The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

The green and red striping just under his windshield looks out of place. I wish that was a 2 sided part that could rotate to present a black side for bot mode. It's not a deal breaker, but it I don't think it looks right. Better yet, the windshield could slide down to cover it and sit just above his hips to give him a much more animation accurate look.

Edited by M'Kyuun

Guest davidwhangchoi

i returned my year of the horse prime to help offset the costs for my 19's, i guess i'll wait for another time to get him

Edited by davidwhangchoi

i returned my year of the horse prime to help offset the costs for my 19's, i guess i'll wait for another time to get him

:(

Don't feel too bad man, I'll be putting some stuff (most likely Hot Toys Iron Man armors) on eBay to help absorb some of the costs for recent Macross related purchases.

Outside of existing pre-orders I'm going to stick with Macross and TF'ers for the foreseeable future.

-b.

Guest davidwhangchoi

yeah, thanks, i let go of all non canon stuff first so yoft prime had to go back.... next, let go of all my preorder doubles of frontier stuff to keep my arcadia stuff. plus picked up an old 19 fold booster.

EXO is special building and painting me an inbit gurab and painting some mospeada figures for me as well

Edited by davidwhangchoi

• 2 weeks later...

Updates:

It reached number one in impressive was conducted at the end of last year in the "Masterpiece Fan's Choice", Commercialization in the masterpiece has been determined "Star Saber" Development project has started finally. Let me show you a drawing of the design study for this time of development diary first time! It is a drawing of the study early stages but would still can feel the coolness of heroic Star Saber. By future, elements of mechanical toy is going to be added to this figure, toy

diary_ph01.jpg

ldHn09g.jpg

Cant believe more people don't have a hardon for this thing. Transforming fighter space robot! Common!

Edited by Gakken85

I love how Star Saber looks. I wonder of the e-hobby store will offer a Victory Saber repaint.

Ehobby_black_rm_starsaber.jpg

I wonder if they would announce it before Star Saber will hit the stores. I would totally prefer this color scheme over the original. :wub:

I love how Star Saber looks. I wonder of the e-hobby store will offer a Victory Saber repaint.

Ehobby_black_rm_starsaber.jpg

I wonder if they would announce it before Star Saber will hit the stores. I would totally prefer this color scheme over the original. :wub:

Since a lot of the MP's have the -B scheme, I guess it's a good chance that they would at least repaint Star Saber once as MP-XXB (considering that the MP Line is full of repaints)

Cant believe more people don't have a hardon for this thing. Transforming fighter space robot! Common!

He's a Japan-only character a lot of us are only passingly aware of, negating any nostalgia value, that transforms into a space-brick that resembles no realistic vehicle on earth. What's to get excited about?

I'm usually the kind who buys figures whose characters I know nothing about as long as they look cool, but I'm feeling kinda "meh" towards Star Saber. Nothing about the design really stands out, and the jet mode is a little too "busy" for my tastes.

I think it's a nice shell; making UM not overly too tall, the size, and hight is perfect.

Now we need MP Springer, Kup, Blurr, and an all new Hot Rod. I'm hopping for TakTom or any of the 3rd parties would jump in and make MP Hot Rod.

I think it's a nice shell; making UM not overly too tall, the size, and hight is perfect.

Now we need MP Springer, Kup, Blurr, and an all new Hot Rod. I'm hopping for TakTom or any of the 3rd parties would jump in and make MP Hot Rod.

Agreed! Blurr and Kup are especially in need of an MP toy. Generations Springer kind of hits the spot for me, though. He scales in pretty well with the rest of the MP figs.

While I'm not the biggest fan of Hot Rod, I wouldn't mind picking up an all-new MP version, preferably just as Hot Rod. MP-09 was an ambitious attempt at giving us the complete Hot Rod(imus), it was maybe a little too ambitious.

Edited by GU-11

I only know what the title says: Latest Masterpiece Silhouette Exposed/Revealed!

From the look of the pic, it seems like UM will basically be a shell that MP-10 "wears."

I believe that is just a newer/refined version of the previous fan-drawing of that.

All Takara has shown is an utter black silhouette. Everything else is fan speculation, no matter how nicely it may fit/be drawn.

MP Jazz, Mirage, Trailbreaker, Hound, Iron Hide, Ratchet, Sunstreaker and maybe the minibots need to be released before the Movie bots.

Agreed on the first 7. Minibots? Not so much. They're impossible to scale in properly with the rest of the MP figs. I know, I know; the words "Transformers" and "scale" do not belong on the same sentence, but it's a personal peeve of mine.

I believe that is just a newer/refined version of the previous fan-drawing of that.

All Takara has shown is an utter black silhouette. Everything else is fan speculation, no matter how nicely it may fit/be drawn.

Kinda disappointed, really. It would have meant that UM would be somewhat cheaper and takes up less shelf space than a ginormous toy designed from the ground up.

Don't even know who Star Saber is. To me he's a small step above a Gundam transforming..."space-brick" I believe the term was :D

And thus, a new word was coined.

I want a MP Tracks. The blue Corvette with the flames just scream 80s to me. I also like the red face on the white head.

The Alternators/Binal Tech Tracks has too much car kibble in robot mode. I think the current design process of the MP cars would lead to a clean robot mode and a nice authentic car mode.

Yeah I know it's just a fan base of that pic of UM, but I think it's pretty close to the actually think.

MP Hound, Sunstreaker, and Tracks would be nice, but gotta throw Springer in there somewhere. Springer is my favorite helicopter and Tracks was one of my favorite toys back in the days. Yeah the Alternator/Binal Tech version didn't do justice for me either for Tracks. To this day I keep wishing I could afford to by a real corvette and paint it blue and have that nice flame with the Autobot insignia in the hood.

I was thinking about those insecticons myself, I mean how difficult would it be to make the MP version.

As for Star Saber, sorry, I have no idea about this character, I've never watched the Japanese Transformer version. Even though, I love aircraft, this craft just not screaming at me, as least at this moment. Maybe when I see the actual toy, then maybe...