I live near a fire station, and right at the end of the vid where the due and the dog walk away and it fades to the Bethesda screen, the fire sirens started going off. It made for a cool effect.

Love these games, and the graphics look like they've been tweeked. I hope there are drivable vehicles this time around. It'd be awesome to fly a vertibird.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hey! Who's gonna be playing this game, and what are you playing it on? What kind of character build are you going to use? :)

I'm getting it on PC. Small form factor rig: i7 5775C, 16GB RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked, 256GB/1TB SSD/HDD.

I actually took days off from work to play this. Thinking of going with an Intelligence/Agility build; faster leveling and harder to hit. How about you guys? :lol:

Edited by Drad

Aw dammit, what a stupid time to have kids.

Yeah, babies definitely cut into gaming time. My gaming rig used to be on all day every day, and since my daughter was born in July I rarely turn my computer on. I wound up buying a Razer laptop in the hopes that a more portable form factor might give me some flexibility.

In any case, no baby is going to stop me from playing Fallout 4! For one thing, my daughter and my wife go to bed around 8:30, but I usually stay up until midnight. I consider that time my free time, and since I'm the stay-at-home parent I catch up on missing sleep by napping when the baby does.

But, my wife's taking a couple vacation days around Thanksgiving. I already let her know that I'll be cramming in some Fallout time while she's home.

Hey! Who's gonna be playing this game, and what are you playing it on? What kind of character build are you going to use? :)

I'm getting it on PC. Small form factor rig: i7 5775C, 16GB RAM, GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked, 256GB/1TB SSD/HDD.

I actually took days off from work to play this. Thinking of going with an Intelligence/Agility build; faster leveling and harder to hit. How about you guys? :lol:

Me, gaming PC, and if it's like 3 and NV, my primary focus will be small guns. I'm the kind of wastelander that solves his problems by shooting them in the face.

I'll have to see how large the download is and how well it runs. I'll either run it on my gaming desktop (i7-3770k, 16GB RAM, GTX 970) or my Razer Blade (i7-4720HQ, 8GB RAM, GTX 970M).

Yeah, babies definitely cut into gaming time. My gaming rig used to be on all day every day, and since my daughter was born in July I rarely turn my computer on. I wound up buying a Razer laptop in the hopes that a more portable form factor might give me some flexibility.

In any case, no baby is going to stop me from playing Fallout 4! For one thing, my daughter and my wife go to bed around 8:30, but I usually stay up until midnight. I consider that time my free time, and since I'm the stay-at-home parent I catch up on missing sleep by napping when the baby does.

But, my wife's taking a couple vacation days around Thanksgiving. I already let her know that I'll be cramming in some Fallout time while she's home.

I got twins, so free time to frag with my crew let alone solo gaming time is pretty much nil. I'm guessing when I do get some Fallout 4 time, it'll be in the "Greatest Hits" lineup :p . I'll have to live vicariously through your tales of Deathclaw duelin' for now. But damn, this game had me at footage of customizable power suits.

Guest davidwhangchoi

All good! For the first time, consoles will have access to PC mods, so you won't be missing out on that awesomeness. :)

good to know!

I'll be getting it for PS4, even have the fancy pip boy edition :p . I'll probably run a high strength so I can carry everything and maybe some luck on the side.

i got the pip boy edition ordered a while back.... now, should i wear it around.lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I got twins, so free time to frag with my crew let alone solo gaming time is pretty much nil. I'm guessing when I do get some Fallout 4 time, it'll be in the "Greatest Hits" lineup :p . I'll have to live vicariously through your tales of Deathclaw duelin' for now. But damn, this game had me at footage of customizable power suits.

I don't know if I should offer my congratulations or my condolences! My daughter's pretty demanding for a 3-month old. She refused a bottle for the first week after my wife went back to work, if she's awake and not being entertained by a toy/TV show/ceiling fan she will yell at us for not paying enough attention to her, she won't sit in a swing for an extended period even if we are paying attention to her, and while she sleeps pretty good at night she'll cry if she gets tired during the day (as babies are wont to do), but won't sleep in her crib. I have to rock her to sleep, then lay down with my head and shoulders propped up and have her sleep on top of my chest and stomach. I can't do any sort of housework, shower, or even poop until my wife gets home because my daughter will get upset that I'm not with her. When I set her down for lunch, which is usually just a bowl of cereal, I have to scarf it down fast before she gets pissed. A typical day for me is wake up (because baby woke up, not because I wanted to), change baby, play with baby, feed baby, rock baby to sleep, nap with baby, repeat until wife gets home around 6:00-6:30pm. I can barely handle the one; I think I'd lose my mind if there were two of her!

They're totally worth it, though. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing my daughter smile at me (and lucky me, at 3 months she's already a daddy's girl).

But seriously, thank Primus that my wife is taking time off. I wanna play Fallout!

They're totally worth it, though. There is nothing that makes me happier than seeing my daughter smile at me (and lucky me, at 3 months she's already a daddy's girl).

But seriously, thank Primus that my wife is taking time off. I wanna play Fallout!

I hear you, I totally feel the same way about my little barbarians. And the way they change week by week astounds me.

As much as I'd love to set up a gaming rig for Fallout 4, I think I'll have to go with a console to play it. Console friendly mods sound great, but would it better to go with the Xbone or the PS4?

I just recently learned about this:

post-18-0-85475500-1446863227_thumb.jpg

All this time I thought he was just giving a thumbs up.