Wonderfest Summer 2014 - Macross (Japan)

ahiachris

There aren't a lot of new stuff at the event this year. Glad that my buyer was able to grab all the items that I am interested in. They are all in 1/72. VF-11MAXL, YF-19 weapon set and Update sets for the WAVE destroids. Reaaly need to squeeze out time to build kits.

post-7569-0-14368500-1407303922_thumb.jpg

post-7569-0-12500900-1407304223_thumb.jpg

I really wanted the MAXL, but I couldn't bring myself to spend Y23,000 on it... I waited and hoped he would drop the price, but he never did.

I ended up walking away with:

Sheryl's Shuttle

Argenics (the ship from Macross M3)

SDF-2 Megaroad (the design from Perfect Memory, not Flashback 2012)

VF-1X++ Double Plus conversion kit

Arcadia 1/60 VF-1 stand

And a few other non-Macross kits

I didn't get everything I wanted, but it was still a great show!

Oh, fine...

It's actually kinda funny, but I didn't notice until last night that it was the TV design! I barely looked at the parts before I got it home, and just assumed that it was the Flashback design.

They didn't have a display model of it, and I got the only one that was on their table. I'm guessing that it was left over stock from another event.

post-50-0-27644000-1407364603_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-25083800-1407364604_thumb.jpg

post-50-0-16335500-1407364605_thumb.jpg

Found a finished pic of the SDF-2

http://astro-mo1.way-nifty.com/photos/uncategorized/2012/05/06/dscf4328_2.jpg

Ahiachris, could you post pics of the MAXL's parts? I'd like to see what I missed out on :lol:

Hey, if people knew there was a main page to this site, you'd find that picture there... Wonderfest 2012! Flashback year! Ken... you went to the last MWCon and Wonderfest.... lucky dog!

Oh, fine...

It's actually kinda funny, but I didn't notice until last night that it was the TV design! I barely looked at the parts before I got it home, and just assumed that it was the Flashback design.

They didn't have a display model of it, and I got the only one that was on their table. I'm guessing that it was left over stock from another event.

Oh man, that's cool! I didn't know there were model kits of the SDF-2 from Perfect Memory.

Does anyone know if there's a way procure the destroid detail kits without going to the show or waiting for them appear on Yahoo Japan?

I'm wondering the same thing, upgrade sets shouldn't be a Wonderfest only thing.

I believe it will not be possible to procure the upgrade kits unless the manufacturer apply for the license directly from the license holder. For the wonderfest event, it was hosted by Kaiyodo. Kaiyodo will be the one responsible to apply license for the people that joined the event. The license will be limited only for that day.

I love and hate these Wonderfest threads! On one hand it's great to see what's new - but on the other I grind my teeth at the models I'll never be able to get...

Anyway, that MAXL VF-11 looks great. Kind of what I expected Bandai to do all those years ago, instead we got those tiny 1:144 scale kits.

• 2 weeks later...