HG and Robotech Debates

You know what we should do, besides keep up with Macross? We should start to show more interest in Battletech and Mechwarrior, smiting HG in the process. It would be so funny if hype about Battletech surpassed Robo-tech.

Besides, their Xbox games were pretty cool. Better than Invasion.

But that's already happening, especially after HG put their foot down because of one of the Unseen mechs appearing in the trailer for the Mechwarrior reboot. I assumed Battletech has always been doing better than Robo-Tech, and its fans equally pissed at HG as us.

Given that Macross Saga seems to be the most popular section of Robotech, I was thinking about it one day and had an idea. If only they could take just the first part of Robotech, right, and then make it a show all by itself. Then they could make sequels to just the Macross part with a different story and a higher music budget. It would be the coolest show ever! They could call it "Macross" because it's only the first saga and in the credits it would say "Based on 'Robotech' by Carl Macek". Harmony Gold seriously should ask some studio in Japan if they'd be willing to do it. They could even get companies like, I don't know, Bandai and Yamato to make the toys. What do you guys think? Great name huh, "Macross". I like the sound of it.

Given that Macross Saga seems to be the most popular section of Robotech, I was thinking about it one day and had an idea. If only they could take just the first part of Robotech, right, and then make it a show all by itself. Then they could make sequels to just the Macross part with a different story and a higher music budget. It would be the coolest show ever! They could call it "Macross" because it's only the first saga and in the credits it would say "Based on 'Robotech' by Carl Macek". Harmony Gold seriously should ask some studio in Japan if they'd be willing to do it. They could even get companies like, I don't know, Bandai and Yamato to make the toys. What do you guys think? Great name huh, "Macross". I like the sound of it.

At first, I was thinking, "this guy has really no F!@king clue what he's talking about". Then, I got the sarcasm, LOL. I had my hand on the "Open Airlock" button, ready to push for awhile. Good thing I read it through. :D

Sounds like a really cool idea! They should really get with Satelite and Big West to help them with it! I'm sure that Bandai and Yamato could make the really cool toys!

But that's already happening, especially after HG put their foot down because of one of the Unseen mechs appearing in the trailer for the Mechwarrior reboot. I assumed Battletech has always been doing better than Robo-Tech, and its fans equally pissed at HG as us.

If anyone is on dodgier ground then HG though, it's the creators of battletech.

I actually do wish Kawamori had more of an active interest in the U.S. fanbase. If he did, I wonder if he would go for partially funding a re-design for Robotech to give them their own show, in trade for the rights back from Tatsunoko. This in turn would strip HG of the rights, and free them up internationally.

I actually do wish Kawamori had more of an active interest in the U.S. fanbase. If he did, I wonder if he would go for partially funding a re-design for Robotech to give them their own show, in trade for the rights back from Tatsunoko. This in turn would strip HG of the rights, and free them up internationally.

I think he did have an active interest. After all, he did plan the live-action movie in LA back in 1996. Unfortunately that fell through. HG was nowhere to be seen at the time, though.

Edited by Renato