Ps2 Game A.c.e 2

GrimlockCW

Buy a Japanese system if you wanna' play Japanese games, or you'll have to deal with 'mod chips, soldering, disc swapping, rain dancing, praying to God and all of that other stuff just to get it to work. Also, I don't even know if modification is possible with the slim design...

Edited by myk

Yeah after I posted that I figured it was either mod chip or Japanese console. There is a disc and the two little metal keys that you install on the disc tray that allow you to play any game on any machine even the new slim one.

I have an xbox 360 on a HP 58" DLP hdtv and it is pretty awesome. I'm hoping that there are some new Macross games for the 25th anniversary. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'll probably wait for the US release of the PS3 and pick up a PS2 cheap.

Steve

Edited by Steve68

i wouldn't put it past someone to come up with a game, problem is how much hype will they generate (i honestly didn't know about the SDF:Macross game till just a few monthes ago, and got it of course)

i also think that they'd stick with the Japanese Giant of Sony, and go with the PS3.

assuming the console doesn't end up on immediate recall upon release with all its issues so far in manufacturing :/

I was wondering I noticed this game does have a 2 player mode would it make a good tournament game... I've run gaming for an anime convention for the past two years and this year I'd like to have something Macross-y for the 25th anniversay and Battlecry's 2 player sucks.. and I don't know about any other Macross/robotech macross saga games with vs modes.

I was wondering I noticed this game does have a 2 player mode would it make a good tournament game... I've run gaming for an anime convention for the past two years and this year I'd like to have something Macross-y for the 25th anniversay and Battlecry's 2 player sucks.. and I don't know about any other Macross/robotech macross saga games with vs modes.

hmmm... ACE-2 is a very cool game but due to its Targeting system Fails to be a good Tournament game. :(

I wish SDF Macross for PS2 had a 2 player mode.

as for Battlecry... to each his own but we have had some pretty good Tournaments so far .

see link.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...8c-e0eeedbfedeb

hmmm... ACE-2 is a very cool game but due to its Targeting system Fails to be a good Tournament game. :(

I wish SDF Macross for PS2 had a 2 player mode.

as for Battlecry... to each his own but we have had some pretty good Tournaments so far .

see link.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...8c-e0eeedbfedeb

Really targeting issues were my problem with Battlecry 2-player either you have autotargeting on in which case it's impossible to miss, or you have it off and it's impossible to hit. But maybe my memory is foggy it's been years since I played it, maybe I'll give it another try before I judge it. And A.C.E. 2 as well.

I liked battlecry though for single player... maybe I'll give another try at two player also cause I never got to play many real matches to get a feel for it.

And yes if Macross for PS2 had a versus or co-op mode taht would have been awesome.

Both ACE and ACE2 have 2 player versus. Neither game is very balanced however, so if you want to do a tournament keep it to Valkyries.

A game save with all the mecha unlocked is here:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/save/929427.html

Valkyrie Tournament Blues

Believe me we wanted to use ACE-2 for next years tournament.

ACE-2's Graphics are amazing and the Battelfields looked great but the targeting system basicly did all the work.

in our test the winner was the guy who could fire the fastest.

Battelcry also has auto targeting but a skilled pilot can avoid getting hit with flares and tactics. and to be competative you need to be proficient in all 3 modes.

I wish we didnt have to use a Roblowtech Game but we have tested every Valkyrie Game ever made.

Next year we plan to have a mini Ace 2 Demo: but for the tourny it looks like we are stuck with Battlecry. :(

oh well its not so bad when we play it with a Digital Projector. its like watching 2, 1/55 scale Valkyrie fighting HAHAHA!

we just hope they make something amazing for the PS3!!!

if they ever make a game that has mecha from Macross Zero thru Macross Plus ... that will be a Great DAY!!!

IPB Image

VS

IPB Image

basicly an updated version of Ps1 Macross Plus Game edition would be the best game ever!!

Edited by Razor x

• 2 weeks later...

I'd keep an eye and ear open for A.C.E 3, cause if they can get the license i'm sure they'd hit'em up.

A.C.E 2 seemed a decent hit, and mostly thanks to the addition of the Mac valks.

for M+ though it'd be odd since that was mostly on a differant world and had little that could be mixed into the games "story" aside from the YF-19 vs YF-21 over earth, Ghost X-9, and Macross battles.