All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

So many memories from that era evoked. I was in HS at the time, aside from college admissions, SAT's, AP Exams, etc. ... no real world worries. After I got my admissions letter to my school of choice I spent a nice chunk of time shooting hoops, chilling with friends, preparing for college, and vegging in front of the PSX, not a care in the world, the present was great and the future was bright.

I'm drunk, and depressed. Just needed to vent...

Maybe I should just grab Xenogears from the PSN store this weekend. :)

Wow, you O.K. man? I got out of the crazy period that is university admissions last year, and I understand what you mean when you say that it is bliss after you get that admissions letter. Hope things work out for the better, and that bliss returns.

Also, anyone pick up Ghost Recon Future Soldier? I picked it up today, and it's pretty awesome. I know it's gotten very mixed reviews (generally positive), but if you're a fan of high tech warfare well beyond what was seen in Advanced Warfighter 2, and you like a more tactical or stealth based game more so than the free lance nature of COD, then you'll fall in love with this game.

From going transparent while sneaking to lining up sync shots to blasting away hours of fun in guerilla mode with a friend in splitscreen, the game really does have a lot to offer. It's been a while since I've liked a game this much...

@ Chronocidal:

Thanks for the heads-up!

I'll be watching the youtube clips from the Lightning DLC. A game without a real ending does not warrant any more money being dumped on it.

I listened to this today and shed a single manly tear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnkucSov4g

So many memories from that era evoked. I was in HS at the time, aside from college admissions, SAT's, AP Exams, etc. ... no real world worries. After I got my admissions letter to my school of choice I spent a nice chunk of time shooting hoops, chilling with friends, preparing for college, and vegging in front of the PSX, not a care in the world, the present was great and the future was bright.

I'm drunk, and depressed. Just needed to vent...

Maybe I should just grab Xenogears from the PSN store this weekend. :)

Yeah, that game dug up some good memories for me as well; feeling all warm and fuzzy right now. Was a few months from starting college, when I played Xenogears.

That reminds me---where's my Figma/Revoltech Weltall?!?!?! (though Id's would probably sell better---gotta admit it looks cooler)

Due to Fei's fighting style, few "giant mecha" could utilize the extreme posability better.

I was bit by the Final Fantasy bug around the time Xenogears was on the shelves so much of my gaming interest was focused in FF7 and rumors of FF8 at the time. A friend of mine offered to let me borrow it during class once but I never got around to taking him up on it. I finally played and beat the game recently but I honestly wish I had played it back then. Many of the used hard copies I've seen go pretty high in the price range.

Little blurb I just read: SHADOW OF THE COLOSSUS---director Josh Trank is in talks with Sony Pictures to develop a movie based on the video game.

It's nothing without the music. They need the original composer, period.

Of course, considering that entire game was basically a silent narrative of exploration, Hollywood wouldn't allow it to be like that, so it'll share nothing of the original's feel/spirit.

There's a trick for Xenogears, although is does entail opening the tray to your Playstation to switch disks. You boot up the Making of Lunar: The Silver Star Story Complete disk, wait about 20 seconds then you switch the disk for either Xenogears disk. When you do that, every cutscene plays, including the end credits. I still have my black label copy of the game, and I'm never giving that thing up.

I still hum the overworld theme to myself every once in awhile. The genus of Chrono Trigger still strikes gold.

I just wish they would find an engine that works and stick with it to tell the whole Xenosaga story (hell, I loved the original engine for Xenogears, but too bad that Square probably wouldn't give it up; Namco would've made a killing instead of killing off the franchise).

This ad still doesn't get old, even after 12 years. B))

I loved Syphon Filter 1-3. Then the series went South with Omega Strain and the PSP sequels. Logan's Shadow was alright but left a serious cliffhanger of an ending. There have been rumors of a PS3 Syphon Filter for some time now. It seems the chances of a Syphon Filter 4 being announced soon could actually come to pass. Keeping my fingers crossed.

been playing diabloIII. account got hacked today. While it's annoying, I can only say that Blizzard is fvcking out of their mind if they want to put in real money transactions into their piss poor security battle.net system.

