Macross F Galaxy Tour

Tochiro

Thanks for that in-depth review! Sounds fantastic.

Count yours truly among the "losers". I tried my best to get these tickets, alas. :(

I feel for you mate, I really do. The tics for the Osaka concert were going for half the auction price of the Tokyo ones too - maybe hit up yahoo Japan next time theres an event?

One thing that really struck me as unusual was the lack of foreigners there. Macross arguably has a bigger following in the West than it does in Japan, thanks to the Robotech angle and most anime-related events I've been to in the past - Macross or otherwise - have had a handful of foreigners attend at the very least. At the concert I saw one fellow foreigner I believe. The chap had a killer mo.

Just goes to show how hard tickets were to come by, I suppose.

Thanks for the review, knightwing. Sounds like an awesome event and wished I was there. :(

Hopefully a BD will be released for the actual concert. What are the chances of this happening (you know like the Suzumiya Haruhi one)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31319140@N05/...57608016144402/

ZOMG!!!!! :ph34r: Klan-Klan WITH Super Pack!!!! :wub:

Thanks for the pics, Tochiro. ^_^

If only some Zentraedi would cause a ruckus where I lived so that May'n and Megumi would have to be flown in for some culture warfare. :ph34r:

Psstt.....Zentraedi wont be coming until next year. Hope all MW'ers can make it to South Ataria Island, and hitch a ride with SDF-1. :ph34r:

Edited by grss1982

Tochiro how did you get a ticket? So far I`ve lost every lottery for a ticket and they sell out in less than a minuet when tickets go on general sale. Tickets for the next one go on sale this weekend, if I can get them this time I guess I will just have to get them off of an auction.

I don't get this lottery ticket thing. If the response is so good, why not just rent a bigger hall and have as much ppl enter it as possible, as opposed to limiting it to only a small percentage of people who are interested in the concert?

I don't get this lottery ticket thing. If the response is so good, why not just rent a bigger hall and have as much ppl enter it as possible, as opposed to limiting it to only a small percentage of people who are interested in the concert?

1) They need to book locales in advance. 2) They don't have an idea of how many people will show. If they rent a larger locale, then undersell tickets, the promoters have to pay for the cost of those lost seats. Under-estimating, breaking even or making a small profit is better than over-estimating, then losing money.

Well then....book another locale since they know there will be much more ppl who will be interested than anticipated.

Even so, it should be a 1st come 1st serve basis, not lottery. Only Macross concerts are the 1s i heard of a concert that limits u by lotteries. They didn't have this system for the Haruhi concert nor the Bleach musicals.

That's why they set an extra date. It was originally gonna be just Yokohama and Osaka, but now that they've seen that there's demand, the next one's gonna be at the Budokan. Well, I don't feel like going through all that ticket BS again (you just know the same gits will want to go AGAIN when some haven't had the chance to attend even one), and I'm gonna spend more on travelling expenses, plus I have no time, so I hope some other MWer can go instead. Good luck!

As for foreigners, I guess you need pretty good Japanese skills to secure these tickets. It's confusing even for Japanese people. :wacko:

Hi Guy

Regarding on getting ticket for concert in Yokohama that I went, As I do not live in Japan and my Japanese is merely beginner, I can't buy lottery ticket. I used Japan shopping service web site that has experience in buying original and resell ticket. Once the ticket was on sell on official day, well it was already sold out. So I asked Japan shopping service web site to look for ticket at resell market which they managed to find resold ticket that cost me 28000 Yen (about 4 times original cost) in just one day after official selling date.

So if anyone still hope to get ticket at Osaka or Tokyo concert, you would have to prepare to pay heavily either on Yahoo Japan Auction or resell market.

• 2 years later...