Nice website, but I'll stick with gundamstoreandmore.

I'm fortunate to live 40 minutes from their warehouse, so they were kind enough to even let me shop around when I stopped by Ann Arbor to pick up my order. In terms of both gunpla inventory and prices they just can't be beat. And unbelievably excellent customer service too.

Nice website, but I'll stick with gundamstoreandmore.

I'm fortunate to live 40 minutes from their warehouse, so they were kind enough to even let me shop around when I stopped by Ann Arbor to pick up my order. In terms of both gunpla inventory and prices they just can't be beat. And unbelievably excellent customer service too.

if they got great cs then why do i get a personal voice mail when i dial the number from their website or when i email them and ask about a few items and they never return an email

if they got great cs then why do i get a personal voice mail when i dial the number from their website or when i email them and ask about a few items and they never return an email

LOL When did you send the email? Maybe they are closed during the weekends?

I would entertain the possibility that they might not be so great for international orders, as all of my interactions have been domestic... but if you're from HK as your profile suggests.... why are you getting gunpla from gundamstoreandmore? :p

Ya most online stores close over the weekend, so I wouldn't expect much of a response.

I usually limit my activities on where I shop. For figures I go too Overdrive.com, for model kits I'll hit Amazon or HLJ as they'll usually have what I want instock or cheaper. It just depends how bad I want it.

I know right now, I'd like to get me a Zeta 2.0 since I loved my MKII 2.0 so damn much some years ago when i got it. But I gotta be patient as I also want to build 2 more Zaku II's and a Gouf squadron while getting back into custom painting jobs as I've missed it. I was getting a kick ass desert commando Zeon squadron with a Dom and a Keifpher (?) in tan and green.

I've stuck to 1/144 HGUC Gundam models because the 1/100 and bigger grade ones are too expensive and take up a lot of room. To make them look more accurate to the show, I used Games Workshop paints and techniques. A couple of years ago I was working on turning a spare RX-78-2 Gundam model into the black RX-78-1 Prototype version, but got busy with other stuff. If I ever get around to it, hopefully the paints haven't dried out yet.

So,

I am deciding between PG strike and PG 00 raiser........

Any opinions on which one is better? I am look for playability and gimmicks primarily, as well as detail.

I am going to paint it, so what do you guys think?

I know people don't like the clutch system in the 00 raiser, but is it really that bad? I mean the pictures and videos show that it is really solid

and holds up fine? I don't know...... :ph34r:

-Archer

Edited by Archer

the clutch system is over rated. Yeah, it can hold up some weight but you can easily exceed that threshold on accident while posing it. And given that the plastic used in the kit is brittle to begin with, you're just one mistake away from stripping the teeth in the clutch and then you have an extremely loose friction joint. Besides, having to reposition the GN drives and raise the shoulder armor just to position the arms is a pain in the ass.

strike

PG 00 has a very simple frame that lacks the detailing and complexity of the strike kit. Posability is lacking compared to strike as well.

THIS and its Fragile. I still like the inner frame from the standpoint technology has moved beyond the Piston Tech but really a lot more could have gone into the kit for the pricepoint. To me its as fragile as the MG Unicorn.

Here's a few bugs/Issues

The cockpit hatch is just a thin piece of plastic No inner moldeing so the winglets on it might snap if your not careful

Posability is a bit ich ...the clickity clack gear/clutch is neat but it hinders from doing cool poses. You have to be careful in some points ie the shoulders you almost have to dissasemble the shoulder skirts to access the clutch to move the arms. DO i really need a clutch system in the wrists. I know it was added to hold the big gun/swords but really any real movement they just fall out. The stand cannot display the O Raiser properly. The weight of the thing either tips it forward or backward. The connection peg is too short??????(same as the MG Unicorn waist and MG Sinaju Shoulders) So if sold for a lower pricepoint grab it otherwise pass and get the strike or even the red frame. Personally I think the GP02 and 01 unit is the best of the bunch. Although not anything near in the form of asthetics and agility but its a big Mech and its well built.

THIS and its Fragile. I still like the inner frame from the standpoint technology has moved beyond the Piston Tech but really a lot more could have gone into the kit for the pricepoint. To me its as fragile as the MG Unicorn.

Here's a few bugs/Issues

The cockpit hatch is just a thin piece of plastic No inner moldeing so the winglets on it might snap if your not careful

Posability is a bit ich ...the clickity clack gear/clutch is neat but it hinders from doing cool poses. You have to be careful in some points ie the shoulders you almost have to dissasemble the shoulder skirts to access the clutch to move the arms. DO i really need a clutch system in the wrists. I know it was added to hold the big gun/swords but really any real movement they just fall out. The stand cannot display the O Raiser properly. The weight of the thing either tips it forward or backward. The connection peg is too short??????(same as the MG Unicorn waist and MG Sinaju Shoulders) So if sold for a lower pricepoint grab it otherwise pass and get the strike or even the red frame. Personally I think the GP02 and 01 unit is the best of the bunch. Although not anything near in the form of asthetics and agility but its a big Mech and its well built.

I have question about the PG Red Frame. When I built the hip part of the kit, it has a metal part that has two pegs were you connect the legs. Those two metal pegs can slide all the way to the front of the hip or slide them in the middle. Were do you guys set the pegs at? At the front or middle? It seems if I place the pegs both up front,which the manual suggests to place them up front, but the whole thing isn't stable. Any suggestions????

