Kurisama's Custom 1/60 Upgrades & Add-ons

Kurisama

Potentials for my next set of Custom Parts;  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Potentials for my next set of 1/60 Custom Parts;

• 1/60 APS-11 Armour for the VF-11
    • 1/60 '21 & '22 New Feet, Ankle and Shin parts to be Anime Accurate + other minor parts
    • 1/60 Queadluun Nona conversion pieces including new back-pack and new head sculpt
    • 1/60 Ghost X-9
    • 1/60 Anime-accurate GU-15 Gunpod for Arcadia YF-19
    • 1/60 Frontier FAST Packs for the Arcadia YF-19
    • Other? Please comment below!

Awesome - please post pics of it - I haven't been able to order one as yet.

Will do once I receive it from Shapeways. ;) By the way, Kurisama, is there any concern if I use the long laser turrets instead of the short ones, would it sit flushed during fighter mode? Thanks!

The only concern is the material strength. If you like I can upload the turrets in metal or wsf?

Whether they sit flush or not, not 100% sure, but it should be pretty close.

Thanks for the fast reply, Kurisama. Sure, that will help. But let us see the item first when it arrives. If I'm going for the long turret in the end, then I will let you know if the metal one if more sufficient. I was just looking at your drawing and the long turret ones is more open wide than straight like the 1J, that's why it made me think if it's going to sit straight in fighter mode. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Kurisama. Got the VF-1X++ head from Shapeways today. I already sand off some of the parts for test-fitting. And it looks great! I love it. I'm planning to use the long head turrets but when I transform it into Valkyrie mode, the turrets were kinda wide open so I will end up using the short ones for Valkyrie mode. And just use the long ones when it displayed in Battroid mode. ;)

Here's some photos during test-fitting:

IMG_1077_zpscf1zffat.jpg

IMG_1078_zpstbz8es2n.jpg

IMG_1082_zpsafd8uafk.jpg

IMG_1084_zpsjtcstqiw.jpg

IMG_1083_zpsuzbmesfv.jpg

IMG_1080_zpsasqyp482.jpg

IMG_1081_zpsmksqombn.jpg

IMG_1086_zpsdtdxf90a.jpg

IMG_1085_zpsaylh1rjp.jpg

IMG_1087_zpsbzwcd4ls.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've got mine as well. It looks great. I was able to score the actual Frameout version, so I'm gonna do a comparison of the two. This one is a solid design though. I think I prefer it better. I really need to get the rest of the parts though. Not the Fast pack parts. I know those will be a lot of work, but the verniers on the nose, the fat wings, the shortene tail fins, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to put in my "other" vote for better, tighter missiles for the Yamato version VF-4G One has already been lost (an arm mounted one) and in a household that has 2 and 8 year old kids, losing more feels like just a matter of time. I know how to "tighten" with superglue, nail polish etc. but that doesn't bring the lost missile back. My other option is to wait until 3-D copying becomes more accessible i guess.

Hey Kurisama. Got the VF-1X++ head from Shapeways today. I already sand off some of the parts for test-fitting. And it looks great! I love it. I'm planning to use the long head turrets but when I transform it into Valkyrie mode, the turrets were kinda wide open so I will end up using the short ones for Valkyrie mode. And just use the long ones when it displayed in Battroid mode. ;)

Here's some photos during test-fitting:

IMG_1082_zpsafd8uafk.jpg

IMG_1081_zpsmksqombn.jpg

IMG_1087_zpsbzwcd4ls.jpg

!!!!! DUDE! I'm sorry I haven't responded before - not sure how I missed this! Looks pretty cool, if i don't say so myself. Please update with more pics!! And also, thank you for buying the kit!!

Whoaa this head is really nice! I don't understand why Macross the Ride is still not exploited by a Toy company

I know right? I'd love a slew of custom, hot-rodded valks!

damn it! looks so good reminds me the vf 2j

I love that head sculpt too!!!

Prime that sucker!

I concur!

I've got mine as well. It looks great. I was able to score the actual Frameout version, so I'm gonna do a comparison of the two. This one is a solid design though. I think I prefer it better. I really need to get the rest of the parts though. Not the Fast pack parts. I know those will be a lot of work, but the verniers on the nose, the fat wings, the shortene tail fins, etc.

Whats the frameout version? Would love to see. Thank you for your kind words :) I will get to them one day, but I'm busy and tired these days!

I would like to put in my "other" vote for better, tighter missiles for the Yamato version VF-4G One has already been lost (an arm mounted one) and in a household that has 2 and 8 year old kids, losing more feels like just a matter of time. I know how to "tighten" with superglue, nail polish etc. but that doesn't bring the lost missile back. My other option is to wait until 3-D copying becomes more accessible i guess.

This is a very viable possibility. I have the VF-4 within arms reach here :)

underbody.gif

I'm proposing this as your next project. Covers to hide the swing bars on the new VF-2SS.

