Anyone Play any Macross RPG's

Grayson72

My suggestion is to not make the player pay for the vehicle unless his character personally owns it. Additionally, since the players aren't paying for them, you can pretty much throw point costs out the window and just focus on modeling the stats (or just use the points for comparison purposes).

Hello all,

I must first start by saying I am a RPG freak. I do not know how many RPGs I have played, from the original "D&D" to "Nuns with Guns". As far as Macross RPG goes, I must agree with Penguin, Palladium sucks for Macross.

Although, if you take the time to convert everything to SDC, it actually works a lot better.

I actually spent the time creating VFs and Zentraedi ships for Megatraveller (lots of time on guard duty). It worked OKay, but still fell short of the Macross series.

FASA's Battletech worked well for Macross style campaigns (the battlepods have to be used as light mechs and the VFs as heavy) but the stats for the mecha and ships have to be altered to where they are nothing like Macross.

West End Games old Star Wars universe worked alright with Macross (Yes I am the king of crossovers :D ).

Pod 9's Sillouette system is reportedly really good (I actually have not played that one or Fusion).

I am currently checking out the Mekton 2, Mekton Empire, and Mekton Z systems. There are groups online who have successfully converted Macross over to the Mekton Z system by R.Talisorian and claim it works well.

Gurps mecha, I have played it, and it works well (better than Palladium).

The D20 system, I am not a fan of the Wiz Kids. However, I have been told the new mecha supplement for the D20 system works well also.

As far as realism is concerned, I think everybody can agree its the GM's job to make the adventure as accurate as needed.

Well there is my ten cents. :lol:

Oh for those of you who have seen my site and wonder, Gideon if you hate Palladium why are all the stats on your site for Palladium, the answer is simply this. The Palladium system is the most recognized system used for Macross RPG. That's it. Besides, my RPG group would kill me, when we play Macross RPG offline, all we use is Palladium (majority rules).

I must first start by saying I am a RPG freak.

Hallelujah! Join the club!

West End Games old Star Wars universe worked alright with Macross (Yes I am the king of crossovers  ).

I tried that one too. I must say it did work rather well. I much prefer the West End Games rules to the current D20 incarnation.

Pod 9's Sillouette system is reportedly really good (I actually have not played that one or Fusion).

Allow me to confirm those reports. I use Silhouette extensively. Fusion's pretty good too, especially if you want to mix genres.

The D20 system, I am not a fan of the Wiz Kids. However, I have been told the new mecha supplement for the D20 system works well also.

Actually, that's Wizards of the Coast, not Wiz Kids (or were you making a joke? ;) ). Guardians of Order, who make BESM, put the D20 mecha system together, and DP9 joined in as well and now provides dual stats using that system. I wasn't too inspired by it. There's just something about the D20 system and vehicles that sort of seems "oh, by the way, here are some vehicles rules...". It's centred much more on character-scale action.

Oh for those of you who have seen my site and wonder, Gideon if you hate Palladium why are all the stats on your site for Palladium, the answer is simply this. The Palladium system is the most recognized system used for Macross RPG. That's it. Besides, my RPG group would kill me, when we play Macross RPG offline, all we use is Palladium (majority rules).

A pox on foul Siembieda for making it so! :angry: Thanks to him we have legions of players going forward thinking a VF-1's head lasers are virtually useless and that Oberth-class destroyers are one-man fighters. :p

I was at macrossrpg.com or unspacy.com (can't remember which) for a brief while, but I grew tired of it because I primarily wanted to be involved in a SWI campaign and I wound up getting stuck with a post-M7 bomber squadron flying VAB-2 wraiths (I think that's what it was... based of the Zaubergaran I think) and most of the others I was involved with weren't very active.

I was the one running the SWI campaign. Where were you? Of course few of the kids thought that flying around in VF-1 was cool so I decided to end the retro campaign until retro macross became cool again.

Hey Roy,

I don't recall being given much of a choice... just design the character and he'll be assigned. I mentioned that my preference was for the VF-1, but it didn't seem to have much effect... oh well. Maybe I'll try again later.

www.macrossroleplay.org

or

www.macrossroleplay.org/boards

to a direct link to the boards.

In addition to players. If you're thinking about starting a Macross RPG, plan on game mastering it and can show that you have some people interested in being a player there's a possiblity about it being hosted there.

• 1 month later...

Somewhat off-topic

I was flipping through some old Robotech RPG books, and I noticed that Roy had levels in a Fighter Pilot OCC, along with the Valkyrie Pilot OCC. Is this OCC listed anywhere in the books? I couldn't seem to find it. Just curious. :p

I am interested in trying to get into Role-playing with Macross. I am kinda partial to the Macross Plus/7 timeline. Would someone be willing to PM the information on this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Twich

My bad... I completely mis-read the post above (removes head from ass)

I am aware that the two RPGs are not one and the same, I was merely commenting that if you examined the two OCCs ("Veritech Pilot OCC" from RT and "Valkyrie Pilot OCC" from MII) side by side, they are very similar.

Edited by Skull Leader

As both relate to the same role, and are written by the same writers they will be similar. Added in to that the skills selection being so limited by Palladium its no wonder really that they are almost identical. Its one reason that I updated the VF Pilot OCC to include more skills to round them out more.

http://unsd.macrossroleplay.org/rpg.php (3/4 of the way down the page)

As Roy said we at the MRG (Macross RPG Galaxies) have plenty of space for new units and campaigns, and have a highly experienced staff. At the moment we are currently running at about 4% of our available server space. That includes all of the material of the UN Spacy Database and the material of Macross RPG Galaxies

If anyone has any further questions please field them to either myself, Jet Jockey, or Crimson Reaver, on the MRG boards so we can answer them quickly for you. (Don't check this board too often.)

Thanks Prime :) The UNSD is a labour of love :) One thats been up and running for about 7-8 years now. When it gets to 10 Im throwing a massive party LOL :lol:

Well Tekkaman, the Macross-15 Campaign used to be at the MRC, and prior to that it was at the MRN, (now AMRN, or whatever its changed its name to, I don't keep track.) It is now however in its permanent home :) The M-15 Campaign is set in early 2050, so not that long after M7.