Macross DYRL: Proper English Fandub

Hikuro

So close that here's the first ten minutes of the film

Now if you actually clicked on that then you so fell for it lol. But no seriously, the film is very near, I'd say it's like 98%. I've got Cristina as the ONLY major voice that needs to be filled and voices for a few minors of just like fills in, nothing big that should hold the film back another week after everyone is finished.

I think honestly everyone will be pretty impressed over the accomplishment, and I'm hoping they'll enjoy what they watch cause it's almost 4 years in the making and took alot of effort and lots of recasting to get it done.

So close that here's the first ten minutes of the film

I'm not stupid. I would never click something as misleading as a YouTube Link. Though, if it was a Rick Roll, I actually like that song. Anyway... FOUR YEARS?! My god... Four years? Damn... So, October 1st or 2nd, then?

It's already October 3... Is this ever coming out? (I realize there is some debugging, but don't make a promise, if you can't keep it.)

Now if you actually clicked on that then you so fell for it lol. But no seriously, the film is very near, I'd say it's like 98%. I've got Cristina as the ONLY major voice that needs to be filled and voices for a few minors of just like fills in, nothing big that should hold the film back another week after everyone is finished.

I think honestly everyone will be pretty impressed over the accomplishment, and I'm hoping they'll enjoy what they watch cause it's almost 4 years in the making and took alot of effort and lots of recasting to get it done.

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

• 3 weeks later...

alright, so some bad news....

1) I've completely lost contact with Cristina, after her youtube account had been banned she hasn't replied to any of my emails after telling me she was very close to completion.

2) Fruitfly who is playing Claudia has become very ill and will be in the hospital for sometime....

I don't want to recast either of them seeing how they're very good at what they do : /but it's holding up production.

What do you guys think? Recast? or just hold tight?

alright, so some bad news....

1) I've completely lost contact with Cristina, after her youtube account had been banned she hasn't replied to any of my emails after telling me she was very close to completion.

2) Fruitfly who is playing Claudia has become very ill and will be in the hospital for sometime....

I don't want to recast either of them seeing how they're very good at what they do : /but it's holding up production.

What do you guys think? Recast? or just hold tight?

Damn...

Well, though it's not Fruitfly's fault about her condition, you may want to recast, depending on how long she'll be out of it.

As for Cristina... If she won't answer, she's not worth the trouble. I always thought she was overrated, anyway...

In the end, I'm not qualified to make the decision, but I can't wait to see the movie in English. Flip a coin. That's what I do. Look how I turned out... Ok, maybe I just put you off of coin flips...

I'll say this: If it's going to take a week or more in the hospital, and she's got less than 65% of her lines complete, recast. If she has more than 65%, she's worth the wait.

Cristina, on the other hand, is not replying out of choice. Unless she has become ill, or has some previously decided thing she has to do, (Decided before she took on DYRL?) her role should be recast. I have respect and sympathy for those who are unable to do, due to factors outside of their own control, but I have none for those who don't put forth toward their obligations out of choice. I may have a harsh view, in comparison with yours, but, it is my own. Do what you will, Hikuro. Only you can make the decision.

I did get an email from Cristina, she's fallen pretty ill herself, I wont go into what she had but it's basically like a nasty as hell case of the flu.

It's a bit tough of a decision yes, both of them have more than half their lines done and they've progressed this far that it would be a shame to get rid of either of them.

Lots of thinking to do.

I did get an email from Cristina, she's fallen pretty ill herself, I wont go into what she had but it's basically like a nasty as hell case of the flu.

It's a bit tough of a decision yes, both of them have more than half their lines done and they've progressed this far that it would be a shame to get rid of either of them.

Lots of thinking to do.

Good God... Maybe the download will be ready by Christmas, the DVD by Easter... DAMMIT! Well, if it's like that, keep them. They've put their share of work in. Hopefully they become well soon, not just for this, but for their own sakes. A sick person is a person losing his time.

Nooooo, I have doubts the online and dvd variations of the film will have that kind of a release schedule...although holiday releases are fine for that little stocking stuffer for the loved one in your home.

when cristina and fly get well, I'll have them hammer it because they are holding up the production and I'm sure they would LOVE to stop getting pestering emails from me.

DVD wise, I could have it after thanksgiving if I wanted to. I got a cover and label, I got 90% of the extras I want to put on, just need dvd cases, and lots of ink.

This will be a limited run, I'll probably buy two blac and color ink cartidges, and when they start to look fade, that's it. So it will be a ultimate hardcore collection peace.

