NEW MACROSS TV SERIES ANNOUNCED!

Tochiro

Thomas Romain (ロマン・トマ) has already tweeted such a thing.

He probably is one of the creators of the new series, I guess.

post-14942-0-80100800-1395845391_thumb.png

Is that a VF-1 in VF-25A colors? And does this mean that we'll spend the entire of next year wondering when pre-orders will open for this show's releases? And whether V2 will follow after the first wave? :-)

Edited by Dimis

Awesome news! Just when you thought you had caught up on your valk collection. LoL

I'm sure it'll be something new entirely, but man, what I wouldn't give to see a series based on the Megaroad-1.

YES!!

I couldn't believe my twitter feed and ran straight here and saw Tochiro already had something up on the website. You guys are fast.

Did the announcement say explicitly that it was a "tv series"?

Perhaps a reboot of the original SDFM?

Actually "The First" will start again from April. Just a coincidence? IDK

I hope so personally.

I hope so personally.

Just think of the consequences of a Bandai backed SDFM reboot.......assuming the VF-1 changes little (paint schemes like MtF?), along with the mecha.....an entire line of DX VF-1's from Bandai....

gulp!....... ;)

Wonder what that would do to Arcadia? Or perhaps Arcadia may be the new show sponser?

You know... I was thinking about leaving Japan and going back home... but now, I guess...

Don't you freakin' DARE! lol

I hope so personally.

In my opinion it's a coincidence. Of course, that's just my opinion at this point.

Just think of the consequences of a Bandai backed SDFM reboot.......assuming the VF-1 changes little (paint schemes like MtF?), along with the mecha.....an entire line of DX VF-1's from Bandai....

gulp!....... ;)

Wonder what that would do to Arcadia? Or perhaps Arcadia may be the new show sponser?

Arcadia doesn't have the money for something like that. But more importantly, without severe re-designs to appeal to the Frontier crowd, a remake of the original wouldn't make the sort of money/popularity that Frontier did. Personally, I think its best to leave the past in the past. Theres few enough Macross series as it is, so I'd prefer original content that expands the universe.

But hey, to each their own and all that :-)

Oh and btw - Macross is trending right NOW :-)

post-9325-0-48379000-1395850263_thumb.jpg

But more importantly, without severe re-designs to appeal to the Frontier crowd, a remake of the original wouldn't make the sort of money/popularity that Frontier did. Personally, I think its best to leave the past in the past. Theres few enough Macross series as it is, so I'd prefer original content that expands the universe.

But hey, to each their own and all that :-)

Based on your last podcast, or was it the one before it?....I think one of you mentioned that Japanese fans care more about the characters than the mecha?

But yeah, as much as I'd still enjoy seeing a reboot of the original show if that is the route they take, I would prefer something entirely new...

Yeah, let's keep moving forward, and around. No need to rewrite history.

Let's focus on another group. It's like a group story telling of a single timeline.

It would be cool to tie up loose ends, maybe have a Fleet find the Megaroad's aftermath.

Closure is fine, but no rewrites or new universes.

Niceeee.

Best news I've heard all day!

And yes to a new series and not a reboot/retelling. Would be better to have a form of continuity instead of just retelling with better animation, etc. (though that would be nice too)

It would be cool to tie up loose ends, maybe have a Fleet find the Megaroad's aftermath.

Closure is fine, but no rewrites or new universes.

I think Macross the First is in the middle of doing just that.....they already had a time displacement scene that shows the Megaroad's fleet....perhaps more is to come regarding that before the comic concludes....

So rewrites may be unavoidable at this point..... ;)

I really don't care if they did a reboot or continued on with the series. It'd be even more interesting, if they did a series based off the Macross 30 game. Either way, I'm just excited about this news, and am excited to see this unfold as it happens, and more is announced along the way.

gulp!....... ;)

This would be interesting, and I hope that Arcadia would get the license, considering their quality.

While I always prefer new designs, characters and stories, I wouldn't object to a full SDFM renewal.

Would be really awesome to see the story told with today's animation, maybe add/change some things and extend the story past where it ends in the original and show us where Hikaru goes...

The problem is about the international webcast. The trend is that it should be done, but you know, I worry about the interference of Harmony Gold. :(

Crunchyroll? Funimation? Some American-based companies can't do it...

Niconico or USTREAM? Hmmmm.

TBH, I hope Macross spread worldwidely and want foreign fans to watch the new series simultaneously and legally.

Great !! I really think it´s time for Kawamori to tell us about Hikaru, Misa and Minmay fate, I mean "The Mega Road 01 Story"...Just imagine to meet Hikaru & Misa kids, and finally to know if Minmay found her real love after deception, everything happening in a new universe exploration adventures..And what about discovering why the Megaroad 01 cut transmissions when arriving the center of galaxy...please please kawamori close the circle !!!!!