The image/gif is not mine, but it works perfectly.

OMG, the shamozzle that was the VF-2SS... I almost pulled the trigger on this, but then I became poor - luckily, it seems. That is an AWESOME gif, very clever - I wonder what other improvements could be made to that............. I like the idea tho - verrrrrry much.

Now all we need is send Kurisama a copy of VF-2SS so he can measure and test it. ^_^

That's how it'd have to be - I don't own one. If this did happen, I'd need someone to send it to me, which would of course be sent back. I'm in the start of semester at uni again, however - so pretty busy for a while, but I often find I work best when I'm not supposed to be working on whatever 'it' may be. Take from that what you will.

I ordered a VF-4 head a while back hoping to have it ready for when the Arcadia VF-4 arrives, but my gunpla friend who is working on it for me says its not going to turn out well.

My first order was in WSFP, when I should have ordered in FUD. So I have ordered another one in FUD.

!!!!! DUDE! I'm sorry I haven't responded before - not sure how I missed this! Looks pretty cool, if i don't say so myself. Please update with more pics!! And also, thank you for buying the kit!!

I know right? I'd love a slew of custom, hot-rodded valks!

I love that head sculpt too!!!

I concur!

Whats the frameout version? Would love to see. Thank you for your kind words :) I will get to them one day, but I'm busy and tired these days!

This is a very viable possibility. I have the VF-4 within arms reach here :)

OMG, the shamozzle that was the VF-2SS... I almost pulled the trigger on this, but then I became poor - luckily, it seems. That is an AWESOME gif, very clever - I wonder what other improvements could be made to that............. I like the idea tho - verrrrrry much.

That's how it'd have to be - I don't own one. If this did happen, I'd need someone to send it to me, which would of course be sent back. I'm in the start of semester at uni again, however - so pretty busy for a while, but I often find I work best when I'm not supposed to be working on whatever 'it' may be. Take from that what you will.

If someone is willing to send you a VF-2SS to study, I would say go for it!!!

I have somewhere a folder with a few pictures of the Frameout addons for the VF-1. I can leave you an email with everything zipped, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Heck yeah! I can't wait to see how that turns out! Never worked with custom parts like this before.

I haven't worked them either. :lol: I don't have the skills and equipment to do a good job on it, let along even a decent job on it. I am handing these parts over to my buddy who is a gunpla guy to work on.

I do have a question to everyone on this head, I have searched for designation for the head. Would the designation be a VF-4C? I just want to make sure I label it correctly when I am posting photos.

Edited by Saburo

I haven't worked them either. :lol: I don't have the skills and equipment to do a good job on it, let along even a decent job on it. I am handing these parts over to my buddy who is a gunpla guy to work on.

I do have a question to everyone on this head, I have searched for designation for the head. Would the designation be a VF-4C? I just want to make sure I label it correctly when I am posting photos.

I'm honestly not even sure. I know it's around somewhere, but I haven't paid attention to it as of late. As far as your FUD parts, I've worked a little on these types of materials, and IMO, getting the best result from it is to start with a wash of water and Simple Green. Simple Green is a very good and strong de-greaser, and soaking it in that stuff, then using an old toothbrush to take off the caked on material is what I start with. It will make it look more translucent as you brush it. I do that twice, then go to an 800 grit sandpaper, then wash off with water, then use a 1200 grit and finish with Simple Green wash again. I don't do a lot of sanding because the paint will fill in a lot of the scan lines, but always test fit prior to painting. It will give you an idea if you need any putty in places, or need more sanding in others. FUD is really accurate, so the measurments are usually pretty spot on, but the sanding can change all that. Anyways, that's how I work with that. If everyone has their own way, cool. If not, I hope that helps.

I'm honestly not even sure. I know it's around somewhere, but I haven't paid attention to it as of late. As far as your FUD parts, I've worked a little on these types of materials, and IMO, getting the best result from it is to start with a wash of water and Simple Green. Simple Green is a very good and strong de-greaser, and soaking it in that stuff, then using an old toothbrush to take off the caked on material is what I start with. It will make it look more translucent as you brush it. I do that twice, then go to an 800 grit sandpaper, then wash off with water, then use a 1200 grit and finish with Simple Green wash again. I don't do a lot of sanding because the paint will fill in a lot of the scan lines, but always test fit prior to painting. It will give you an idea if you need any putty in places, or need more sanding in others. FUD is really accurate, so the measurments are usually pretty spot on, but the sanding can change all that. Anyways, that's how I work with that. If everyone has their own way, cool. If not, I hope that helps.

Thanks much appreciated Jasonc! I'll pass that info to my buddy, the more information the better. :D

Edited by Saburo

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna begin work soon on the VF-4 head, as well as the MtF head. I've been able to finally locate the other Frameout head, so I'll try to get some pics done today when I get home. Kurisama, is there anything you're working on now that we can look forward to?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...