Nooooo, I have doubts the online and dvd variations of the film will have that kind of a release schedule...although holiday releases are fine for that little stocking stuffer for the loved one in your home.

when cristina and fly get well, I'll have them hammer it because they are holding up the production and I'm sure they would LOVE to stop getting pestering emails from me.

DVD wise, I could have it after thanksgiving if I wanted to. I got a cover and label, I got 90% of the extras I want to put on, just need dvd cases, and lots of ink.

This will be a limited run, I'll probably buy two blac and color ink cartidges, and when they start to look fade, that's it. So it will be a ultimate hardcore collection peace.

The flu lasts 1-2 weeks, what has fly contracted to send her to a hosptial, and how does all of this add a month to production? Damn...

I may have to requisition a copy of DYRL?... It seems valuable.

Are you printing on normal paper? If so, it'll look like poo. If you're using a laser printer, good job! Photo paper, too shiny...

In that case, I got dibs! :D

Fly announced she's starting to feel better and is making some rounds on those she owes recordings too. No idea when my stuff will come up but I'm hoping very soon.

Cristina I probably wont hear from for a while. But we've all got enough Macross goodies right now to keep us entertained until this film is ready to go.

Fly announced she's starting to feel better and is making some rounds on those she owes recordings too. No idea when my stuff will come up but I'm hoping very soon.

Cristina I probably wont hear from for a while. But we've all got enough Macross goodies right now to keep us entertained until this film is ready to go.

No we don't. I've watched all of Macross. Every one except II and 7. They seemed to suck for me. Besides, there's never enough Macross!

On a related note, good for Fly. We should all be so lucky as to regain our health as fast. For Cristina, sick or not sick, she's unlikely to get around to it for a while.

XD I wouldn't place her as sheryl, k, maybe I woouuuld...I HOPE She doesnt have a V type infection OH NOES :o! god to me that sounds like an STD hah.

Well, while you are all waiting, I've been watching what is completed with smile on my face then i remember I remember I still got freaking line timing corrections to make, BAH!

XD I wouldn't place her as sheryl, k, maybe I woouuuld...I HOPE She doesnt have a V type infection OH NOES :o! god to me that sounds like an STD hah.

Well, while you are all waiting, I've been watching what is completed with smile on my face then i remember I remember I still got freaking line timing corrections to make, BAH!

V, as in Venereal? Where'd I get... ALTO!

I made a YouTube video, attempted to closed caption it, and was way off in places... Line timing is hard.

So, an estimate as to how long it could be before the release?

You know, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year, St. Valentine's Day... Next Christmas?

A holiday I enjoy called TBA.

Until I see more stuff turned in from Cristina and Fly, I'm not even gonna touch a release date anymore. I've gone from Summer of 07, to Summer of 08, to October, Winter of 08, now I dunno.

This movie WILL be done, it's just a case of when my VA's get their stuff in.

If they were getting paid, different matter, this would of been done a long time ago.

A holiday I enjoy called TBA.

Until I see more stuff turned in from Cristina and Fly, I'm not even gonna touch a release date anymore. I've gone from Summer of 07, to Summer of 08, to October, Winter of 08, now I dunno.

This movie WILL be done, it's just a case of when my VA's get their stuff in.

If they were getting paid, different matter, this would of been done a long time ago.

Maybe. Maybe. Even if I was getting paid for my webmastering job, I still might not get it done. Sure, I'm a lazy bastard, but...

TBA is my least favorite holiday. Too much traditional breath-holding and anorexia...

Well seeing how I haven't had any contact with fly I will probably have to drop her as the CIC and Claudia but since she's done as Lap'Lamiz she will of course be credited for that role.

In the mean time I have two really big clips in the works.

1) the Nyan Nyan service Medely in the final half of Macross Frontier whcih is undergoing auditions.

2) Macross 7: Fleet of the Strongest women. It's by far one of my favorite episodes and is already completed script and music track wise. So I'll need too do an audition for that as well. I'll hopefully get some GREAT voices for it. I'll also be having Hawkeye and MagicKaito repraise their roles as Max and Miriya.

I'm done with the Macross 7 mix (yeah, only took me ONE day for a 30 minute episode MINUS vocals) how about dem apples?!

The only thing I'm really even missing is the space fold when the Meltrans attack the advanced guard and then it's done.

Maybe outta bordem, I'll flash a sample.

Seeing how few of VA's are out there that volunteer to do these things, sometimes you gotta double or triple cast them in roles that aren't close to eachother. I figured using the PA Scramble and Claudia as the same voice worked, but Fly could do all 3 and sound different enough.