A little more than a week and Gundam SEED Battle Desitny will street. The official site has tons of pic's in the MS section

http://gbd.channel.or.jp/

And from the looks of it, everything and the kitchen sink will definately be in this game, with no sign of DLC BS. Lacus(Meer) Zaku? Yup, it's in there. Some crazy Windum that looks like the V2? Yup, that's in there too!

On the one hand, I liked Lords of Shadow, although it never really felt like "Castlevania" to me.

On the other hand, it's not the 2D Metroidvania we all hoped it would be.

I wonder where Trevor Belmont fits in this chapter. I'm grateful it isn't a metroidvania again.

Edited by Black Valkyrie

Well Konami released the opening cutscene for its Z.O.E. HD Collection.

I really don't know what the point was of the nude Ken scene. Other then that, it was an okay opening.

I still want a ZOE 3 announcement.

Edited by Shadow

been playing diabloIII. account got hacked today. While it's annoying, I can only say that Blizzard is fvcking out of their mind if they want to put in real money transactions into their piss poor security battle.net system.

That really sucks. Do you have the Authenticator? I've heard of some accounts being hacked...even some accounts that have the Authenticator. I've really been enjoying Diablo III...when the servers have been up that is. This has to be one of the worst video game launches...

Well Konami released the opening cutscene for its Z.O.E. HD Collection.

I really don't know what the point was of the nude Ken scene. Other then that, it was an okay opening.

I still want a ZOE 3 announcement.

I've never played a ZOE game but I've always wanted to. It's nice to know they're making a HD Collection. Thanks for sharing that.

The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim: Dawnguard DLC is coming out this summer. The official trailer down below.

Edited by Oihan

Meh... no FF Versus XIII, No Half Life 3.

the thing is, Half Life 2 episode 3 actually has to COME OUT before they can make half life 3.

:edit:

oh, I'm also excited for Crysis 3, although I'm probably the only person who still cares at this point.

Edited by anime52k8

So anyways, E3 isn't until Tuesday, but most of the trailers for new games are already out. And I've got to say, out of all the trailers I've seen, this is by far the best. Honestly, I don't give a crap about this franchise, and there where a bunch of other trailers that have me more excited for their respective games, but this one is So unbelievably stupid and ridiculous that I have to give it special attention:

Edited by anime52k8

the thing is, Half Life 2 episode 3 actually has to COME OUT before they can make half life 3.

Did Valve ever promise a 3rd episode? It's been a very long time since Episode 2 already, it would be somewhat of a joke if they released "the next big thing" as episodic content... 5 years after part 2.

My gut feeling is that they'll just skip to HL3 :) .

I kinda wish they'd keep all the reveals until E3, it used to be a really exciting time as a gamer. Now it seems to barely matter. It seems like Nintendo may have the most surprises, which is fine. But dear god, not everything needs a pre-E3 trailer or a reveal in Game Informer.

Did Valve ever promise a 3rd episode? It's been a very long time since Episode 2 already, it would be somewhat of a joke if they released "the next big thing" as episodic content... 5 years after part 2.

My gut feeling is that they'll just skip to HL3 :) .

Well, they wanted to push game-engine updates and content on a shorter basis (i.e., 2 years for a new game vs. 6 months for DLC) with the Episodes but they never promised Episode 3. At this point, they might as well just release HL3.

Well, they wanted to push game-engine updates and content on a shorter basis (i.e., 2 years for a new game vs. 6 months for DLC) with the Episodes but they never promised Episode 3. At this point, they might as well just release HL3.

Actually they did promise an episode 3, all the way back in 2006. The original plan was always 3 episodes, and they where still saying it was going to be episode 3 as late as the beginning of 2011.

Actually they did promise an episode 3, all the way back in 2006. The original plan was always 3 episodes, and they where still saying it was going to be episode 3 as late as the beginning of 2011.

At this point, they might as well just release HL3.

:)

About the Hitman trailer; I'm just a sucker for the franchise. Violence is nothing new to Hitman, and 47's never been known to be chivalrous about the subject of killing women. But gangsta nuns in latex?

On another subject, too bad Tomb Raider's been delayed to next year. At least there's still RE 6 and the ZOE HD collection to look forward to.