1/24 scale valikuree.....

mslz22

• 1 year later...

haha, thread brought back from the dead :)

I have one of these kits, but have come to realize I don't have the skills to tackle. I don't see many builds from other Macrossworlders, which is surprising considering how awesome this kit is. Or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places?

If there's a fast pack in the works, sign me up, I'll eventually find someone to build this beast for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

Being a hardcore modeller I hate to say this, but food on the table before kits on the bench! Glad to hear you're busy doing pro work Mike! - MT

Thanks, I know i have said it before, but macross stuff,I as much as i love it, is at best a break even proposition. So at this point it's only when i can "sneak" in a bit of time.

I think I can sneak some time in after Wonderfest, but if more big jobs come up that could change.

Being a hardcore modeller I hate to say this, but food on the table before kits on the bench! Glad to hear you're busy doing pro work Mike! - MT

Hey Mike, you must have sold several of these kits, has anyone (other than you) posted pics of their builds?? Would be awesome to see other people's builds.

For anyone who doesn't know, this kit is MASSIVE. It's so awesome, but I know if I try to build it, I will mess it up, so still hoping to find someone local who's good with resin kits to build it for me, lol!

I don't know, i know there were a few works in progress. It's really not a hard kit to build. There are just a couple little tricky parts but not bad by resin kit standards. I did do a guide that covered the few little things. Let me find the link.

Unfortunately MW modeling section seems pretty slow the last few years. I don't know if interest has diminished or there is too much available, hope it picks up. I remember when it seemed like there were 25 or 30 people on at almost any given time.

In the meantime, Fastpacks pattern started. I will likely start a new thread for this after wonderfest, I am thinking that people may not be checking in on this old thread.

IMG_3012_zpsjzqe5hqk.jpg

IMG_3013_zps8flug9eh.jpg

Just stumbled into this thread. And that's once fine Roy VF-1S in 1/24 scale. :wub: How much this kit is if ever? Didn't see any price notice on the thread. Thanks in advance! Looking forward on your Fast Pack update installments. ;)

• 4 months later...

Giving this thread a bump to remind people it actually exists. I haven't built models in years, so I may experiment a little on a few Hasegawas first and if they turn out even half decent, I may finally tackle this build.

Funny, still hoping to see other people's builds and what they've done with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't built models in years, so I may experiment a little on a few Hasegawas first and if they turn out even half decent, I may finally tackle this build.

Has it been that long I remember your builds as if it was a few months ago.

Has it been that long I remember your builds as if it was a few months ago.

Haha, sure you're not getting me confused with someone else? I haven't completed any Macross models for maybe 25 years or so, and I may have completed a car model 7-10 years ago?

I completed a small Mecha Collection Yamato from 2199 for my little boy a few weeks ago (which he promptly destroyed.....only a year and 11 months old).

Edited by peter

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Necrothreading this topic to see if anyone around here's built theirs?

It seems like almost all existence of this kit have been wiped from the interwebz....found only two pictures of it :(

• 3 weeks later...

I know Mike built one.  I've seen it, and it's amazing.  As for me, I have a kit and I'm guilty of not building it yet.  It's a gorgeous kit.  Truly.  It's in the pile mainly because it's so nice I don't want to mess it up.  Have others in front to "practice" on first.   I can take some pics at some point and share.

On 9/4/2019 at 4:00 AM, Myersjessee said:

I know Mike built one.  I've seen it, and it's amazing.  As for me, I have a kit and I'm guilty of not building it yet.  It's a gorgeous kit.  Truly.  It's in the pile mainly because it's so nice I don't want to mess it up.  Have others in front to "practice" on first.   I can take some pics at some point and share.

I have one too, and I am guilty of not building it either....mainly because I suck as a model builder, but also because I've never built a resin kit before,

Though recently, I've been finding some courage to start up building models again after a 10+ year hiatus so I'm looking for some inspiration to get this thing started.

Wow, he did an amazing job. congratulations!  Do you have any other built 1/72 Macross kits to post alongside your Monster so we can get a size comparison?   Besides the obvious that it's freaking huge.  haha

Hmm, I've never seen anyone post the 1/72 Monster alongside other Macross valkyries/destroids of the same scale.   The last one was also a 1/60 scale valkyrie if I recall correctly.  If I can ever find one of Mike's Monsters for sale again, that will be my goal.  ;)  But, thank you for offering to use your 1/60 tomahawks.  :hi: