DYRL Bluray Release Confirmed

SCOOPUDA!

Holy frack!!! A lot more than I thought was going to be in that. I didn't know they were going to have the download for the DYRL side scroller. The documentary also should have a HD version of the opening of that game, hopefully. Good stuff.

That was a great trailer... never thought I'd be excited about a commercial but that was great.

Anyone know how the download code will work for those of us in the U.S.? Or how to make it work?

Step 1: Sign up for a Japanese PSN account (there are plenty of youtube how to's)

Step 2: Enter download code

Step 3: Download and enjoy the game.

As long as you don't delete your newly made Japanese PSN account from your system, you'll be able to continue playing the game on either account through your PS3. If you want to play it on your PSP, then you'll have to log out of your U.S. account and into your Japanese account any time you want to play it. If you want to play it on your Vita, then hopefully the current "trick" will still work after PS1 support is added.

Any way to deinterlace youtube video?

If you want to deinterlace youtube videos you first have to download them in some manner like keepvid.com or a browser plugin to your hard drive. Then you have to play the video in a media player that will deinterlace. I always use Media Player Classic Home Cinema and FFDshow for codecs. FFDshow allows you to force deinterlacing even if the video isn't actually interlaced.

Edited by pablumatic

Looks so much better than I thought it was going to. Can't wait for it to get here. And thanks Keith on how to get a Japanese download code to work. I think there was a download code for something in my Frontier Blu-ray so maybe I can give it a try on that.

Looks so much better than I thought it was going to. Can't wait for it to get here. And thanks Keith on how to get a Japanese download code to work. I think there was a download code for something in my Frontier Blu-ray so maybe I can give it a try on that.

Yup, there were 2 background themes, a Sheryl & Ranka one.

Awesome! Hey, what about Macross Plus? Any news on a BluRay release? There is a 720p torrent rip of it out there, so where did that come from?

I hope so, I actually just pulled out my Region 2 Box and the audio is only 2ch.

Anybody know if this is right? Or might I have to do some troubleshooting on my av system.

Other dvd's playback perfectly "Dolby Digital, etc."

Soooo much goodness all in one box :-)

post-9325-0-88196000-1335663844_thumb.jpg

This box set is gonna be huge...

Yeah, Most of the places online are undercharging for shipping to the US i think.

I do know NCSX pack their stuff really well, and ship from the US.

YESASIA, CDJapan,ship from overseas and also pack really well.

The other places like ami ami, ect. not sure as I have never ordered from them.

Just a word of warning if you want your set to arrive without any dents or damage

Edited by oshanmacross

I don't know about the rest of you, but I got goosebumps from watching that 5 min youtube video. I cannot wait any longer!!!!

Edit: Corrected one small grammatical error due to sleep deprivation.

Edited by Oihan

There's only so much you can judge about picture quality from an interlaced Youtube clip... but having said that, it looks like this BD transfer is going to be very good. Certainly not a GALAXY EXPRESS style disaster. Can't wait for this!!!

Now, when can we get some HD clips from the MACROSS TV series???

I've been out of the Macross game for much too long it seems. I've strayed too long from my dark mistress that is Macross. :D I'm just now hearing about this. I pre-ordered the LE set from Nippon-Yasan, but held off on paying until it gets closer to release date. From all the stuff you get in the LE it was a total no brainer.

I just recently ordered the Yamato SDF-1 and it should be arriving in a few days. I will need to get the Yamato VF-4 if at all possible. This is going to be one epic year for Macross. If 2012 is supposed to be the end of the world, I'm gonna die watching DRYL on blu-ray with a 1/3000 scale SDF-1 in one hand and a 1/60 VF-4 in the other. :p

Edited by sharky

Well darnit, after I already ordered through CDJapan. :p

Actually though, what's the general method of cancelling an order through AmiAmi? Just email them directly to cancel? Their order editing page doesn't have a "cancel" option.

On the other hand, if I don't cancel it, I'll have a spare standard version DYRL release to sell in case someone misses out. :lol:

For such a brilliant OAV, So little marketing.

I know to this day i would sell my first born for a Sharon Apple resin kit.

Sorry if I contributed to derailing this thread.. ^_^

On another note, Thank goodness Japan isn't wasting time releasing 3D anime.

Unfortunately, Plus was a flop in Japan (along with Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop), hence the lack of marketing and merch. Shows with adult characters just generally don't do well when, as a form of escapism, the viewers want to revel in the nostalgic halcyon days of high school.

As for 3D- you didn't watch GitS SAC SSS 3D then I take it? f^_^;)

And as for Macross in 3D- if the 3D bandwagon had kept rolling on the way it was back when Avatar came out, I wouldn't have been surprised if something had been reissued in 3D by now.

Unfortunately, Plus was a flop in Japan (along with Escaflowne and Cowboy Bebop), hence the lack of marketing and merch. Shows with adult characters just generally don't do well when, as a form of escapism, the viewers want to revel in the nostalgic halcyon days of high school.

OVAs usually don't have merchandising to go with them anyway, and the marketing is acutely aimed at the otaku. By the way, everything that Shinichiro Watanabe has ever done has been a flop in Japan -- hopefully Kids on the Slope will turn that tide.

Sweet! Macross DYRL game for the ps is going to be downloadable on the ps3 now only if they released vfx, vf-x2, macross plus game edition, then I won't have to bust out my old playstation anymore.

Thats pretty damn cool. I already have Macross DYRL for my psp. So to be able to get one to play on my PS3 also, would be awesome! B))

Was it a "gonna get cancelled without western support" like Macross 2 or "well the last episode is kinda rushed because we ran out of budget"

Was the Plus movie funded by Fire Bomber albums?

Plus OVA/Movie were funded by BigWest, Victor, and Manga Ent.

OVAs usually don't have merchandising to go with them anyway, and the marketing is acutely aimed at the otaku. By the way, everything that Shinichiro Watanabe has ever done has been a flop in Japan -- hopefully Kids on the Slope will turn that tide.

doesn't it always depend on which particular otaku-subgroup are being aimed at?

By the way, everything that Shinichiro Watanabe has ever done has been a flop in Japan -- hopefully Kids on the Slope will turn that tide.

Do you reckon it's exclusively his choice of 'adults' as characters in his works that works against him? Or is there more to it?