Arcadia 1/60 VF-0S & VF-0A

joppewo

How does that work? Am I able to cancel? I've already had my original order cancelled by an online retailer here in Australia. I didn't chase it then because the money could be put to better use. No keen to have it happen again :(

Amiami frowns upon cancellation requests, but it's not impossible if you ask nicely and/or make a compelling case. The thing with a back-order, though, is that it pretty much works the same as a pre-order -- you won't be charged until they have the item ready to ship.

If you scroll down on the item's page you will see the following:

About Back-order Items

This item is back-ordered from the wholesaler and will take approximately 1 to 2 weeks before it is ready to be shipped. Please understand that in some rare cases we may not be able to source your item if it is sold out at our distributors.

Well, if the 0A's are sitting around everywhere in Japan does that mean we'll be able to pick up some extras super cheap by Christmas?

Dollars to donuts they'll go on markdown well before then.

At a certain point stores will move to clear inventory.

-b.

I would love a VF-0A... I'm hoping for the next HLJ sale.

It was on sale a while ago, had a substantial discount. Most likely gonna get lowered even further next time.

Let's hope so... For 20k yens or less, I might consider getting one.

i think it was around 21-23k last time, not really sure, but its near of what you want to pay.

Great, I'll keep an eye open. My vf-0s is feeling lonely on his shelf... ;)

lol i was kinda lucky when i got it. I ordered and paid for a VF-1 annyversario, but by a warehouse mistake my order couldnt be fullfilled, so hlj as an apology gave a me a 20% discount code, so i cancelled all my preorders and ordered everything i could under that code. that valk cost me around 23k i think before shipping at realease.

Edited by Mr Bomber

Guest davidwhangchoi

Good to hear, post some pics! B))

ok i checked the hips/leg ball joint connectors and gave it a full range of motion. i used the extenders. and tested the ankles full range.

everything checks out:

i checked inside the heatshield where the clear canopy slides in and housed in Battroid. all the pins have been filed down perfectly with no chance of scraping the windshield.

bMI1mxP.jpg

imEN9Zg.jpg

So the issue of the pins scraping the cockpit canopy is present in the VF-0D and VF-0A? I have 2 of each but have not played with them. I did take out a VF-0D but it has never left fighter mode. If the problem is present, is there an easy way to fix those pins? I recall seeing pics where people where using tape to prevent it, but I would prefer a more permanent solution .

ok i checked the hips/leg ball joint connectors and gave it a full range of motion. i used the extenders. and tested the ankles full range.

everything checks out:

i checked inside the heatshield where the clear canopy slides in and housed in Battroid. all the pins have been filed down perfectly with no chance of scraping the windshield.

bMI1mxP.jpg

imEN9Zg.jpg

Nice! So clearly the VF-0S earns the title "Third time's a charm". B))

If Arcadia does go ahead with the CF VF-0A, I would hope that everything that makes the 0S a success will be incorporated into that toy as well.

You could probably just file it down. Just take off the nose for better access.

Really, you can take off that section? I'll go check when I get home.

I've got disassembly pics of the old Yamato one buried somewhere on the forum, but the structure is basically identical for the Arcadia one from what I've seen. The thing to keep in mind is that pulling the nose apart might let some smaller pieces for the landing gear doors fall out, but I'm not sure the Arcadia version uses the same little parts.

Yeah it's easy to remove. You have to remove a screw under the pitot tube and another inside the landing gear bay. Then it just comes right apart in the middle.

Thanks! will sure try this for my VF-1A Shin.

everything checks out:

*snip*

Good to know that it turned out ok. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Despite all the flaws, the price was reasonable this time. I was trying to buy it, but I had problems with the page not loading.

I gave up and waited for a few hours and it was too late. It's all right, there might be another version of this VF with all the problems fixed as it is with the VF-0S.