Star Wars toys

Your kidding??? This is for real? Do you know how big that would be! XD And how much????

2-1/2 ft long, msrp last year was rumored for $149.99. Yes its legit.

Hey guys, just from looking at the new Falcon pics, was there ever a figure of Luke with the helmet he used (with blast sheild down) whislt on the falcon?

So far, no. The closest one is a helmet that comes in the Mara Jade/Luke comic pack, but the blast shield isn't down.

2-1/2 ft long, msrp last year was rumored for $149.99. Yes its legit.

So far, no. The closest one is a helmet that comes in the Mara Jade/Luke comic pack, but the blast shield isn't down.

Ahh ok, my bro has the mara/luke comic pack, it is a cool helmet. :D

So what is the helmet they are showing then? Come with the falcon box? :o 149.99 is not bad at all....

So are these buyable yet? Or we have to wait a bit yet...

So what is the helmet they are showing then? Come with the falcon box? ohmy.gif 149.99 is not bad at all....

So are these buyable yet? Or we have to wait a bit yet...

Not sure, Hasbro was extremely secretive about this. It was rumored to be unveiled at toyfair, but was held back, and Hasbro was hush-hush about it. Everyone was surprised it was not shown. If their cover had not been blown a few months prior we may have seen it. A lot of things that were rumored to be unveiled were not(not just Star Wars). I am not sure if the Falcon will come with that helmet. I think it may actually be indirectly unveiling a rerelease of VOTC Luke with that helmet as a single card figure sans VOTC clamshell.

Since the box is already done, I think we will see this at SDCC, then see a limited retailer exclusive release, then mass retail. Not sure. Something this big needs a lot of retailer support. Target tends to support Hasbro a lot, so it would not surprise me if they got it first. Undoubtedly this is more expensive than the ATTE. Maybe it will be released after that, since the AT-TE is the big ticket SW item this year.

Cool, thanks Shin for this great info, i'll be getting one for me bro deffinently.

There is possitively NO way i can warrant buying something this huge being married. If i ever did it would be MISB.

Not bad price and all, i still might just do this secretly. :lol:

I'm still waiting for an AT-ST that can fit atleast one figure. :p

Cool, thanks Shin for this great info, i'll be getting one for me bro deffinently.

No prob man.

There is possitively NO way i can warrant buying something this huge being married. If i ever did it would be MISB.

Not bad price and all, i still might just do this secretly. laugh.gif

I'm still waiting for an AT-ST that can fit atleast one figure. tongue.gif

If the wife ever asks, tell her "HONEY AT LEAST ITS NOT THE USS FLAGG!~".

That monstrosity of awesomeness is 7 ft long. I'm still surprised it even came out. No line, not even Star Wars, has been able to match that achievement of the gijoe line.

Also, I do not regret missing the 2004 Millenium Falcon. In fact, I no longer regret missing the Kenner Star Wars figures of the late 90's. These past few years have been the best to catch up with Star Wars figures. Great sculpts, great articulation, better vehicles, reissues of classic vehicles, I feel great.

Just need more EU Mandolorians and KOTOR characters! Oh speaking of which...

New Rumor List!

The TIE Predator....eh...I didn't like it much when I first saw it in the Legacy comic, not a big fan of the Legacy book in general. Did anyone know that Darth Krayt is

Asharadd Hett?

If the wife ever asks, tell her "HONEY AT LEAST ITS NOT THE USS FLAGG!~".

That monstrosity of awesomeness is 7 ft long. I'm still surprised it even came out. No line, not even Star Wars, has been able to match that achievement of the gijoe line.

Seriously. And they SHOULD. I can well envision a Mail in / exclusive 7 foot Star Destroyer playset....

Course, GI Joe has never come close to matching that since. The Shuttle set was interesting, but I've always wanted the Flagg. I still regret letting my parents get rid of my mint vintage Joe Vehicles. Had the Skystriker, the Black Version with the neon tips, the X-19 Stealth Fighter, 2 of the Cobra Night Ravens (one was missing a couple pieces but the other was complete) and assorted ground vehicles.

