All dressed up

24208622823_b8ffb92cd0_z.jpg

Interesting idea, mounting the base to the wall... Nice job!

My kit bashed GM team is finally coming together, but I'm not happy with the way my EZ-SR's weapons binders are working out. They should all be ready to paint once spring rolls around.

Is the base connector secure like that? If I remember correctly, you have to insert it onto the base from the rear and slide it forward for a secure connection.

Love the clean work, though, and especially the asymmetrical decaling. Will you be making the shield as well, or was that intentionally omitted?

Spent a full week in this guy off and on. Decals and clear coat this morning, and just assembled it.:)

It's my first model in years it's nice to get back on the horse.

post-7418-0-59932100-1454885236_thumb.jpeg

post-7418-0-70237100-1454885265_thumb.jpeg

post-7418-0-21630600-1454885507_thumb.jpeg

Edited by hal9000

no pictures yet, finished snapping a RG Astray and the waist to torso connection is pretty weak. It falls off right the bat even without me playing with it (the joints are all lose even without playing it). It cant even hold it sheath/scabbard while posing around. Maybe I just had a lot of expectation after finishing the 00 raiser and Astraea F last year.

I was looking at the grimgerde again and now I'm a bit confused by the head. I thought the eye was in the top area with the yellow circle, but now after seeing a review pic there seems to be a green lense sticker in what I thought was the throat area. Now it looks like a robot with a bunny hat.

I was looking at the grimgerde again and now I'm a bit confused by the head. I thought the eye was in the top area with the yellow circle, but now after seeing a review pic there seems to be a green lense sticker in what I thought was the throat area. Now it looks like a robot with a bunny hat.

The normal Graze has this, too. Think of it as an additional targeting sensor, FLIR or whatever. For me. the eye is in the helmet.

Looking good with some paint on it:

03.jpg

http://gundamguy.blogspot.de/2016/02/hg-1144-grimgerde-painted-build.html

The green lense in the above post is the one confusing me. I have to admit I haven't seen the show yet and don't really understand the function of the orb in the head yet so any one with info could end my confused state.

It's just another sensor/camera/what-have-you. Probably a backup in case the regular suite get damaged. (It's built into the frame rather than added on like armor.)

I just got this in the mail today. I know it's not technically gunpla becuss it's not a bandai l, it's still a gundam. And it's one I'm supper exited to have. Now who knows about and has built a g systems kit?

post-7418-0-48585300-1455386625_thumb.jpeg

I just got this in the mail today. I know it's not technically gunpla becuss it's not a bandai l, it's still a gundam. And it's one I'm supper exited to have. Now who knows about and has built a g systems kit?

I think my blue destiny is a g systems so it's pretty well thought out but needs tons of cleaning and prep work to get things working. I haven't gotten any further than that as the weather hasn't been good to do paint work and the brass rods are still sitting in my car.

But none the less the kit will look pretty good when you're done.

I know it's not technically gunpla becuss it's not a bandai l, it's still a gundam.

I know there's actual debate about this because I believe the word gunpla is trademarked/copyrighted, but in common parlance no one's going to call johns on you. Everyone understands the wide breadth of Gundam.

Hey areaseven I built that Sazabi a few years back and it was very simple for the size. If you're into filling seam lines the shot rifle is the only spot that needs it. It's also a very good looking completed kit and great for people that complain that 1/144 are too small.

Hey areaseven I built that Sazabi a few years back and it was very simple for the size. If you're into filling seam lines the shot rifle is the only spot that needs it. It's also a very good looking completed kit and great for people that complain that 1/144 are too small.

Yup, it's a very intuitive kit. The only time-consuming effort is painting the inside of the verniers yellow. It's too bad the Sazabi doesn't have effect parts for the Funnels, or even a cockpit ball for the Nu Gundam to replicate the final scene in CCA.

Hey,

First time posting here in the gundam section. I have a question about both the GFF Metal Composite #1005 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst) and the GFF #0017 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst). What are the major differences? I know the metal composite is 1/100 scale and I have seen the anymoon video review on it. But is the cheaper non-metal composite version just as good. I have so little to spend on toys per year, I want to get the best bang for my buck, so to speak. Thank You!

Twich

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey,

First time posting here in the gundam section. I have a question about both the GFF Metal Composite #1005 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst) and the GFF #0017 Zeta Plus A1/C1 Hummingbird (bst). What are the major differences? I know the metal composite is 1/100 scale and I have seen the anymoon video review on it. But is the cheaper non-metal composite version just as good. I have so little to spend on toys per year, I want to get the best bang for my buck, so to speak. Thank You!

Twich

i don't collect those figures but i think f360 in the gundam figure thread may know the answer to your questions. try posting there :) i'm pretty sure they talked about those figures over there.

I think a transformable Unicorn Gundam is out of question since it would be to finicky to handle/assemble. So my money would be on a Destroy Mode Unicorn or the Sinanju. I have the RD versions of those so so interest in Gunpla. Where are the other Gundam Wing EW RG kits Bandai? WHERE?!?!?!?

Not sure how I feel about this. On the one hand, yay, more RG UC kits! But the HG Sinanju and HG Unicorn were both pretty good kits already, and like others have said there are kits that need better 1/144 representations, like Nu, GP-02, and Alex.