Edited by Gunpod71

Ok thanks, and on that point, is there any real difference between strike and astray perfect grades?

I dont own the Strike yet, but by looking at the pics of the Strike I think it will have more poseablity. The Red Frame has bigger legs due to its armor and the poseablity is limited, but I could be wrong, cuz I havent made a lot of poses on my Red Frame. I may need to move those pegs back to make it stable...

Has anybody built the MG Victory Gundam? I've taken the first step - namely taking all the trays out of the box :)

I am thinking of perhaps displaying it with the alternate head ...can someone familiar with the series explain to me exactly what that alternate head signifies?

Pete

Has anybody built the MG Victory Gundam? I've taken the first step - namely taking all the trays out of the box :)

I am thinking of perhaps displaying it with the alternate head ...can someone familiar with the series explain to me exactly what that alternate head signifies?

Pete

The V finned version is, of course, the hero mecha flow initially by Uso before he switched to the V2 Gundam later in the series; the alternate one is the HEXA version, a slightly upgraded concurrent "sister" unit used by other pilots (Marvet among them). The best part of the kit is that two core fighters are supplied with one head per core fighter, allowing for easy version swaps.

Edited by mechaninac

Sweet, although personally I always prefered the....umm...those other ones...to the Z'Gok...the ones with the much longer arms... dag nab it...forgot what they're called... but yeah...

Victory Gundam is pointless. For me - there's only one GUNDAM - and the rest are just mobile suits - albeit cool ones. I really like my Gouf and Zaku II... I'm gonna get myself a Guntank and Guncannon... and also I'd like to get White Base too.

Pete

Does anyone have any experience with g - system gundam kits? (especially the ones with inner frames?)

How well are the kits in terms of detail and durability? Do the frames pose well, or is it another one of those resin kits that will have to be glued in a fixed pose?

Thanks

I think I know what you're talking about - the latest resin kit is the Victory Gundam, and to my knowledge it is fixed pose. Detail wise it looks ok, but durability wise...it'll probably be ok if you leave it on your shelf and never touch it again :)

but don't take it from me...I'm just going off of vague memories based on something I saw somewhere on the web some time ago...

Personally I'm happy with the Mastergrades and will stick with them.

Pete

Speaking of Master Grades...

I just picked up another pair of Master Grades, the RX-178 (Ver. 2), and the RX-93 V-Gundam.

Both of these have mesh tubing, and I was wondering if there was anyone out there who'd buolt them, in case there's some special tricks for the tubing.

Edited by Robelwell202

Speaking of Master Grades...

I just picked up another pair of Master Grades, the RX-178 (Ver. 2), and the RX-93 V-Gundam.

Both of these have mesh tubing, and I was wondering if there was anyone out there who'd buolt them, in case there's some special tricks for the tubing.

The mesh tubing is just another aspect of the multi-media nature of some of the latter Master Grade kits and adds a touch of "realism" wherever they're applied, as compared to molded in detail on some older MGs.

There is nothing special about using the tubing... just cut it to the length specified to the assembly you're building (a metric ruler printed on the instructions booklet, or a to-scale call-out will give you that information) and slip it over the indicated pipe. There is not need to glue the mesh tubes on MG kits as they are usually so well engineered that the tube ends are completely hidden and captured once other parts are mounted -- they won't slip off; just leave them as loose sleeves.

Of course, if you intend to paint your kits the tubes should be installed after the particular assembly is cured if at all possible.

Hope this helps.

Does anyone have any experience with g - system gundam kits?
You got any experience in Resin kits? G-Systems is pretty much an all Resin construction. They do have upgrade kits for older MG's. Before Bandai came out with the Nu-Hi kit last year G-Systems I think already had one out and all you needed was Nu Gundam's exo frame to build it.

But it's a pain in the ass, you gotta sand, prep, paint and I think glue in some cases. I'll never mess with something like that, too expensive and easy for me to F up on.

all you needed was Nu Gundam's exo frame to build it.

But it's a pain in the ass, you gotta sand, prep, paint and I think glue in some cases. I'll never mess with something like that, too expensive and easy for me to F up on.

So, in a word - it's Exo's fault (again) that Resin kits are hard.

Plus ca Change....

Pete

You got any experience in Resin kits? G-Systems is pretty much an all Resin construction. They do have upgrade kits for older MG's. Before Bandai came out with the Nu-Hi kit last year G-Systems I think already had one out and all you needed was Nu Gundam's exo frame to build it.

Thanks for the info, but i knew they were resin kits. I was just wonderin how well the inner frames that come with many of their new kits hold up.

-Archer ^_^

Meanwhile I thought about it - and I guess I'll build Victory Gundam after all. Why not. Whatever. Meanwhile, I've been fiddling with Turn-A-Gundam, who, I decided, shouldn't be standing around all weaponed up, but instead, should be doing this:

sdd1ub.jpg

Pete

Meanwhile I thought about it - and I guess I'll build Victory Gundam after all. Why not. Whatever. Meanwhile, I've been fiddling with Turn-A-Gundam, who, I decided, shouldn't be standing around all weaponed up, but instead, should be doing this:

sdd1ub.jpg

Pete

lol USDA inspection?