Had the Skystriker, the Black Version with the neon tips, the X-19 Stealth Fighter

I have both of these, both broken by a neighbor we babysitted when he was young. Both bad ass. Only a few years ago I realized the Night Boomber(black skystriker), is very rare. Which makes hunting parts for it a complete bitch.

From the recent rumor list, I think we have an idea of what the TRU B-wing will look like, grey and orange.

Just need more EU Mandolorians and KOTOR characters! Oh speaking of which...

New Rumor List!

The TIE Predator....eh...I didn't like it much when I first saw it in the Legacy comic, not a big fan of the Legacy book in general. Did anyone know that Darth Krayt is

Asharadd Hett?

Yeah, the reveal for who Darth Krayt pretty much was the reason I stopped reading Legacy; I just didn't care for it at all. Also the KOTOR comic started off very well but now it seems like they are dragging out the story, but I'll be sticking with it for the time being.

Sorry to derail a bit. I do find myself always checking out the SW toys but never bought any. Just trying to prioritize my spending and I don't need another drain on my income ^_^ . I would've been all over the Darth Revan and Malak figures, but those never even made it to the shelves as far as I'm concerned (damn scalpers :angry: ). They should make more KOTOR figures, I'd be all over them.

Please tell me Hasbro isn't seriously considering making HK-47 a build-a-figure. :rolleyes:

Unless he's an electronic-talking bastard or his parts are packaged with other KOTOR figures I want, I can see the whole exercise becoming very annoying.

I don't want to expend a bunch of cash on "meh" characters I have no interest in, just to get the parts needed to make HK. Worse, I don't wanna deal with idiot scalpers who'll buy up figures just because they have a rare/short-packed part of HK.

Hey guys, just from looking at the new Falcon pics, was there ever a figure of Luke with the helmet he used (with blast sheild down) whislt on the falcon? Always loved that helmet, love to get that figure. :D

Actually they did release a figure with that helmet, 10 years ago.

POTF2 Luke Skywalker with Blast Shield Helmet. I assume it's the same helmet they're using in that photo.

Seriously. And they SHOULD. I can well envision a Mail in / exclusive 7 foot Star Destroyer playset....
The larger and more expensive something is, the more Hasbro would want to flog it at as many stores as possible to keep the price reasonable. Mail order/online exclusives don't sell that many units, especially as Hasbro would be selling it direct to consumer.

Pics!

20080406_07.jpg

20080406_06.jpg

20080406_03.jpg

(you can see i have added my Saga X-Wing in the cabinet minus it's right wings and both lasers to add a sweet as diorama setting. Of course the moss is a great touch, the bloody thing is huge and takes alot of space......)

20080406_05.jpg

That's pretty much it besides Luke cloud city, and Luke jedi training fig that came with the x-wing.

Hey who is that Luke in the grey costume? Thats bad assed man. X-wing VOTC Luke is my favorite Luke figure too. The X-wing with moss is awesome too.

You guys know who needs an update? The Coruscant guard Luke, with red armor. Give him super articulation...and it will be the best Luke figure. I have the jedi Luke from TAC wave 4 and its so overlooked and under rated. Yeah its not Death Star II Luke, but compared to the last 2 jedi lukes before it, it completely outlcasses them.

Hey who is that Luke in the grey costume? Thats bad assed man. X-wing VOTC Luke is my favorite Luke figure too. The X-wing with moss is awesome too.

You guys know who needs an update? The Coruscant guard Luke, with red armor. Give him super articulation...and it will be the best Luke figure. I have the jedi Luke from TAC wave 4 and its so overlooked and under rated. Yeah its not Death Star II Luke, but compared to the last 2 jedi lukes before it, it completely outlcasses them.

That's my mish mash Shadow Trooper armour (comes with the Shadow Speeder) and Bespin Luke head! :-)

I am happy with this figure too, only problem is he's got bowed legs (to seat easier on the speeder, but not so bad. Just funny

to pose without the speeder. :lol: My bro actaully got me another Bespin Luke by accident, and i haven't broken him out

of the box yet, probably won't. Yes, the dagobah x-wing is kick ass.

I'll try and find my pics i did of my x-wing...

I have the jedi Luke from TAC wave 4 and its so overlooked and under rated. Yeah its not Death Star II Luke, but compared to the last 2 jedi lukes before it, it completely outlcasses them.

