How Are You Going To Celebrate?

VF-15 Banshee

It would be interesting to see the BluRay. What I find wih older shows like anime that was made for TV is that they look weird in high def. It is not like film that is already higher res than Blu Ray so it looks good. I mean the Akira Anime on blu ray looked good since it was made on 35mm. Macross though was 16mm and cheaply made at that. So for my purposes the US Animeigo DVD set looks great. Now that is running on my Bluray Player that is upscanning it to 1080p. Colors look good and I really like how Animeigo does their sub titles.

I have been busy! :) I've watched both the OVA and the movie of Macross Plus, all of the Macross 7 P*L*U*S* shorts, the Macross 7 Encore episodes (Fleet of the Strongest Women is still my favorite) and The Galaxy is Calling Me. I just started watching my favorite episodes of the main 7 series, then it's on to Dynamite 7. And I still do not understand that Mylene rape scene.

Thanks! I had no idea they were subcontracting work. Same thing happened on the US Batman Animated series..

Either way it's funny how Macross can look phenominal one episode and then very flat and off in another. Not as consistant as others of the era.

Just finished "Goodbye Girl"

Great episode and one that is animated well. Nice after 2 shoddy looking episodes in a row. Of course up next is "Virgin Road" which has some of the worst animation in Macross history.

I'm doing my anniversary re-watch of SDFM. I had kind of forgotten how impressively animated and choreographed (for the time) the sequence in episode 2 is, were Minmay is rescued in mid-air by HIkaru, after his battroid had it's arm shot off. It's no wonder it's been referenced by other anime.

I still love how Milia throws Komilla over to Misa. LMAO.

I was watching the episode of M7 where Milia is looking nostalgically at her VF-1 and I thought, "Yeah Lady, that the Valk that you carted your baby daughter around in a medical capsule!" :D

Well, I finished going through my fav episodes of Macross 7, which amounted to some 12-15 episodes or so. There's some good stuff there, like the DYRL episode, the Mylene-and-Basara-nearly-freeze episode, the one where Mylene tries to get her parents back together, the Valkyrie festival ep, the ones where Sivil possess Lex and Akiko and of course, Operation: Stargazer and the finale. One thing I thought of in this second run through was that Gepelnitch seemed to be taking an unnecessary risk by using his Protodeviln body.

Now it's on to Dynamite 7 and Macross Zero! After that the Frontier TV series, then Macross II and wrapping it all up with the Frontier movies. Maybe by then FB7 will be "available."

I'm also using all this Macross to dull the pain from watching ZZ Gundam and SEED Destiny.

Guys. That HG news does not belong here. Either start a new thread or let it drop. Thanks.

I am on the last few episodes. I forgot that the last 2 are pretty dang awesome.

Kamjin becomes so fun to watch especially in Romanesque.

Now just one left and I will probably get to it tonight.

Finished watching Macross Zero and watched the Deculture edition of the first episode of Frontier. My opinion on Zero hasn't changed much; I still think it's the weakest entry in the franchise. In fact, I would go so far as to say that without the Valkyries, the UN Spacy kite and Roy Fokker, you probably wouldn't know Zero is supposed to be a Macross OVA.