!

post-15116-0-71354000-1464015606_thumb.jpg

AND WHAT IF, it also pop's up WHILE in fighter mode??

post-15116-0-64696000-1464015759.jpg

Double barrel guns right behind the cockpit!! :o:oB))

Now that would be awesome, although damm loud!

Cant wait till the DX gets released!!

For being knights, I haven't seen a sword yet...

I wanna bring up that I thought knight themed mechs with swords would be cool way back when frontier was airing, and it got shouted down as stupid and too much like Gundam.

I noticed in a couple episodes when this thing is flying in fighter mode, the gold highlights are hidden and then dramatically appear. What's that about? I couldn't tell if that was supposed to be significant somehow.

Probably something like active camo or something.

Battroid looking good! Those legs beef up battroid mode significantly!

attachicon.gifCjQqcs6WUAAVpZq.jpg

Looks like there are updates to the shield area as well.

White paint on shield hinges, so that the emblem stays more together! Nice touch! B))^_^

That is the 1/72 scale transformable kit. In case people think it's the DX Chogokin.

Source: http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/203057/

Edited by IXTL

Here are some more pictures from my earlier post from another thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=41926&p=1280729

A few more pictures of close ups and a view from under?

Nice! Thanks for the updates, Bub.

Still looking like Anubis. ;) The knee joint still looks awkward. It looks like the YF-21 joint only in reverse. ^_^

Nice! Thanks for the updates, Bub.

Still looking like Anubis. ;) The knee joint still looks awkward. It looks like the YF-21 joint only in reverse. ^_^

Glad to contribute to the community. I hope the pix help in the "reverse engineering" of the SV-262's transformation. Enjoy! ;)

Glad to contribute to the community. I hope the pix help in the "reverse engineering" of the SV-262's transformation. Enjoy! ;)

Or... the DX Draken is a case study for Bandai for their future DX YF-21? :ph34r::rolleyes:;)

All this talk abt forearms guns, and in episode 8 it pops up...a DX gimmick i really would like to see!

AND WHAT IF, it also pop's up WHILE in fighter mode??

attachicon.gifpost-7036-0-37689100-1463754839_thumb.jpg

Double barrel guns right behind the cockpit!! :o:oB))

Now that would be awesome, although damm loud!

Cant wait till the DX gets released!!

seems like the forearm guns do have hinges!

Yes, it looks like there are hinges on the top side of the gold band.

Tho in fighter mode the guns seem to tuck into the bumps behind the cockpit.

So am waiting to see if they can be untucked and popped up in fighter mode. :rolleyes:

The Draken looks kinda fat from the side.

Maybe they should just release a fighter-only DX that's slimmed down. It's not like Keith or Messer know how to transform anyways

There's model kits for that. Yeah they aren't DX level sturdy but... still.

All I can say is that QC on this toy will be crucial. With the number of parts shifting about and the smooth fighter mode, assembly tolerances will have to be extremely small. If the factory just phones it in, this'll be a gappy floppy mess.

There's model kits for that. Yeah they aren't DX level sturdy but... still.

I wasn't being serious, Just wanted to poke fun at the boring "ace" dogfights between keith and messer and how they never transform

OOh, look, my Arch nemesis!!

scissors moves, scissors moves...

GARRAGAG VAR syndrome GAAGGGARG, more scissors moves....never using gerwalk or battroid...even...once

Anyways back on topic...

I just hope the production model doesn't look so gappy from the side. If the production-release is gappy like that I'll prolly skip this DX and get a model kit instead

Edited by Duymon

I wasn't being serious, Just wanted to poke fun at the boring "ace" dogfights between keith and messer and how they never transform

OOh, look, my Arch nemesis!!

scissors moves, scissors moves...

GARRAGAG VAR syndrome GAAGGGARG, more scissors moves....never using gerwalk or battroid...even...once

Anyways back on topic...

I just hope the production model doesn't look so gappy from the side. If the production-release is gappy like that I'll prolly skip this DX and get a model kit instead

Did you forget about their space duel they had a few episodes back? They were jumping and flying around the asteroids in gerwalk mode.