It does have some serious flaws though: the lack of the vest, the pink kibble on his artificial hand, the grey (and matted) boots, and the bath-towel tabbards that wrap around Luke's neck instead of laying flat on his shoulders. With straight-out-of-the-box flaws like these, I can understand why opinions about this figure are so divisive.

.....Of course, it didn't stop me from buying, customizing, and modifying two of them. ;)

And articulation-wise, the figure is a hell of a lot more poseable than the Jedi Lukes that preceded him.

I have both of these, both broken by a neighbor we babysitted when he was young. Both bad ass. Only a few years ago I realized the Night Boomber(black skystriker), is very rare. Which makes hunting parts for it a complete bitch.

From the recent rumor list, I think we have an idea of what the TRU B-wing will look like, grey and orange.

hehe I remember really loving the nightboomer... anyone knows what the asking price for one of these is, as I have like 2 mothballed at my parents place which am thinking to trade for macross stuff.

Wow, they're releasing the B-Wing again? I bought the first reissue in the POTJ line. As I recall, that release didn't sell particularly well, so here's hoping that if there is a new B-Wing reissue, it does well.

As suggested by Galactic Hunter, I'd like to see Hasbro reissue the Rebel Transport. It's a neat toy, it has a toy feature (figure storage), and it looks pretty cool.

Wow, they're releasing the B-Wing again? I bought the first reissue in the POTJ line. As I recall, that release didn't sell particularly well, so here's hoping that if there is a new B-Wing reissue, it does well.

Yes, I've seen the tags at TRU for $34.99, and Hasbro mentioned in a recent q/a that its in EU deco, and they are holding back its unveiling because I think its a spoiler since its significant in an upcoming comic storyline.

It does have some serious flaws though: the lack of the vest, the pink kibble on his artificial hand, the grey (and matted) boots, and the bath-towel tabbards that wrap around Luke's neck instead of laying flat on his shoulders. With straight-out-of-the-box flaws like these, I can understand why opinions about this figure are so divisive.

.....Of course, it didn't stop me from buying, customizing, and modifying two of them. wink.gif

And articulation-wise, the figure is a hell of a lot more poseable than the Jedi Lukes that preceded him.

I gave him the cloak from the 04 version, mine looks BAD ASSed now! Don't know if I'll pick up the upcoming scarfed one.

BTW Battle damaged Vader is one of the best figures I have bought in a while. Alignment for the armor pieces could be a LOT better, but man its awesome.

Am I right to assume that there has never been an Obi-wan in Clonetrooper armor action figure from the Clone Wars animated series? I know there is a statue/bust and 12 inch doll from Sideshow but never a 3 3/4 action figure?

There was one that came in a Jedi vs Sith battle pack a while ago, around the time ROTS figures were still shipping, but it wasn't a great figure (most of the figures that come in the battle packs are pretty shocking) - the new Obi-Wan that is about to be released is light years ahead (if you'll pardon the pun)...

Unless you meant an Obi-Wan made in the animated style... in which case no...

I think I'm done on the Star Wars figures unless a super-articulated Anakin comes out, or they bring out some great looking new Clonetrooper schemes.
They've done that a few times already. In 2005 in the Anakin/Darth Vader Evolutions pack they had super-articulated figures of Ep II, III Anakin and Darth Vader.

They recently retooled the Evolutions Ep III Anakin to give him ball-jointed hips and a cloth skirt. Gallery at Rebelscum.com

An alternative is the recently-released Order 66 pack with Anakin and a super-articulated ARC Trooper. He doesn't have ball jointed hips, but his entire upper tunic is softgoods, and $10 for 2 figures is a good deal. Gallery at Rebelscum

They recently retooled the Evolutions Ep III Anakin to give him ball-jointed hips and a cloth skirt. Gallery at Rebelscum.com

As good as this one is, it still lacks ball jointed elbows, which a lot of fans, myself included, want on this figure. We hope the upcoming Durge comic pack has an Anakin with the ball elbows, but no one knows for sure yet.

Surprisingly enough, one of the best Anakin figures is the Spirit of Anakin. I have a thing for clear plastic figures, so for me, it was an immediate buy when I saw it in person.