Chance of a Phalanx AND a Spartan

ff95gj

So far, I bought 2 of each of the destroids Yamato made, but I didn't go for the

more expensive detailed up versions.

If exclusives are the only way to buy the remaining destroid toys, then

I would save up my pennies and still buy 2 variations of each new destroid toy.

destroid-spartan-alternate.gif

Edited by boinger

Sigh, I guess there's no hope for us destroid lovers :unsure:

I bought every single release but I'm short of the Spartan, the Phalanax and the MkII Monster...

Ditto....and I thought the Phalanx would be a breeze since it uses the same bottom half. :(

Sigh, I guess there's no hope for us destroid lovers :unsure:

I bought every single release but I'm short of the Spartan, the Phalanax and the MkII Monster...

I love them so much I'm making shirts for me and other fans.

plug! :rolleyes:

I would love to see a Yamato Phalanx, the missile array stuff being present all the time in the anime, to me it's one if not the most iconic destroid in the series. Of course I would get a few Spartans as well if they ever get made ^_^

Hey, I lucked out and found it on a HK site.

Yeah...missed out on my chance. At the time I really didn't like the set, but now I wish I would have picked one up, because they are nowhere in sight these days.

Back on topic; I would most definitely pick up at least one of each of these Destroids if Yamato decided to make'em...even if they were HDP Web Shop Exclusives. That goes double for the Cheyenne.

Yeah...missed out on my chance. At the time I really didn't like the set, but now I wish I would have picked one up, because they are nowhere in sight these days.

Back on topic; I would most definitely pick up at least one of each of these Destroids if Yamato decided to make'em...even if they were HDP Web Shop Exclusives. That goes double for the Cheyenne.

It's funny how many people thought that when it was released. I on the other hand thought it was awesome! :rolleyes:

I agree, they should do an exclusive on all of the other destroids including the cheyenne. I would gladly jump through all the hoops to get one of each at a minimum.

Edited by Loop

It's funny how many people thought that when it was released. I on the other hand thought it was awesome! :rolleyes:

I agree, they should do an exclusive on all of the other destroids including the cheyenne. I would gladly jump through all the hoops to get one of each at a minimum.

If exclusive you meant available via HLJ and other HK shops then count me in :p.

If exclusive you meant available via HLJ and other HK shops then count me in :p.

I'd even jump on a chronicles exclusive, sure we could get enough people to buy in.

I guess whatever it takes to make this possible.

• 1 month later...

Looks like an HDP conversion Kit. I have my extra Destroid ready to go!!!!

And Yamato is gonna issue the TRex kits as web exclusives? or each kit will come with the no paint versions? I wonder if it's ABS.

Am I guessing this right?

Looks like an HDP conversion Kit. I have my extra Destroid ready to go!!!!

And Yamato is gonna issue the TRex kits as web exclusives? or each kit will come with the no paint versions? I wonder if it's ABS.

Am I guessing this right?

So is it for sure a conversion kit? Do I need to go out and get a spare Destroid?

3345561023_ee3be80edb.jpg

Awesome.....After 2 long years of hope and anticipation, the phalanx is finally on its way... The kanji mentions "half body", "able to be build two variants"...

I guess you do need to have a spare destroid to build the Phalanx from the HDP kit. I could be wrong but I hope Yamato is referring to the blue phalanx variant.

3345561023_ee3be80edb.jpg

Awesome.....After 2 long years of hope and anticipation, the phalanx is finally on its way... The kanji mentions "half body", "able to be build two variants"...

Uhm, you do realize that in the picture you've posted, it states that the Phalanx is "planned for an autumn, 2009 release", right?

If they couldn't garner enough interest to continue the destroid line, making a kit is actually a good idea. If it's just the top half, that will make people buy up the other destroids for the bottom half, and will then help clear the shelves, and sell the product. Does my wallet like it, hell no, but for a business, it's brilliant.

WOW. great strategy Yamato. You gotta hand it to them...LOL...so to get a Phalanx you're gonna drop $100 on another destroid and THEN have to pay for the HDP or whatever top---which I'm SURE they are gonna charge at LEAST $80-$100 for. SORRY---NOT GONNA HAPPEN.... :angry::angry::angry:

I really hope that we will get a toy version of Phalanx in a year or so...

That's not gonna happen. Yamato would have done that 2 years ago if the demand is there and in fact the entire destroid line is not doing very well. This is the reason Yamato decided to do HDP kit for Phalanx, they service the hardcore Macross fans, but not losing money to make them in toy form.

Plane VF-1A/J finally, that means I can make the Arcade customs.

I wish they make the VF-1A unpainted kit in GRAY PLASTIC, not white.

Uhm, you do realize that in the picture you've posted, it states that the Phalanx is "planned for an autumn, 2009 release", right?

Yes, the first announcement that Yamatao made on 1/60 Phalanx was 2 years ago in 2009 summer, but it didn't happen. The project was dead.

Now we finally see it is coming in HDP kit form right now after 2 years.

Edited by Vi-RS