Yamato 1/60 Britai Softbi Figure Coming 2010

Save

I actually wasn't even able to stop by the Yamato booth today at WF but I did see a picture of the sign they had with Character art announcing the 2010 release of a 1/60 scale Britai Softbi Figure.

THIS is an absolute GRAIL PIECE for me! I've been wanting Zentradi figures – especially Britai – since the early 80's. And no, those godawful Robotech Matchbox figures don't count.

WANT!!!!!!!!

Guys, we need to make sure this line does well. I need Milia, Kamjin, Exedol, Laplamiz, Generic Zent soldiers, DYRL versions, the 3 spies, etc. etc.

BEST news I've read in a long time!

Great news. I was wondering why Yamato doesn't apply its figure line prowess to the Macross line...

Isn't the CMs/Yamato Milia 639 figure supposed to be 1/60 scale?

The Britai figure will be 22.5cm (8.8 inches).

The CMS/Yamato Milia figure is well below 6 inches.

Scaling issues?

Britai is the larger sized Zent than the standard troopers. I would expect Miria to be sized off of the standard trooper, if not a bit smaller for being female.

The Britai figure will be 22.5cm (8.8 inches).

The CMS/Yamato Milia figure is well below 6 inches.

Scaling issues?

Not at all. If you check the art books, Britai is unusually tall for a Zentradi. He towers over other characters. Milia is also short.

Oh wow. I was just watching that episode. 8.8 inches is just right. If you watch him kick around hikarus valk. They stand at the same height.

If it's vinyl then the articulation will be limited.

The bad thing is that I've had extremely bad experiences with yamato and all their figures. My Appleseed figures crumbled at the joints. The bubblegum crisis figures are kinda loose and don't get me started with the crappy megazone Shogo. But if it's vinyl then it'll be a statue so. I guess it's moot.

I was watching that episode because I was thinking of making 1/60 zents to go with my 1/60 crew. Now I guess I won't have to. Now I'll just wait. I do have one of those TRex soldiers coming.

I'm not a big believer in scale when it comes to the aliens. The zentradi soldier Max knocked out to steal his uniform also happened to be as tall as a VF-1 battroid?

I'm still considering making 1/10 figs of our heroes. I wonder if Yamato has any plans.

Softbi = soft vinyl.

$80 for a Yamato action figure? I can't wait. *sarcasm* Maybe they can put it in a big arse box and justify the price...

I wish someone like McFarlane/NECA would just buy the darn rights... then we can get something cheap and collectible. =)

Buy hey, any new Macross product is always good news.

Edited by fifbeat

$80 for a Yamato action figure? I can't wait. *sarcasm* Maybe they can put it in a big arse box and justify the price...

I wish someone like McFarlane/NECA would just buy the darn rights... then we can get something cheap and collectible. =)

Buy hey, any new Macross product is always good news.

Ugh. Don't like McFarlane or Neca wanna be figure statues. Plus it'll be robotech if it was, which means it's never gonna happen because toynami has that cornered.

I like those guys that make them awesome Final Fantasy figs.

Well. Vinyl means I'm gonna make my own articulated figures.

Was the $80 price point a joke or did I miss something?

wow, less than 4 hours after we find out about something and we're already bitching and RAAAGE! about it.

golf claps all around MW ;)

Edited by anime52k8

wow, less than 4 hours after we find out about something and we're already bitching and RAAAGE! about it.

golf claps all around MW ;)

what are you talking about? I sense that people are genrally happy about it. A few discussion about scale... maybe it's just the way we look at posts.

I've never seen Migraine Britai wail on a valk like this!!!

>>>WARNING:Turn down volume... Robotech version (couldn't find Macross on youtube) :p

Look how the Zentradi grunts are just as tall as his shoulder...

And Rick calls the gunpod a missile... lol

Pass. If it was a DYRL I might buy it, but I never liked the TV version of Breetai.

Graham

Man, some of the apathy in this thread is absolutely shocking to me. This news is more exciting than most recent product announcments. We're getting BRITAI, for f's sake! Macross is more than just pretty transforming planes. I've been wanting figures of the Zentradi for ages. How cool would it be to display the giants near the valkyries?! You know, the REASON variable fighters were created in the first place?!

Well, there goes any chances of this line taking off. When even Graham is passing, future enemy soldiers look more and more like a distant dream. I know I'm being a bit dramatic, but if fans don't speak with their wallets, this line is history...and the lame stereotype of Macross fans only being in it for the valks grows more weight.