Wave 1/100 VF-1 Super/Strike: release date?

GMK

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

They really are nice kits. If Hasegawa did Gerwalks in either 72 or 48, or Battroids in 48, I'd stick with them. But the Wave 1/100 get my vote (cost aside). Now, where's the GPB-1?

Do wish they'd packaged it as Super/Strike, not just the strike, but that's just me.

The packs look a bit fat compared to the Hase kits IMO.

wave006.jpg

If I understood Hobbysearch's translation correctly, you need to buy a Battroid to get the Gerwalk mode.

wave007.jpg

I really like Wave's Battroids, but I constantly find myself disagreeing with their price policy.

Yep, you need to combine a battroid and fighter kit to make a Gerwalk.

Agreed that Wave kits are way over priced - these valks are 3/4 the size of a Hasegawa, have less detail (but arguably better sculpt) and cost just as much. And $30 for a 1/72 Legioss?! They do release some pretty good stuff, though.

If I understood Hobbysearch's translation correctly, you need to buy a Battroid to get the Gerwalk mode.

I really like Wave's Battroids, but I constantly find myself disagreeing with their price policy.

Yep, you need to combine a battroid and fighter kit to make a Gerwalk.

Agreed that Wave kits are way over priced - these valks are 3/4 the size of a Hasegawa, have less detail (but arguably better sculpt) and cost just as much. And $30 for a 1/72 Legioss?! They do release some pretty good stuff, though.

Unfortunately, it's the price we have to pay for a niche product and a brand that has limited market presence.

• 2 weeks later...