Macross Δ (Delta) - Mission 3 - READ 1st POST

azrael

Mission 3: Whirlwind Dogfight  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (Mirage! <3)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (Mirage hasn't stabbed Hayate. B-O-R-I-N-G!)

Welcome to the Macross Delta Episode 3 Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2016, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for upcoming threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the upcoming News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).

Raw files will be release shortly after broadcast. Subtitled versions will be released when they are ready.

• Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs.
New episode threads and polls opens Sundays, 9:00AM EST/6:00AM PST (22:00, i.e. 10:00PM JST), 30 minutes BEFORE the broadcast.

Broadcast schedule:

Sunday: Tokyo MX, 22:30 JST

Monday: TVQ Kyushu, 26:30 (2:30 AM) JST

Tuesday: MBS, 27:00 (3:00 AM) JST / BS11, 24:00 (midnight) JST

Wednesday: d anime store, 12:00 JST / TV Aichi & Television Hokkaido, 26:05 (2:05 AM) JST

(Broadcast times subject to change, Check listings.)

Mirage and Hayate really love to make each other miserable. Bridge bunnies love to gossip about them. Holy crap the one with an octopus in her head... It's a symbiote! Move over Gubaba!

Idols can't date! Sorry Chuck.

The damn fat Seacat is boss! On the other hand Mirage's Seacat is creepy.

The VF Mirage and Hayate are flying according to Makina is the VF-1EX. The cockpit is noticeable to have Ex-Gear.

Neither Hayate and Freyja are doing well but Walkure figure out Feryja is in love with Hayate letting her see his dogfight. Her song reaches to him allowing him to pull off what Nora did to Shin to Mirage. Fat cat was his inspiration. I'm calling Fold Quartz shenanigans!.

Messer had to be a buzz kill to Hayate's victory dance.

Mirage suffers her first defeat. Among Meltrandi particularly Jenius women that usually means a potential mate has shown himself. Hayate is enthusiastic about learning while Frejya is smug.

After credits we see the royalty Heinz meet Roid. Boy or girl?

Edited by RedWolf

I've enjoyed this episode the most out of the 3 for some reason.

I don't know if it was the laid back atmosphere of the place they are in (reminds me of Zola for some reason) gave it some sort of familiarity. I also like the extended cast more than I did at Frontier at the same point.

That training session between Mirage and Hayate was pure fanservice. A little wink to us old timers from Kawamori.

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of Windemere in the next couple of chapters and how Freyja is related to Heinz (no way she's just a run of the mill girl).

how Freyja is related to Heinz (no way she's just a run of the mill girl).

I'm betting the arranged marriage she ran away from was supposed to be to him.

Edited by Moosey

-Messer is such a buzz-kill.

-Loved the Fire Bomber-nod from the kids. One can never have enough BOMBA!

The OP is still not jiving with me. Frejya's insert song and the ED (still) still don't hurt my ears. There's something about OP that doesn't sound harmonious(?).

And

I. WANT. A SEACAT. NEOW.

Just a continuation of a theory I have about Windermereans.

If Humans were intended as maintenance workers for units like the Bird Human using their Fold Receptor Factor to regenerate then the niche Windermereans fill is that of Emulators. In Feyja's case as a psychological buff for warriors. In Heinz case for kamikaze attacks.

That is if the Protoculture have a caste system.

Was that the

original transformation sound of the VF-1 near the end?

Take a listen to timestamp 19:40. It's kinda hard to hear under Freya's singing though.

...and OMG.

A FIRE BOMBER REFERENCE! Chuck's siblings are A-OKAY in my book :)

Edited by UN Spacy

Ok... my thoughts, recorded stream-of-consciousness style as I watch this episode:

... and we're back, with Mirage once again ripping into Hayate for all she's worth and Arad clearly treating the burgeoning belligerent sexual tension as a spectator sport (and it so is...). She made him so sick he apparently threw up on her. Talk about hoist with your own petard!

Didn't really care for the OP in the 2nd episode, but it's growing on me.

I really hope they don't kill Chuck... he's seeming awfully like Kakizaki 2.0 right now. I really felt bad when they offed Kakizaki in the original because he was such an earnest guy, and Chuck seems to be cast in the same mold. Figures there'd be some overlap for Chuck since he's a cook too... I guess his family has the local Nyan-Nyan franchise. So many potential jokes about Chinese food and the cat going missing when they specialize in seafood and cats are literally fish.

Mirage gets asked about Hayate by Freyja... methinks she doth protest too much! (Yep, it's love. She already has an itemized list of his faults, and probably a concrete plan to change them all.)

He stood up Captain Johnson for combat training too... oh this will not end well.

Ah, the long-awaited VF-1 training sequence. WEIRD to see a VF-1 with fifth-generation avionics and cockpit interior... and an AI copilot to keep trainees from doing anything stupid? That's actually a really interesting idea. (and again with Hayate getting sick? Upchucking into a sealed helmet seems like a special kind of hell.)

REALLY liking the Elysion's hangar deck... that's a clever way to do it. It reminds me a little of the experimental vehicles garage at work, except for us it's catwalks and ladders instead of a mesh grill floor.

The dogfight sequence... 11/10 will be watching this again and again for days, even the abrupt shift in tone where Messer has clearly had enough of Hayate's sh*t.

-Messer is such a buzz-kill.

-Loved the Fire Bomber-nod from the kids. One can never have enough BOMBA!

The OP is still not jiving with me. Frejya's insert song and the ED (still) still don't hurt my ears. There's something about OP that doesn't sound harmonious(?).

And

I. WANT. A SEACAT. NEOW.

PLUSHIES INCOMING!

This episode has given me hope for the series. Awesome Vf-1 sequence and the song frejya sang was the best song since Ikenai Borderline. It was weird seeing a vf-1 without the un spacy kite but i love the paint schemes. Hopefully Bandai will be able to release these. It will be nice to get a non-roy/hikaru vf-1 scheme. What's it been like 3 years since we've ahd an other paint scheme released (other than that anniversary one)?