Homeworld2 Demo tommorrow!

one_klump

heh heh, glad you guys liked it :)

I am about to play it, although I am going to make some logo's first just in case :)

Now, we just need to import some Macross ships...

Mmmm, Macross 7 goodness...

from what i gater i think only the people who have the same tga file can see the same badge online, i had a united nations logo i tryed online but they couldnt see it so it revirts to the homeworld wings logo on theres

note: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php...&threadid=15092 heres the homeworld2 badge tuteral(i know i cant spell) for photoshop

Edited by evirus

from what i gater i think only the people who have the same tga file can see the same badge online, i had a united nations logo i tryed online but they couldnt see it so it revirts to the homeworld wings logo on theres

note: http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php...&threadid=15092 heres the homeworld2 badge tuteral(i know i cant spell) for photoshop

Yep. It happens all the time in other games. For example, a person can only see a custom model in Jedi Outcast if both he and the other players have the custom model in their proper folder. :)

I wonder if they also have the TNG/DS9/VOY Starfleet Chevron that is on all Starfleet ships. :ph34r:

I also think they introduced a new type of vessel that is inbetween the Fighter and Corvette.......it's the Gunship. :D

the gunship is a type of corvett

theres the fighters which are

scout

intercepter

bomber

theres the corvetts which are

gunship

pulsar gunship

theres the frigets which are

flak friget(anti fighter class)

torpedo friget(anti corvett/friget)

ion friget(anti capital ship/friget)

theres platforms which are

gun platform

ion cannon platform

the platforms funtcion like probes with weapons they can only move once and after that they can only attack

some ships in the final release will only be built in the ship yard wich is a massive capital class ship that is hyperpaced in to the battle after purchased and crunstructed

more info at this link http://well-of-souls.com/homeworld/hws/hw2/index.html

this site shows all ships that have been seen in vidoes demos and screenshots to determine there role in the ship discription the guy will state weather it has been taken out of the game,changed,or what not

theres tons of screenshots and info in the offical forms at http://forums.relicnews.com/ under homeworld 2

Sounds like they finally added some strategy to HW.

My other gripe with the game... unit capping.... why oh why?!?!?!?! :angry:

I thought unit capping was in the original HW too? "Maximum number of assault frigates reached..." "Maximum number of blah blah blah...." which is why salvage was always such an attractive option. Bridge of Sighs, mmm.... :D

Edited by Akilae

what ? No destroyer or battlecruiser in the demo yet ? :(

Damn, I couldn't wait to see those behemoth in action <_<

I love the original HW, must have this one, I'm downloading the demo tonight :D

Turned it into a Macross MOD, hmmmmm B)

Sounds like they finally added some strategy to HW.

My other gripe with the game... unit capping.... why oh why?!?!?!?! :angry:

I thought unit capping was in the original HW too? "Maximum number of assault frigates reached..." "Maximum number of blah blah blah...." which is why salvage was always such an attractive option. Bridge of Sighs, mmm.... :D

Thats in single player mode. In multiplayer mode there was no unit capping unless you choose to limit the number of units you want to build.

YES , ive been waiting for SO LONG! , i downloaded the demo a few days ago and i was totally blown away! :) , the new graphix and the new control-panels KICK ASS! , everything i wanted in HW is in HW2 , this is definatley a MUST BUY!.

Hope to see some work on the DYRL?-mod on HW2 in a year or so! :p , so DANG COOL!

//Dan..