Links to my old Step-by-steps...

wm cheng

I uploaded the missing pdf files to mediafire and found WM Cheng's completed VE-1 pictures

thread in the old MW forum.

WM Cheng's first post has almost all the old weblinks recovered.

Only the 1st part of the VF-1A Max Super build up is available.

I'll keep looking for the other missing WM Cheng postings.

Edited by boinger

• 2 weeks later...

I finished looking through the old MW forum 2002-2004 for

WM Cheng's model postings.

I could not find the VF-2SS model build up, but I did

find a website with the completed model pictures.

1. 1/72 Hasegawa VE-1 Elintseeker Completed Photos

2. 1/72 Hasegawa VF-1A Max Super Completed photos

2.A. 1/72 Hasegawa Valkyrie Progress Feb 6, 2002

(missing pictures)

3. 1/72 Hasegawa VT-1 Ostrich step by step guide

4. 1/72 Musasiya VF-2SS Completed Photos

Edited by boinger

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Awesome thread. Mr. Cheng...... could you please list the tools of your trade..... I know you have mentioned in your various threads, but you should make a general list so people like me knows what types of steps you go through.

I know you use a Badger 200 single action with the upgraded fine needle and head. Do you use those parts on all the steps of your builds? meaning like the main body parts to the fine panel shading that you do???Pressures etc... Also looks like you use the cup for the paints....is that cup big enough when painting the main body of the valk? or do you have to refill the cup in the middle of painting? Looks like the airbrush kit comes with glass jars to hold alot more paint than the cup does...

Also...what are the painting steps and types that you use? and in what order? I know you use Tamiya acrylics for the base color, then you use the oil wash for the panel lining (brand?), then model master clear to seal what you have done. Then decaling....then reseal with the model master? I am not sure?

I love your builds....I have been trying to re-read your old threads.....but some of the links are dead. If you could please take some time out of your busy day to make a general list....myself, and others here, I am pretty sure would greatly appreciate it. I am also aware that there are many various ways to achieve the same look... but I am fond of yours, cause I know how the general outcome will look like if I were to try them.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do have WM Cheng's modeling guide pdf files on hand. I'm compiling a VF-25 modeling guide by WM Cheng for today and I would like to put together the WM Cheng's 1/3000 Macross fortress build up pdf before I post up a private bittorrent for sharing. File lockers have proved to be unreliable.

Just downloaded myself - THANKS SO MUCH boinger!!

It's nice to look back on this. I had to go through the VF-25 to familiarize myself with what I did when I recently started my VF-25S armored - its really hard getting back into the saddle. It answered a lot of questions I had found myself stuck on. It's funny how much you forget after even a short break - I wish I could be modelling all the time. Maybe in a few years when my daughter grows up some more (unless I can convince her to build with me - don't really know about the exposure to the chemicals though).

Again, thanks for all your hard work. I can't believe I typed so much stuff, I guess I'm kind of wordy sometimes. I hope it helps others.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I foubnd the link to the complete step by step by Mr Cheng, I hope this helps, Im shure as hell its helping me since I started to build this kit today, I dont have an airbrush so I dont know if ill be able to pull some stuff, and Im shure it will take me ages to hand paint this bird,

here it is, the complete hasegawa 1:72 YF-21step by step by Mr Cheng
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=1457

also here ir's a link to my very first buld, I did it almost a year ago
http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=37513&hl=%2Bvf-27+%2Bmatt+%2Bblack

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 11/17/2013 at 8:16 PM, boinger said:

WM Cheng's Modeling Guides

are now available on Scribd !

(.pdf)

Sorry for the "Necropost", but I just read this and followed the link to scribd. This will be a tremendous help for me with my current VF-1S project, as I'm not happy with the various weathering schemes I've tried on it. Thanks so much!

It is back from the dead!!!  :p

I am trying to get back into the game... although I'm just trying my hand at the Bandai Millennium Falcon right now, trying to shoe-horn a lighting system into the tiny model is proving difficult and trying to get more than times a week to work on it as well.  Might post something on the workbench in a little bit.

Always nice to hear there is still some interest in my work (although dated now - my looking back at that VF-2SS is kind of embarrassing)

On 2/28/2017 at 11:40 AM, wm cheng said:

It is back from the dead!!!  :p

I am trying to get back into the game... although I'm just trying my hand at the Bandai Millennium Falcon right now, trying to shoe-horn a lighting system into the tiny model is proving difficult and trying to get more than times a week to work on it as well.  Might post something on the workbench in a little bit.

Always nice to hear there is still some interest in my work (although dated now - my looking back at that VF-2SS is kind of embarrassing)

Actually, I liked your VF-2SS. :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey man, any word on recovering some of the step-by-steps?  i am about to start building up several Hasegawa kits and would love to have some kind of guide to reference, especially in the case of the YF-21 and Super Strike VF-1. 

On 3/20/2017 at 11:25 AM, whistler said:

hey man, any word on recovering some of the step-by-steps?  i am about to start building up several Hasegawa kits and would love to have some kind of guide to reference, especially in the case of the YF-21 and Super Strike VF-1. 

Did you try looking at the link below?

On 11/17/2013 at 5:16 PM, boinger said:

WM Cheng's Modeling Guides

are now available on Scribd !

(.pdf)

The YF-21 links work from the 1st page of this thread. The VF-1A supers still don't though.  Just type it in like this http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/1457-23 in the address bar. Second number 1st followed by dash then first number.

Edited by wmkjr

16 hours ago, wmkjr said:

Did you try looking at the link below?

The YF-21 links work from the 1st page of this thread. The VF-1A supers still don't though.  Just type it in like this http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/topic/1457-23 in the address bar. Second number 1st followed by dash then first number.

i checked that link, thanks.  the YF-21 is up, at least to page 18.  it cuts off there i'm afraid.  but still it is a really nice resource to have seeing as i am pretty new to building models and there seemed to be a number of issues you had to contend with.  i'll retry the other links as well.

thanks wmkjr! :D